Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems

Discus and support Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I was talking to my friend yesterday and it was going great. There was an orange warning sign in the party, but I thought nothing of it. Suddenly, my... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by GunGamerKid, Dec 29, 2023.

1. GunGamerKid
    GunGamerKid Guest

I was talking to my friend yesterday and it was going great. There was an orange warning sign in the party, but I thought nothing of it. Suddenly, my microphone cut out for some time, then went back on, then went back off, then back on again. It did this nonstop. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

GunGamerKid, Dec 29, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

If you're having audio issues with groups, try the following solutions.

Solutions
    If you can't hear the person you want to chat with after joining their group, try these suggestions:

Check that your privacy settings allow communication with everyone. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Online privacy and security > Xbox privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, then make your changes.

Unmute or unblock the person you're trying to chat with. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then select Groups & chats. Select the group to expand the group list, choose the person you want to unmute, and select Unmute.

Check the group chat volume for each person in your group. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then select Groups & chats. Select the group to expand the list of groups, choose the person you want to check out, and then check that their volume slider is at a level you can hear.

To change the volume level, move left or right with the D-pad or left stick to adjust the volume slider.
    Check that you joined the group chat from the group window.

Check to make sure you are not on a Discord voice channel. If you are, you'll see "Discord" and the channel name. If you're in a Discord voice channel, go to the following page for troubleshooting tips:

How to use Discord with Xbox
    Check to see if the group member who can't hear has Noise Suppression enabled in their settings. To activate or deactivate this option:
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and select Groups & chats.

Select the group displayed, and then press the A button  > Options.
    Turn Noise Suppression on and off.
    Aspects that you should take into account

This feature is enabled by default to help remove unwanted background noise from group audio, such as music, nearby fans, traffic, etc. If you are trying to share these other sounds with the group, you must disable Noise Blanking to unblock any external sounds.
    Noise suppression is enabled only on Xbox Series X|S consoles.

You may be experiencing network latency issues or other network issues. To do this, check your network's detailed statistics by following the steps described in:

Network settings on Xbox console
    You may be experiencing an issue related to Network Address Translation (NAT):
    Troubleshoot NAT and Multiplayer Errors Games

If the active game or application is silent or very quiet when using Kinect in a group chat or Skype call, the chat mixer may be set to hear only the conversation. To adjust the sound level while communicating, adjust the chat mixer settings:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then select Profile & system > Settings > General > Audio output & volume.
    Select Additional Options > Chat Mixer, and choose one of the options.

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...~:text=Check that you joined ,from the window %20of%20group.&text=Check%20to%20see%20if%20the,and%20select%20Groups%20and%20chats.

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  3. GunGamerKid Win User

I actually use xbox game bar on my computer. I believe this is a connection issue, however my connection to everything else is exemplary. Any tips, please?
  4. Anonymous23265661212 Win User

i have muted myself???

Try this:

Check the Kinect microphone setting

If you’re using the microphone in the Kinect sensor for chat, make sure no headsets are connected to your console (wired or wireless). Then, make sure the chat microphone on the Kinect sensor is on.

To turn on the Kinect chat microphone:

Sign into Xbox LIVE.

Press the Guide button on your controller.

Select Chat & IM.

Make sure the Kinect microphone is set to On.

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshooting-parties-voice-chat
  5. Highland3r Win User

"The sample rate for your microphone isn't supported" - Mic already enabled in Privacy Settings

I am able to say "Hey cortana" and cortana opens and works properly. When I go to control panel and perform microphone setup, the microphone works perfectly.

But when I open XboxApp and start party chat, I still get the error "The sample rate for your microphone isn't supported"
    Still after all troubleshooting steps done so far, every application that utilizes the microphone has no problem. The only application that has a problem is the XBOX APP when I connect to or start a Party chat.
  6. Pokepunch Win User

Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

That generic support doesn't really apply here. The problem is with a PC microphone, not an Xbox One microphone. The Xbox App on PC detects the mic and it works if I start a party via the app, but it doesn't work in any capacity on the Xbox One for parties
    or game chat.
Thema:

1. Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems - Similar Threads - Orange warning sign

2. Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one: So I wanted to ask you if the orange box is backwards compatible with xbox one please respond soon a1045a00-0713-4b3c-95a5-52e14082e179
  3. My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it: Xbox elite controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in 97adfc5f-e45b-4f81-a5ab-d7826d75c20d
  4. What does yellow/orange lights mean? Can it be fixed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does yellow/orange lights mean? Can it be fixed?: So recently I've been trying to use my old Xbox 360 for the memories and also because I'm really bored.. my controller was working but the day after it randomly stopped turning on while I was...
  5. How do I fix the orange light on my Xbox 360 AC power supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the orange light on my Xbox 360 AC power supply: How do I fix the orange light on my Xbox 360 AC power supply 8320572b-fb47-45a5-bd0b-0fa5d2c454b7
  6. Orange light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Orange light: I have the original Xbox, one with a steady orange light. It will not power on, but even when the power supply is not plugged into a wall, I cannot power it on. It makes no noise no lights come...
  7. Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset: Hi, Was turning on my headset and I could not hear anything but my friends could hear me so I restarted the headset but now it is just slow blinking orange and will not respond to anything but...
  8. how do i remove the orange triangle from my party chat on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how do i remove the orange triangle from my party chat on pc: on the party chat on game bar, there is an orange triangle with no text and my voice input only works when my game bar is open. ive tried so many way to fix it but none of them do anything....
  9. I really want to orange box to come back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I really want to orange box to come back: I love half-life but I had to sell my pc because I did t have enough money now I have an Xbox I would love to have the orange box come back so o can play half-life...
  10. How do i get the orange box in 2023?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i get the orange box in 2023?: I have seen people get the orange box from this link : https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Orange-Box/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541080f but when i have tried it, it kept reverting...