OpenGL support on XBOX One or XBOX 360

Discus and support OpenGL support on XBOX One or XBOX 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am working on porting of existing C++ project, which has dependency on several open source libraries. Below is some of the open source libraries for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PlayedComb20320, Mar 19, 2015.

1. OpenGL support on XBOX One or XBOX 360

I am working on porting of existing C++ project, which has dependency on several open source libraries. Below is some of the open source libraries for reference:

1. OpenGL

2. libjpeg

3. libpng

4. OpenSSL

I am looking for answers of below listed questions:

1. Is OpenGL is supported on XBOX 360 or XBOX One ???

2. Is other open source libraries are readily available for use ??

3. Is there is any XBOX Simulator freely available to run ported application ?

:)

PlayedComb20320, Mar 19, 2015
  2. Concerned about performance

[quote user="IntenseJames"]

???

[/quote]Read my post above...

GTA V will be better on xbox no doubt

The PS3 uses OpenGL wrapper around its native AP, Xbox uses DirectX , OpenGL is ancient and crap compared to DirectX ,even the colors look worse

Same thing is going to happen with Ps4 , it using OpenGL again, Its missing MANY features from DirectX ,no wonder people are already saying how bad BattleField 4 looks on Ps4

DrGreenThumb NZ, Mar 19, 2015
  3. Dark destiny
    Dark destiny Guest
    interesting twist in the graphics/performance debate

Xbox uses DirectX, Sony only can use OpenGl buahaha

Dark destiny, Mar 19, 2015
  4. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

Why post this in a general discussion forum?? shouldn't you be at the ID@Xbox site .. if you post here thinking you will get help.. I am seriously afraid for your game

tohellnbak, Mar 25, 2015
  5. @ OP, You're definitely posting in the wrong section. Your post is just gonna fly over heads here. OpenGL support on XBOX One or XBOX 360 :)

Goth Vampirella, Oct 31, 2018
  6. tohellnbak Win User

Why post this in a general discussion forum?? shouldn't you be at the ID@Xbox site .. if you post here thinking you will get help.. I am seriously afraid for your game
  7. Goth Vampirella Win User

@ OP, You're definitely posting in the wrong section. Your post is just gonna fly over heads here. :)
  8. Vijayadithyan.N Win User

how do vulkan games like doom eternal run on xbox

9. Dark destiny Win User

interesting twist in the graphics/performance debate

Xbox uses DirectX, Sony only can use OpenGl buahaha
  10. DrGreenThumb NZ Win User

Concerned about performance

[quote user="IntenseJames"]

???

[/quote]Read my post above...

GTA V will be better on xbox no doubt

The PS3 uses OpenGL wrapper around its native AP, Xbox uses DirectX , OpenGL is ancient and crap compared to DirectX ,even the colors look worse

Same thing is going to happen with Ps4 , it using OpenGL again, Its missing MANY features from DirectX ,no wonder people are already saying how bad BattleField 4 looks on Ps4
Thema:

1. OpenGL support on XBOX One or XBOX 360 - Similar Threads - OpenGL support 360

2. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  3. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  4. How do I contact Xbox Microsoft support?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I contact Xbox Microsoft support?: I’ve been trying to get in contact with them all morning but their website when I’m signed in and select contact us they say their call feature is unavailable even though it’s well in the time for...
  5. Worst customer support ever

in XBoX on Consoles
    Worst customer support ever: I am trying to return an xbox series x under warranty. The online process is absolutely dreadful and just a continued loop of automated responses and no ability to actually speak to someone. Ive...
  6. minecraft openGL error 65542

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft openGL error 65542: minecraft openGL error 65542 idk what should i do 3ab409a1-b9ac-475a-941c-ba21fa3fb71a
  7. (minecraft) GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (minecraft) GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please...: Hi, I logged on to minecraft in the morning and everything was normal. but about 5 or so hours later I get on my pc and I got a BSOD, without reading it i held the power button to reset it and I...
  8. Minecraft OpenGL

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft OpenGL: When I try to open Minecraft it says "Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode" on older modes and "GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to...
  9. Minecraft Java launcher won't work on Windows 8.1, says driver isn't compatible with OpenGL

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java launcher won't work on Windows 8.1, says driver isn't compatible with OpenGL: Hello, I have recently reinstalled 8.1 and downloaded the Minecraft launcher but whenever I try to play, it tells me that my drivers aren't compatible with OpenGL. Can someone help me? Thanks!...
  10. No OpenGL context found in the current thread. on mine craft version 1.8.9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No OpenGL context found in the current thread. on mine craft version 1.8.9: No OpenGL context found in the current thread. on mine craft version 1.8.9 ***Moved from: Gaming on Windows 10*** b4e2cc65-9c21-4e4d-ad93-fe0356b92213