Open ports and open Nat still can't join friend

Discus and support Open ports and open Nat still can't join friend in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This all started when my friend got a new router a few months back(same router netgear c6300bd). Since then we've only been able to play a select few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NinjaPuppy98, Feb 5, 2017.

1. NinjaPuppy98
    NinjaPuppy98 Guest

This all started when my friend got a new router a few months back(same router netgear c6300bd). Since then we've only been able to play a select few games such as the division, overwatch and halo 5, just to name a few. I've got the correct ports fowarded
    with an open Nat type, however I am still unable to join my friend unless someone else hosts or the servers that we play on are dedicated, any kind of help is appreciated.

:)

NinjaPuppy98, Feb 5, 2017
  2. DUB jacky
    DUB jacky Guest
    problems connecting with a friend

this a little bit strange.

a friend and i can't join each other, but we both have an open nat. and forwarded are ports

we can'tjoin in party's or in-game

DUB jacky, Feb 5, 2017
  3. MH785
    MH785 Guest
    Open NAT; Can't join friends game or chat

Hello,

Thank you for the reply and suggestions. I first set everything to automatic DHCP on my Xbox. The NAT tested as Open but we still could not chat or join.

I then tried port range forwarding and learned that enabling port 53 causes a DNS conflict and my internet fails. With all other ports open as outlined on portforward.com it again tested as an open NAT but still no joining or chatting.

Lastly I tried DMZ; same thing, Xbox reports open NAT but unable to join chat or games.

With all three set ups I get open NAT and can join random games.

Maybe this router is no worth the trouble?

MH785, Feb 5, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there NinjaPuppy98.

It sounds like the networking issue may be on your friend's side if this started occurring when they purchased a new router. Have you had them run through the networking steps that you've gone through?

Mister Maka, Feb 7, 2017
  5. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Make sure your friend doesn't run a router behind his Netgear c6300bd. This is a very common problem, when an ISP decide to migrate new networking equipment for their customers. Could be that your friend migrated from a standard modem, and with his/her own
    wireless router connected to the modem. But with their new setup, they're still connecting their old router, as if the c6300bd were a standard modem.

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there NinjaPuppy98.

It sounds like the networking issue may be on your friend's side if this started occurring when they purchased a new router. Have you had them run through the networking steps that you've gone through?
  7. taidara Win User

Make sure your friend doesn't run a router behind his Netgear c6300bd. This is a very common problem, when an ISP decide to migrate new networking equipment for their customers. Could be that your friend migrated from a standard modem, and with his/her own
    wireless router connected to the modem. But with their new setup, they're still connecting their old router, as if the c6300bd were a standard modem.
  8. MH785 Win User

Open NAT; Can't join friends game or chat

Hello,

Thank you for the reply and suggestions. I first set everything to automatic DHCP on my Xbox. The NAT tested as Open but we still could not chat or join.

I then tried port range forwarding and learned that enabling port 53 causes a DNS conflict and my internet fails. With all other ports open as outlined on portforward.com it again tested as an open NAT but still no joining or chatting.

Lastly I tried DMZ; same thing, Xbox reports open NAT but unable to join chat or games.

With all three set ups I get open NAT and can join random games.

Maybe this router is no worth the trouble?
  9. MrSilverFoxx Win User

Dying Light Co-op

I have the same issue. Error message is always 'Game session you have tried to join is no longer available.'

I have open NAT.

Ports are open and available

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)
    Story completion is 100% .

Game has been reloaded, reinstalled.

I have a second Xbox in our household. Techland's website suggests factory resetting and clearing cache. I performed those tasks on the second console as well and still does not work.

I can't join through the Quick Join menu to random people's games. I can't invite people to get into my games. And I can't join friend's games.

Session options in game say NAT is open, and that I have the settings set to Public.

There seems to be no issue on my end, especially considering there are plenty of threads with hundreds of comments and likes stating they have the same issues.
  10. Barbaric Banana Win User

Call of Duty Black ops 2; can't find public matches???

Same here. Can't join any games anymore. Ports are all open, firewall is off and I have OPEN NAT. I used to be able to join, but I think the most recent patch where they tried to improve network hosting in the game messed it up. Now i cant play unless my
    friends are on.
Thema:

1. Open ports and open Nat still can't join friend - Similar Threads - Open ports open

2. open wrt port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    open wrt port forwarding: Hello. When port forwarding on my Open wrt box, Do I have to have a different external port and internal port. is it 88 udp for both external port and internal port, or should I forward them to...
  3. How can I find out the port numbers I need to give to my isp to set my NAT Type to OPEN?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I find out the port numbers I need to give to my isp to set my NAT Type to OPEN?: What port numbers are used by your ISP to open ports for NAT Type? dfc65d17-18aa-4be5-8c94-2e06a194d15c
  4. Intermittent freezing despite port forwarding & open NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent freezing despite port forwarding & open NAT: Hope someone will be able to help here, as i've tried everything else! As a bit of background, I have an Xbox One (Living room) & an Xbox Series S (bedroom) in my apartment. My flatmate and I now...
  5. I need port forwarding if my ports already open on xbox one x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need port forwarding if my ports already open on xbox one x?: Upnp is off So i upgrade my internet from 1000 to 2000mbps and i got a new ont Optical Network Terminal and i checked in the settings and in multiple call of duty games and both says it's open...
  6. nat type not turning open even after port forward

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat type not turning open even after port forward: so i made the ipv6 from secured to open,upnp has been on,i port forwarded all 7 ports,under lan setup i put Address Reservation for the series x ip. and it is still no IPV6,no UPNP,nat moderate....
  7. How can I fixed teredo issue and also port 3544 not being open?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I fixed teredo issue and also port 3544 not being open?: Hi everyone I have an issue with ip adress and also with my port 3544 not being open anyone knows? 5f2c87db-87e4-452a-95cf-c1caadc95f3b
  8. I need help with port forwarding NAT is open but port 3544 seems blocked

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with port forwarding NAT is open but port 3544 seems blocked: After being unable to resolve, I removed port 3544 and am left with 88,3074,53,80,500,4500. What do I need to adjust to get port 3544 working properly? 03ce1b4c-eaab-4c60-bfc6-2d70fe519a57
  9. Hitron: Port Forwarding to get an Open NAT

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Hitron: Port Forwarding to get an Open NAT: Hitron (Modems/Gateways): Port Forwarding to get an Open NAT Hi there, Thanks for the quick reply. Go ahead and add all the ports you have listed those are the correct 7 ports that must be added...
  10. What port to get open nat type on cod

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What port to get open nat type on cod: what port for open nat type???? 1554f12d-590a-42a6-981b-95025e96da5a