Other users cannot play game until owner logs in

Discus and support Other users cannot play game until owner logs in in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a game, kids have their own profiles on the same Xbox. But they cannot play the game unless I log in. We all have the same Xbox as "home... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ivan Horvat1, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Ivan Horvat1
    Ivan Horvat1 Guest

I bought a game, kids have their own profiles on the same Xbox. But they cannot play the game unless I log in. We all have the same Xbox as "home Xbox". What should I change in installations to make them able to play the game, all or selected games?

:)

Ivan Horvat1, Sep 23, 2023
  2. Ivan Horvat1 Win User

0. All 3 users have checked "Make this my home Xbox" in Settings / Personalisation. Never had Xbox One or another MS console before. Nothing was set to Lock it down.

1. Game (Goat Simulator 3) is installed on the Xbox:

[​IMG]

2. All the same after restart, cable unplugged for 10 seconds etc

3. Kids' profiles are set up correctly. They are linked to my Microsoft account.

4. Signed out and in. No change.

So now kids need to sign in on my account first, then switch to theirs and then they can play. Without it it looks like this:

[​IMG]

*MOD EDIT: Removed excess spacing*
  3. Ivan Horvat1 Win User

Ok, now I get it. I completely missed this detail. Counterintuitive, I think but I should read instructions more closely.

Thank you very much, it works now. :D
  4. Ivan Horvat1 Win User

"While signed into your profile, can you play games like Goat Simulator with this error icon?"

When I am signed to my profile, I can play all games without any error icon. And other users (kids) can play them withou error icon.

It's just when I sign out, then it takes about 2-3 seconds and error icon appears on all games, which refuse to start or stop when they are in progress of playing.

So I need to be signed in to allow all other users to play any of games I bought.

"Are you configured as Home Xbox on a different console, too? If so, the current console you are attempting to use will automatically establish you as a non-Home Xbox user."

No, I never owned Xbox console before and never configured one in the past. This is a fresh new console, I configured first with my account and then everybody else. All of us have it as Home Xbox.

Actually accounts on Microsoft platform was estabilishet before only for Minecraft gaming I guess, mainly Nintendo Switch and iOS.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Ivan Horvat1,

Thanks for the reply.

To answer your query, logs are often shared by utilizing the report an issue app to submit a report to Team Xbox.

We just have two more questions about this issue before you submit a report to the team.

While signed into your profile, can you play games like Goat Simulator with this error icon?

Are you configured as Home Xbox on a different console, too? If so, the current console you are attempting to use will automatically establish you as a non-Home Xbox user.

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Ivan Horvat1,

Thanks for the reply and update.

In that case, we will recommend you try to remove all profiles (making sure you do not delete the saves) and make sure the account that has subscription or license is the only one that ticked the Make this my home Xbox.

Next, sign in back the (3) profiles to the console.

Then, see if all 3 profiles can access the games installed by the account with subscription or license.

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

Thema:

1. Other users cannot play game until owner logs in - Similar Threads - users cannot play

2. Why does my xbox keep showing "User cannot do this because of how your account is set up"

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox keep showing "User cannot do this because of how your account is set up": Hello, i have recently purchased Modern Warfare 2 for my Xbox Series S and its running great. However when i play ranked matches i prefer to turn crossplay off. I can only do that in the setting...
  3. I cannot sign in or add new user to Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot sign in or add new user to Xbox Series X: I started to have this problem after a firmware update back in May 2022. No matter what I do, resetting console to factory specs, or keep games and apps and reset console, I cannot sign in or add...
  4. Skyrim aniversary update cannot be used by other user on the same x-box series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim aniversary update cannot be used by other user on the same x-box series X: We just bought the new X-box. My wife, my son and I share the same game consols. I bought the Skyrim aniversery update. It will only update for my username. My wife does not have access to it....
  5. after password change cannot log in on xbox live app . user action required

in XBoX on Windows
    after password change cannot log in on xbox live app . user action required: i recently changed my microsoft password. and after i open up my xbox live up game pass ultimate (PC) it says cant log in to xbox live user action required for authentication . even with the...
  6. Minecraft app on Android 2nd user cannot sign on to Xbox - other Microsoft games work no...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft app on Android 2nd user cannot sign on to Xbox - other Microsoft games work no...: I have a Galaxy Tab A setup with my adult account and a child USER account setup as well. That way I can control what apps are installed etc. I can sign into Minecraft no problems on my account,...
  7. Sign in problems - cannot add user

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sign in problems - cannot add user: Hi. I had to reset my password because my sneaky son was usiing it to extend screen time when I started getting errors trying to log in on my console. I had assumed it would ask me for the new...
  8. Cannot sign-in/add user profile even after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign-in/add user profile even after factory reset: Hello, I've followed the troubleshooting steps in this link but I am still facing the issue:...
  9. Help, cannot add user or download updates for xbox one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help, cannot add user or download updates for xbox one.: Please help, I cannot add user to xbox one and cannot download any updates. Have tried all suggestions, hard reset, rebooting modem, unplugging etc, I have also eliminated a switch and connected...
  10. Comcast: 0x801901f4 Error - Something went wrong - cannot login - remove and re-add user works

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Comcast: 0x801901f4 Error - Something went wrong - cannot login - remove and re-add user works: Comcast (ISPs): 0x801901f4 Error - Something went wrong - cannot login - remove and re-add user works Removing and adding your account again is a legit step described even in basic troubleshooting...