OSU1 may update needed

Discus and support OSU1 may update needed in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; is there an eta on when the OSU1 on the site will get updated? my one x has been down for almost 3 weeks now when it failed an update on the beta dash... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by mohawkjoe420, May 14, 2023.

1. mohawkjoe420
    mohawkjoe420 Guest

OSU1 may update needed

is there an eta on when the OSU1 on the site will get updated? my one x has been down for almost 3 weeks now when it failed an update on the beta dash and the osu version is to low to run on the console

:)

mohawkjoe420, May 14, 2023
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

OSU1 may update needed

Excerpt... "Because consoles enrolled in the Xbox Insider Programme receive preview updates, any of the Offline System Update (OSU) files will not resolve this issue."

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/index/#wiki_q.3A_can_i_use_offline_system_updates_to_install_an_update_on_my_enrolled_console.3F

The console needs to be unenrolled from any preview before attempting a OSU.

When the console is unenrolled the General Availability OS is installed.

If it fails to install the GA OS it will need a Factory reset.

If a Factory reset fails, the console needs to be repaired.
  3. mohawkjoe420 Win User

OSU1 may update needed

it will once the public dash is above the currently installed beta dash, ive been through this a few times over the years of being in the beta. i know the may dash is out now but the osu on the website is still the 4/06 date dash version so im stuck waiting on the 5/10 osu
  4. WattyNuela Win User

OSU1 may update needed

Hello MOHAWKJOE420, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you

Unfortunately there is no ETA about this, I know the Xbox team usually release 1 or 2 updates per month, but depending on the insider ring you're enrolled. Can take less or more to match the system version your console is using
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

OSU1 may update needed

Seems a long time to wait. From Beta to Omega, and then GA, just to get a OSU1 file thats older than Beta preview the console is on. A Factory reset is quicker than waiting for a file that may not solve a potential hardware issue.

"on my sons console that is not in the beta but has just updated to the may dashboard,".

As far as I'm aware the new dashboard is only available to Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead previews.

Edit (22-5-2023) A subset of BETA Insider previews have the new Dashboard

"so just like the previous times, once the osu file is higher than what the console is asking for it will update with no issues."

I would investigate your network access if you need to use a OFFLINE System update file (OSU1) all the time. A stable network is required for all the preview updates that Alpha and Skip Ahead receive each week.

Depending on preview, a Insider console is updated several times over the course of preview.

ASA preview is especially demanding of updates, and if one or two are missed, well, lets just say its not convenient.
  6. shadowmoh Win User

OSU1 may update needed

hello if I understood correctly even if it is an xbox which receives the insider updates, once an OSU is more recent than the insider update it is possible to carry out an offline update? my hard drive has just failed and I am in this situation, no way to update offline knowing that I have the very latest version of the insider update. thank you for answering it.
Thema:

OSU1 may update needed

1. OSU1 may update needed - Similar Threads - OSU1 may update

2. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

in XBoX on Windows
    When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...: I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do the OSU1, Will it factory reset on its own and...
  3. Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?: I have made a post like a hour ago saying that I have a problem where my Xbox has a start up error with the code E106. I noticed that there was a second option called offline system update. I...
  4. Osu1 outdated Help me ! Xbox one x insider 28 february

in XboX Insiders
    Osu1 outdated Help me ! Xbox one x insider 28 february: Hello everyone, I have xbox one x And it had an SSD, so I put an HD there because I'm going to sell it, now I can't install the system via the offline website Does anyone have osu1 that came out...
  5. [PLEASE] Update OSU1 file, someone of Xbox is aware of this?

in XboX Insiders
    [PLEASE] Update OSU1 file, someone of Xbox is aware of this?: I don't know who contact, I love Xbox but I'm having problems, my xbox can't install offline update, my xbox internal storage got damage and I had to replace once replaced I try to restore my xbox...
  6. Xbox One X Dead?: Error 101 and OSU1 not able to be used. HELP!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Dead?: Error 101 and OSU1 not able to be used. HELP!: Hi i'm on the insiders builds (25398.2919.amd64fre.xb_flt_2311zn.231204- 1210), and the last time i restarted my Xbox one X I get an E101 00000504 8b050041. I've just learnt that the OSU1...
  7. xbox insider osu1 system Version: 25398.2504.amd64fre.xb_flt_2310zn.231009-2200

in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider osu1 system Version: 25398.2504.amd64fre.xb_flt_2310zn.231009-2200: İşletim sistemi Sürümü: 25398.2504.amd64fre.xb_flt_2310zn.231009-2200 İşte bu yüzden osu1 yüklerken e101 hatası alıyorum, ne yapmalıyım? Operating system Version:...
  8. Xbox one OSU1 error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one OSU1 error: I've been trying to download the OSU1 file for 2 days now via the Microsoft/Xbox websites, and it wont load via 2 laptops or my phone to download the file to get my Xbox working again....
  9. what a time come new osu1 file ?

in XboX Insiders
    what a time come new osu1 file ?: i didnt offline update with current osu1 (E101) submitted by /u/Qzanarex [link] [comments]
  10. cant offline update my xbox one because of old OSU1 file.

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant offline update my xbox one because of old OSU1 file.: cant offline my xbox one because the osu1 file is 2 months old and its september now and the older osu1 files wont work on latest updated xbox consoles. if anyone has the capability to contact...