Open NAT but still can't connect to other open NATs

Discus and support Open NAT but still can't connect to other open NATs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've recently been playing borderlands with my friend who also has an open NAT. Then last night when we tried to party up again we could not, we both... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JaydnBrown, Oct 17, 2014.

1. JaydnBrown
    JaydnBrown Guest

I've recently been playing borderlands with my friend who also has an open NAT. Then last night when we tried to party up again we could not, we both checked our NAT types and they were both open so it is not a problem with that. I have now got up this
    morning and tried with him again with the same results.

Is this an issue on Microsoft's side? Or are our Xbox's lying to us?

:)

JaydnBrown, Oct 17, 2014
  2. General.Mig
    General.Mig Guest
    Can't install the witcher 3 blood and wine dlc

I don't think NAT would impact your ability to download anything. That's more about being able to connect with others. But if your NAT is open, then the point is moot.

General.Mig, Oct 17, 2014
  3. kablasia
    kablasia Guest
    Xbox one says my nats open, but games says its not.

Yo I think I got the same problem, but with Fifa 14. Problem is I can't check the NAT type on there to see I have strict nat in-game. I got open nat on the dashboard and I have open pots and all that stuff. I even bought a new router and set it up and
    I still can't connect to other players.

kablasia, Oct 17, 2014
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Greetings Ankau!

There's no service alert up at the moment that would indicate what you and your friend are experiencing.

Appreciate if you can provide a bit more information, so that people trying to help you can have a better understanding of your situation.

Please read:
    forums.xbox.com/.../1821897.aspx
    And post back in full detail (scroll down of the questions in bold).

Also, try bring your friend to the forums and have he/she make a post in your thread with details regarding networking equipment, ISP, UPnP, multiple xbox's etc.

Thanks in advance!

taidara, Oct 17, 2014
  5. JaydnBrown
    JaydnBrown Guest
    Sorry for taking ages to fill this out, was not with my console for a while. I will try to get my friend to fill this out also Open NAT but still can't connect to other open NATs :)

What Country/State/Province do you live in? New Zealand

Modem brand & model number: Thompson TG585 v8

Router brand & model number: Thompson TG585 v8 (modem and router in one)

How many consoles do you have connected to this router? One

Wired or wireless (for each console): Wireless

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? No

Things you have tried: Restart, DMZ, Open ports, test connection

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? No error, Open

Any Error Codes you encounter: None

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Spark (new Telecom)

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:0000-0021

X: 0000-F001

Y: 20A8-48E0

Z: 0000-0000

ID: FFFF-FFFF

L: 0015 - 10F0

Q: 8007 - 0435

T: Wireless

D: 192.168.1.254, 122.56.237.1

S: WPA2

C: 1

JaydnBrown, Oct 17, 2014
  6. JaydnBrown
    JaydnBrown Guest
    I got my friend to fill out his information too Open NAT but still can't connect to other open NATs :)

Modem brand & model number: tp-link TD - 8840t

Router brand & model number: Linksys wrt1900ac

Wired or wireless (for each console): Wired

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? No

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? No errors

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Slingshot

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:0000-00B

X:0000-F001

Y:20A8-4840

Z:0000-0000

ID:FFFF-FFFF

L:0015-10F0

Q:8007-0435

T:wired

A:10.24.99.115/255.255.255.0

G:10.24.99.201

D:10.24.99.201/0.0.0.0

JaydnBrown, Oct 17, 2014
  7. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Thank you! This is valuable information.

[quote user="Ankau"]I got my friend to fill out his information too Open NAT but still can't connect to other open NATs :)

Router brand & model number: Linksys wrt1900ac[/quote]Can you ask your friend if their TP-Link TD-8840T is operating in bridge mode.

The TP-Link TD8840T is a combined xDSL modem with router/NAT built-in. So far so good, but since your friend also have an additional router/NAT (Linksys wrt1900ac) which terminates into an existing router/NAT (TP-Link TD-8840T), inbound/outbound traffic will
    be NAT'd twice. Multiple levels of NAT in a home environment should be avoided.

Keep us posted!

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  8. kablasia Win User

Xbox one says my nats open, but games says its not.

Yo I think I got the same problem, but with Fifa 14. Problem is I can't check the NAT type on there to see I have strict nat in-game. I got open nat on the dashboard and I have open pots and all that stuff. I even bought a new router and set it up and
    I still can't connect to other players.
  9. Ayee JuJu Win User

Can't connect to party chat/ can't hear friends in game chat

My NAT is open and I still can't connect or hear friends
  10. taidara Win User

Thank you! This is valuable information.

