Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray

Discus and support Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; OK so I've had this xbox 360 from brand new, never had an issue, 2 years ago I moved into a semi detached bungalow, my controller got broken in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DandelionBill, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray

OK so I've had this xbox 360 from brand new, never had an issue, 2 years ago I moved into a semi detached bungalow, my controller got broken in the move so I haven't even played on it but it's been plugged in the entire time. (my neighbour is a 70odd year
    old with no ability to play games due to a stroke so it can't be him turning it on by accident with a synced controller). out of nowhere the xbox 360 at 6am turned itself on and continously opened and closed the tray, the wife unplugged it and left it in the
    middle of the room, at 11am ish I plugged it back in with no issues following.... That was until 7.30 pm the same day it repeats exactly the same! Why after all these years does it randomly turn on and freak out?!

No ghost jokes please....

:)

DandelionBill, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Happy671
    Happy671 Guest
    Xbox disc tray will open and close by itself

First when my Xbox is off it will turn on by itself and the dics tray will open and close and it will stay on. Second, when I'm trying to play my Forza 4 the Xbox power icon will blink and the tray will open then reset my Xbox. Third disc tray will open
    and close by itself constantly. PLEASE HELP OR DO I NEED TO BUY A NEW ONE!

Happy671, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Xbox 360 Slim: Flashing green center light, disc tray opens back up on its own when I try to close it

>Playing Lost Odyssey

>Please insert Disc 2

>Inserts Disc 2

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens back up

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens back up

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens back up

>Close disc tray

>Turn off console

>Disc tray opens

>Close disc tray

>Unplug console

>Disc tray remains closed

>Plug console in

>Disc tray opens

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens

>Push tray in manually

REPEAT FOREVER AND EVER

Basically, the xbox is ALWAYS in a state of opening the disc tray. As soon as the tray finishes closing, the xbox opens it again. It will never even begin to try and read the disc that you slip in.

I got this xbox on black Friday last year.

I'm in Korea right now so I'm not shipping the stupid thing back.

No *** answers please, I don't have time for them. A *** answer would be something like "check the grounding" or "clean the touch sensor."

ImVictorHoffman, Nov 18, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

Hello there!

Thanks for reaching out with this situation to us here on the forums. I understand your console is suddenly and unexpectedly turning itself on and ejecting the disc tray on its own is that correct? Is there any way that a controller of some kind may be being
    used to turn it on? It could be malfunctioning in the buttons on the face of the console as well.

Xbox 360 console turns off unexpectedly

Hope this helps

XBF George L, Nov 18, 2018
  5. I don't have a controller for it anymore as it was damaged and disposed of during the house move 2 years ago, it's been unused but plugged in for atleast 2 years but I was looking to get some controllers to start using it again for nostalgic halo playing.
    It was completely random, it isn't connected via a network either as I never switched it on to connect it

DandelionBill, Nov 18, 2018
  6. Hey there DandelionBill!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue what with the console acting weird like that when you connect it.

To be honest, that behavior sounds super weird and may be due to a hardware issue. However, if it isn't, maybe a rollback to the newest console update might help resolve this problem. When you get a controller, if the console continues acting peculiar, then
    try maybe following Solution 7 on our support page entitled
    How to get a new Xbox 360 update

When and if you get a chance, give that step a shot and let us know if that helped in resolving what's going on with the console.

Much thanks!

XBF Esteban R, Nov 6, 2018
  7. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there DandelionBill!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue what with the console acting weird like that when you connect it.

To be honest, that behavior sounds super weird and may be due to a hardware issue. However, if it isn't, maybe a rollback to the newest console update might help resolve this problem. When you get a controller, if the console continues acting peculiar, then
    try maybe following Solution 7 on our support page entitled
    How to get a new Xbox 360 update

When and if you get a chance, give that step a shot and let us know if that helped in resolving what's going on with the console.

Much thanks!
  8. DandelionBill Win User

I don't have a controller for it anymore as it was damaged and disposed of during the house move 2 years ago, it's been unused but plugged in for atleast 2 years but I was looking to get some controllers to start using it again for nostalgic halo playing.
    It was completely random, it isn't connected via a network either as I never switched it on to connect it
  9. XBF George L Win User

Hello there!

Thanks for reaching out with this situation to us here on the forums. I understand your console is suddenly and unexpectedly turning itself on and ejecting the disc tray on its own is that correct? Is there any way that a controller of some kind may be being
    used to turn it on? It could be malfunctioning in the buttons on the face of the console as well.

Xbox 360 console turns off unexpectedly

Hope this helps
  10. CrazY1985 Win User

Slim E68'd. Help! Possibly Microsoft dun goofed with its Beta.

Are you sure your disc tray is fully closed?

Sometimes an E64 error can be caused by an open / stuck disc tray

Check this tutorial for manually opening your disc tray: Click here

After you tried this, try turning on your xbox again.
  11. HassanB Win User

Xbox disc tray will open and close by itself

Thema:

1. Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray - Similar Threads - Original 360 Turns

2. Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles: I’d like to say just for memories I had with the 360 since it’s getting shut down so why not make a 360 controller for people to use submitted by /u/Imaginary-Ease8041 [link] [comments]
  3. I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...: It was tested on an original Xbox and it worked. I downloaded the most recent update, and even still, it will not work. I have checked, and it is on the list of those that SHOULD be compatible. It...
  4. star wars battlefront 2 original won't work on my 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    star wars battlefront 2 original won't work on my 360: i know the Xbox360 systems are getting old but this use to work on my last Xbox360. Same game disk, attempting to run on replacement console with original Hdd from my first console, attempting to...
  5. Any way to get the original Gauntlet game re-listed on Xbox 360, One, Series x ls???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any way to get the original Gauntlet game re-listed on Xbox 360, One, Series x ls???: Is there any way of getting the original arcade Gauntlet re-listed on Xbox 360, One, or Series XlS? Or any other delisted XBLA games? 149aba9c-2f79-4864-9482-788d210ae3f5
  6. Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game: I was just wondering if I can play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. I have found it on the Xbox website but I don't know if I'll be able to play it. Thank you I actually miss playing...
  7. Original Xbox game won’t play on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Xbox game won’t play on Xbox 360: I recently got Spiderman 2 (2004 game) for Xbox original for my son who is a huge Spiderman fan as he wants to play all the old games. Last night it was playing just fine on our 360 and today it...
  8. [Xbox 360] Some Xbox Original Games not available in download list on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Xbox 360] Some Xbox Original Games not available in download list on Xbox 360: About a year ago I purchased multiple original Xbox games that were made backwards compatible. My understanding was when these were purchased not only were they playable on Xbox One/Series...
  9. Unreleashed Xbox original games on Xbox 360 backwards compatible list??

in XboX Insiders
    Unreleashed Xbox original games on Xbox 360 backwards compatible list??: I don't understand why is Samurai Jack The Shadow of Aku and He-Man Defender of Grayskull on the Xbox 360 backwards compatible when they in fact never even releashed on the xbox original in the...
  10. Trying to play original xbox version scarface on an xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play original xbox version scarface on an xbox 360: So this game is backwards compatible on a 360 however when I try to play it it brings up a game error telling me the game couldn't start and to try downloading the game again, I am unsure as to...