Optical drive issues, advance replacement not available...

Discus and support Optical drive issues, advance replacement not available... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had my console since January 2014, and now I'm having some of the optical drive issues. Random crunching noises and it wont read the discs when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Noble Six Delta, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Optical drive issues, advance replacement not available...

I've had my console since January 2014, and now I'm having some of the optical drive issues. Random crunching noises and it wont read the discs when changing them. After 20 minutes of ejecting and reinserting, it might read it. I have the extended warrantee,
    and on the page listing the items covered, it shows that advance replacement is available, but when I try to go through the steps to have it done, it takes me to repair, and says advance replacement is not available? I have the warrantee through MS and have
    the receipt from Gamestop. Anyone else have this issue?, and ideas? I've already reset it, several times. Hard boot several times, and also did the troubleshooting where you disable the instant on feature.

:)

Noble Six Delta, Jun 16, 2015
  2. BookishFlunky90, Jun 16, 2015
  3. eatonpusey
    eatonpusey Guest
    unlocking xbox hard drive for pc use

So, I was given a non-working Xbox for free. After diagnosis, the optical (DVD) drive is bad. I am going to scrap the console, but I want to keep the hard drive as an external drive for the pc. Internet searches tell me that I need to unlock it. OK. I found lots of info on this, but most of it is written for people who "speak geek". I, unfortunately, do not. I followed two videos on Youtube, to no avail. I simply need to know how to do this, in plain English, please.

The Xbox is fully functional, save for reading or recognizing any discs. A replacement optical drive costs more than a functional Xbox in my location, so repair is out. I simply want to salvage what I can from this unit. The rest is going to the scrapyard.

Thanks in advance for helpful replies. BTW, I'm not what you would call "computer saavy". Thanks again.

eatonpusey, Jun 16, 2015
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Hi Noble Six Delta,

Sorry you're having issues with your console. If you are supposed to have an advanced replacement, and it's not an option, then you will need to contact support to assist you. Please see the link below.

Contact Support

Hordie, Jun 16, 2015
  5. Hordie Win User

Hi Noble Six Delta,

Sorry you're having issues with your console. If you are supposed to have an advanced replacement, and it's not an option, then you will need to contact support to assist you. Please see the link below.

Contact Support
  6. BookishFlunky90 Win User

XBox one S disc drive problems - and support sucks!

7. ZenKiller08 Win User

Xbox one discs wont launch.

Sounds like you have an issue with the optical drive in the unit. Since it's from 2014, I'm assuming it's an original Xbox One and more than likely out of warranty. Without taking apart the console to clean the drive, there are several optical disc drive
    cleaning discs on the market for around $10 USD. I just did a search and saw several options. Many of them have a little brush that attempts to clean the optical sensor on the drive. At this point this would be something to try, otherwise you will need to
    replace the optical drive or send the unit in for repair.
  8. ElectroFlying Win User

XBOX original 17th Anniversary Re-Release

As far as I am concerned all that really needs to happen is for an Optical drive manufacturer to do a quality direct replacement Optical drive. Heck, i'd even settle for a chinese knock off.
  9. Ox Demon x0 Win User

Finally broken.

I have sent THREE consoles to xbox for the optical drive grinding, they dont care they replace th drive then it breaks again.....
Thema:

1. Optical drive issues, advance replacement not available... - Similar Threads - Optical drive issues

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable. During playback, only a stereo signal is outputted. In the audio settings, there is no graphical surround...
  4. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical surround setup The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable....
  5. Why won't my new optical drive work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my new optical drive work?: I replaced my Xbox one's optical drive with a brand new one and installed the original daughter board into it, but it still won't read any discs, neither Xbox one nor 360....
  6. : Xbox One it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox One it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic: : (Mexico) Xbox One (All versions) it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic I’m not an expert with networking, but I would assume they’d be “compatible.” Either way, your console is connected...
  7. I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl

in XboX Networking Hardware
    I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl: I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl What kind of Fibre connection is this? its a UK FTTP connection then it will be contended. If its dedicated then you have an issue and need...
  8. DTS digital surround via optic

in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS digital surround via optic: Hi im having issues with my new xbox one x and my headset using dts digital suround through optical bitstream out, I had an original xbox one and had no problems and the suround sound on my...
  9. Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX): Hello Xbox support, I've posted this on Reddit already, but after a chat with Xbox support I'm posting this here. The reference from the chat was 1449985394: I just bought the Plantronics RIG...
  10. about the optic unit

in XBoX on Consoles
    about the optic unit: I need to know if the xboxone optic unit is afected when I insert a disc holding it for one second while the mechanism is trying to get the disc inside until the xbox try to pull it harder, it is...