Open tray, wont play disc

Discus and support Open tray, wont play disc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I think many peolle with the xbox360 have the same problem, console not playing disk and the menu says "open tray". Mine does that also. The xbox360 is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SudsierCord017, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Open tray, wont play disc

I think many peolle with the xbox360 have the same problem, console not playing disk and the menu says "open tray". Mine does that also. The xbox360 is probably the worst design and the most amount of problems than any other gaming system. First off, the
    console sits vertically and its bound to get knocked over which in turn damages the disc and renders it useless. Goodbye $29 due to poor design or perhaps it was done on purpose so you would have to buy replacement games. And why this unit doesn't have wifi
    is beyond me. Was it really that hard to design the game with wifi, no it wasnt. It was very possible then to have included it with the console but engineers went the cheap route and left it out. Overall this gaming unit is a piece of crap. I dont think i
    will ever buy another microsoft anything.

:)

SudsierCord017, Apr 18, 2017
  2. zRFC
    zRFC Guest
    re

my xbox wont play games eveytime i put a disc in all it says is open tray everytime Open tray, wont play disc :(

3. Bouchard96
    Bouchard96 Guest
    Multiple Games Freezing

Now my disc tray wont even open....something is seriously wrong here.

Bouchard96, Apr 18, 2017
  4. Open tray, wont play disc

What Xbox 360 are you talking about?

As using the console in a vertical position is your own choice, I always have mine horizontal.

The original 360 did not have built in Wi-Fi but a plug in Wi-Fi adapter is available. Whereas the later S and E models had built in Wi-Fi.

Paraffin Alien, Apr 22, 2017
  5. Paraffin Alien Win User

What Xbox 360 are you talking about?

As using the console in a vertical position is your own choice, I always have mine horizontal.

The original 360 did not have built in Wi-Fi but a plug in Wi-Fi adapter is available. Whereas the later S and E models had built in Wi-Fi.
  6. Bouchard96 Win User

Multiple Games Freezing

Now my disc tray wont even open....something is seriously wrong here.
  7. natephishy Win User

Disc Tray wont open

Try smacking the xbox above the tray and pressing the open button at the same time. If it opens try to keep a disc in the tray before turning off then you wont have to smack it everytime.
  8. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

Disc Tray wont open

Something I forgot to mention in my previous post.

How to manually eject the disc tray on your xbox 360.

After you have done this make sure there are no obstructions, then attempt to open and close the tray in the normal way.

If the problem persists I would suggest giving support a ring.
  9. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

Disc Tray wont open

What tricks did you try?, removing the faceplate, opening the tray manually etc.
Thema:

1. Open tray, wont play disc - Similar Threads - Open tray wont

2. My Xbox 360 console tray keeps popping back open whether there’s a game in there or not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 console tray keeps popping back open whether there’s a game in there or not...: My Xbox 360 console CD track keeps opening back up whether I powered on or whether there’s a game in it or not cannot get it to close 4dce58ad-a9c6-46d8-9777-2469082be572
  3. Xbox360 will only play the original Halo, no other games start. I just get "open tray"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox360 will only play the original Halo, no other games start. I just get "open tray"...: So, I cannot load my og gamertag on my Xbox360. Although I can log in to it on the PC so I know the correct email address and password. I had made another account and this one works. So I log in...
  4. Forza Motorsport 4 showing open tray and not reading disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport 4 showing open tray and not reading disc: So today I just came across and bought a still sealed copy of forza Motorsport 4 for the Xbox 360, I’ve been having troubles with the copy I had and when I put the new unused disc in it didn’t...
  5. how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive: need to know if im able to purchase a new disc drive or would it accept a new drive a430265b-6961-4452-9bcc-b23772f3f2ba
  6. Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?: My Xbox 360 when I load disc it starts reading then says open tray, why won't the 360 read any disc? e28561b2-8542-43d3-8a7e-44455af5b8bd
  7. Disc tray wont open or close

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc tray wont open or close: I've had my xbox 360 6+ years. Disc tray wont open or close. And no audible motor when eject attempted. I've taken apart and dusted, rubber band replaced, and I'm desperate for another...
  8. Orig XBOX wont turn on, need to open tray??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Orig XBOX wont turn on, need to open tray??: My original XBOX wont power on. My kids need to get there disc out of the machine. Is there any way to open the tray without power, and without destroying the tray? We have another working XBOX...
  9. Xbox 360 Elite (120GB) Wont read disks! (Open Tray Error)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite (120GB) Wont read disks! (Open Tray Error): This is how it goes down... So, for the past couple of months now, my xbox is *** up. It started slowly in 2011 where it would take me min 2 minutes to read a disc. I just thought, maybe it's...
  10. "open tray error" and wont install + freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    "open tray error" and wont install + freezing: At this point I dont know what to say. I get a pre owned game and try to play. OF course i already knew id have to open and close the tray 50 million times like always. But when i start to play it...