[quote user="Ankau"]I got my friend to fill out his information too :)

Router brand & model number: Linksys wrt1900ac[/quote]Can you ask your friend if their TP-Link TD-8840T is operating in bridge mode.

The TP-Link TD8840T is a combined xDSL modem with router/NAT built-in. So far so good, but since your friend also have an additional router/NAT (Linksys wrt1900ac) which terminates into an existing router/NAT (TP-Link TD-8840T), inbound/outbound traffic will
    be NAT'd twice. Multiple levels of NAT in a home environment should be avoided.

Keep us posted!
  11. JaydnBrown Win User

Sorry for taking ages to fill this out, was not with my console for a while. I will try to get my friend to fill this out also :)

Modem brand & model number: Thompson TG585 v8

Router brand & model number: Thompson TG585 v8 (modem and router in one)

Wired or wireless (for each console): Wireless

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? No error, Open

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Spark (new Telecom)

W:0000-0021

X: 0000-F001

Y: 20A8-48E0

Z: 0000-0000

ID: FFFF-FFFF

L: 0015 - 10F0

Q: 8007 - 0435

T: Wireless

D: 192.168.1.254, 122.56.237.1

S: WPA2

C: 1
  12. taidara Win User

Greetings Ankau!

There's no service alert up at the moment that would indicate what you and your friend are experiencing.

Appreciate if you can provide a bit more information, so that people trying to help you can have a better understanding of your situation.

Please read:
    forums.xbox.com/.../1821897.aspx
    And post back in full detail (scroll down of the questions in bold).

Also, try bring your friend to the forums and have he/she make a post in your thread with details regarding networking equipment, ISP, UPnP, multiple xbox's etc.

Thanks in advance!
Thema:

1. Open NAT but still can't connect to other open NATs - Similar Threads - Open NAT still

2. My network is good and nat type is open but i still have matchmaking issues in fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    My network is good and nat type is open but i still have matchmaking issues in fortnite: While Launching a game of fortnite of any creative map or any mode It gives me network errors I tested everything and its all good I need help a4bbe4d8-e7d1-4269-8327-7960837af66a
  3. NAT OPEN but, the Server Connectivity is still blocked...

in XBoX on Windows
    NAT OPEN but, the Server Connectivity is still blocked...: [img] Help? Someone? ea54d800-dda2-4a8f-bff6-a9f38e80f637
  4. Saying i have open nat type but still lag out of every game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saying i have open nat type but still lag out of every game: I have an open NAT type and also when i test multiplayer connections it says there is no problem, but i lag out of every single multi player game someone help please...
  5. Saying i have open nat type but still lag out of every game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saying i have open nat type but still lag out of every game: I have an open NAT type and also when i test multiplayer connections it says there is no problem, but i lag out of every single multi player game someone help please...
  6. Nat type is open, still getting MASSIVE lag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type is open, still getting MASSIVE lag: So this has been happening recently. My bad type is open but I would still get massive amount of lag in the games I play. My sister also has an Xbox one but she gets no lag at all. Yet I get all...
  7. Open ports and open Nat still can't join friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open ports and open Nat still can't join friend: This all started when my friend got a new router a few months back(same router netgear c6300bd). Since then we've only been able to play a select few games such as the division, overwatch and halo...
  8. Open NAT but still can't join other players games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open NAT but still can't join other players games.: Open NAT but still can't join other players games. Went thru every setting XBOX suggested on my gateway (Motorolla SBG 6580) including UPnP enabling, but still can't join other's games, also when...
  9. Nat Type: Open-but still got SERVICE INFO IS UNAVAILABLE... PLEASE HELP!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat Type: Open-but still got SERVICE INFO IS UNAVAILABLE... PLEASE HELP!!!!: hi all... Been trying, reading, investigating, everything!!! From time to time i got the famouse SERVICE INFO IS UNAVAILABLE. Try disconecting from wireless and then when i put it on again says...
  10. NAT open but still getting 'your network is behind a cone NAT'

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT open but still getting 'your network is behind a cone NAT': Have looked all over the internet for a fix for this stupid error and no one actually seems to have one my brothers xbox gets this message yet i can play fine playing from the same modem im with...