Original Xbox Game Won't Start in Xbox 360

Discus and support Original Xbox Game Won't Start in Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all, So let me start off saying that I enjoy playing xbox games both original (nostalgia) and xbox 360. So I looked up seeing what original xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jazzy Bear10, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Jazzy Bear10
    Jazzy Bear10 Guest

Hello all,

So let me start off saying that I enjoy playing xbox games both original (nostalgia) and xbox 360. So I looked up seeing what original xbox games are compatible to play on the XBOX 360 and I have a few such as "Buffy the Vampire Slayer",
    "Catwoman", and "Fuzion Frenzy". When I insert the games in my xbox 360 it said an xbox 360 hard drive is required which I have now.

Then when I tried putting in my Buffy game and the others a game error message pops up saying that game couldn't start. Try downloading this again.

So i tried every step such as

-rebooting the console

-removing the latest update and re updating the system

-unplugging it and leaving it unplugged for a few minutes

-removing my xbox live account and adding it back

-clearing the cache on each drive

-wiping the discs which aren't damaged

AND NOTHING WORKED !!!

Then I checked my connection and everything is connected, especially my xbox live and I reset my router and it was fine. However the "Live Service Alert" with the yellow exclamation point popped up which I'm not sure what that means. Even
    the link towards the live service page does not help me much which shows a lot of things that are active and it shows nothing related to the problem. Then I checked the status and it was saying "Error Status Report". Does this have anything
    to do with me not being able to play my original xbox games on the xbox 360? If so, How do I fix this problem? Please help. I really want to play my original xbox games on my 360 Original Xbox Game Won't Start in Xbox 360 :(

:)

Jazzy Bear10, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Jazzy Bear10 Win User

Hmm i see the price is a bit high. But thank you for the link :)
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Where did you buy your 360 hard drive from?

To play original Xbox games on the 360 does require an internal hard drive, but this drive
    must be an Official hard drive.

If you bought a drive from a private seller on eBay or Amazon it's highly likely you've bought a fake hard drive. These drives will happily work with 360 games, but they won't work with original Xbox games. The reason for this is only official hard drive
    contain the emulator software to run BC Xbox games on the 360.

Your fix is to buy an official hard drive.
  4. Allebas Win User

You can try Gamestop or Amazon. Those are the only 2 reputable places I can think of. Best of Luck!
  5. tazmad2010 Win User

6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hi Fellow Gamers,

How long have you been experiencing this issue?

Thanks so much for keeping us updated with your posts! Regarding issues you are experiencing on the Xbox 360 with your games and apps receiving the error code 807B0193, we would like to let you know that our internal teams are currently working
    diligently to investigate and implement a resolution for this. We appreciate and thank you for all the information you've provided via the forums, chats and phone calls to Xbox Support, which have proved very useful and provided a lot of necessary data to
    bring us closer to a fix.

In the meantime, it may be worthwhile to keep any eye out for any updates concerning this issue via the following:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/

https://twitter.com/xboxsupport

Thanks again and we will update you as necessary when we have further information to provide.
Thema:

1. Original Xbox Game Won't Start in Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Original Game Won't

2. What games can xbox one original and series x not play together?

in XboX Insiders
    What games can xbox one original and series x not play together?: What games can xbox series x and xbox one original not play together? submitted by /u/TheHeffmeister [link] [comments]
  3. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  4. Original Xbox One With Lifetime Game Pass??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One With Lifetime Game Pass??: Hello, I found a original Xbox One Console at a thrift store several months ago and it seems to have lifetime game pass because once I signed into it I am able to download games from game pass...
  5. If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data

in XboX Insiders
    If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data: So I might be getting a series a as I have the original Xbox one and it’s very slow. I am going to use the same Microsoft account and everything so will all my game progress save. My main worry is...
  6. I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...: It was tested on an original Xbox and it worked. I downloaded the most recent update, and even still, it will not work. I have checked, and it is on the list of those that SHOULD be compatible. It...
  7. Any way to get the original Gauntlet game re-listed on Xbox 360, One, Series x ls???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any way to get the original Gauntlet game re-listed on Xbox 360, One, Series x ls???: Is there any way of getting the original arcade Gauntlet re-listed on Xbox 360, One, or Series XlS? Or any other delisted XBLA games? 149aba9c-2f79-4864-9482-788d210ae3f5
  8. Are original Xbox games I have on disc backwards compatible with Xbox one S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are original Xbox games I have on disc backwards compatible with Xbox one S?: I am an owner of an Xbox one S, and I have been looking to buy a disc copy of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 or Rainbow Six Lockdown, which are original Xbox games. If I were to insert one of these...
  9. Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game: I was just wondering if I can play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. I have found it on the Xbox website but I don't know if I'll be able to play it. Thank you I actually miss playing...
  10. Can't remember original Epic Games account information, how do I redeem V-Bucks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't remember original Epic Games account information, how do I redeem V-Bucks?: I got my Xbox One a few years ago (I believe in 2018) and I don't remember setting up an Epic Games account when we downloaded Fortnite, but I seem to need it when I want to redeem V-Bucks. Every...