Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday

Discus and support Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; One thing about Christmas or Birthdays that always felt special was playing a brand new game on that day. I'm sure that everyone else used to enjoy... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Cerberus-276, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday

One thing about Christmas or Birthdays that always felt special was playing a brand new game on that day. I'm sure that everyone else used to enjoy getting the sensation of opening a present to get a disk they always wanted. I feel that with the digital generation, this moment is kind of lost and was wondering if Xbox/MS could implement a system where it would be applicable to send a gift for a person to recieve at a certain date. Obviously there are some peramaters that would need to be addressed such as

Option to send the recipent an email regarding their gift and date of opening or not sending one

If the recipetent buys the game themselves without knowing of the gift, the purchaser will be notified and refunded and given an option to choose another similar title

Personalised screens and messages can appear as the the user opens their virtual gift.

Not sure if people would be upto this idea but I feel it makes xmas and birthday gifts more special considering if you bought a game when it released for Preorder DLC then you could play it regardless of the occasion.

Can keep editing and updating this with others opinions and ideas as I feel it is something that is needed. Xbox already has the gift feature but it doesnt any options currently.

submitted by /u/Cerberus-276
    [link] [comments]

/u/Cerberus-276, Apr 26, 2024
  2. JERFF FACE Win User

So this game is like Christmas Morning...

Only Pre-order I have ever bought a collector's edition for. Only Pre-order I paid in full upfront MONTHS before release. Only game that may possibly cause my divorce and children hating me, haha! Only game I would think about buying twice, if it ever comes
    out on the Next Box. It's the game that will stop me from even buying the new console because I simply will have nothing to play on it comparable.

GTA is the reason I play video games.

VERY high expectations.
  3. BootstrapGolem Win User

halo games always have that effect on me...though i can get super obsessed about whatever the next big thing is, where i just have to absorb anything and everything about it. excited about gta 5 and looking forward to the 17th, but i'm not quite at that
    8 year old christmas morning feeling...strange also since this'll most likely be the last brand new title i buy this generation..
  4. King Budda 5150 Win User

Yeah I thought about that since I will be working nights that week and won't be able to play until that Friday.... But I've also got to save time for November... ;)
  5. zePainTrain818 Win User

GTA San Andreas and battlefield 3 were the last two games i was really excited waiting for a release.GTA5 is taking the cake tho.The GTA Online reveal has actually added to the agony even though i can't get enough watching it.=P
  6. I No Way I Win User

I spend my time playing Payday 2 doing heists is fun and it kills time as most missions take a min of 15mins, though you can do some missions in like 34 seconds if you got the right team to do the job.

King Budda use your vacation time for October 1 get some MP time in!
Thema:

Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday

1. Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday - Similar Threads - Option timelock games

2. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  3. State not in the options for Billing/Profile Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    State not in the options for Billing/Profile Address: I currently live somewhere in the NMI (Northern Mariana Islands), and the state is not shown as an option when I am required to make a profile/billing address to check out. This makes it...
  4. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  5. My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable: Update error 0x00000201 can somebody help me can't do an update after resetting my game and I can't do an offline update I'm connected to the internet but it still just doesn't work...
  6. upnp cant be fixed despite trying all options

in XBoX on Consoles
    upnp cant be fixed despite trying all options: Hi, I have an xbox one s and i have just moved in with a relative. ever since i had gotten my xbox set up here at my new residence ive had this problem where my internet says "upnp not succesful"...
  7. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  8. More screen size options then having it stretch

in XBoX Accessibility
    More screen size options then having it stretch: Please add support up too 3440x1440 or add bars eaa81d30-d9ce-4823-a09c-a7e0446e84fc
  9. No service option available for my series elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No service option available for my series elite controller: Having problems with joystick drift and it powers off unexpectedly so I tried to make a repair service it let's me choose full service then the next page says no service options available any help...
  10. There is no Discord option o Groups and Chat (and my account is already linked)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    There is no Discord option o Groups and Chat (and my account is already linked): https://discord.com/blog/xbox-voice-integration-announcement What is shown here simply doesn't exist in my Xbox Series S Dash What i have tried: - Unlinking the account and linking it again -...