Onscreen keyboard wont type letter a and usb keyboard doesnt type

Discus and support Onscreen keyboard wont type letter a and usb keyboard doesnt type in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all my xbox with the onscreen keyboard refuses to type the letter q a and z and if i typebefore it and select a it highlights the text like if you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by derpycorgi, Nov 25, 2017.

1. derpycorgi
    derpycorgi Guest

Hey all my xbox with the onscreen keyboard refuses to type the letter q a and z and if i typebefore it and select a it highlights the text like if you were to click and drag over text on a laptop, also my usb keyboard will manuever around tje dashboard and
    apps fine but wont type

:)

derpycorgi, Nov 25, 2017
  2. MsCherryx
    MsCherryx Guest
    Xbox One Keyboard wont type

Hi, in a few apps (netflix, edge, internet browser pro) and even searching for movies in the store, im not able to type anything using the on screen keyboard with the xbox controller. I had a apple keyboard plugged into the usb to use symbols like @ which
    are not present on the on screen keyboard all the time which was working fine but now they’ve both stopped responding. On the controller I can press A to select apps and navigate but it will not let me select anything on the onscreen keyboard.

MsCherryx, Nov 25, 2017
  3. jwilson25
    jwilson25 Guest
    Xbox ONE keyboard and mouse compatibility

If you have a smartphone or tablet, use the Smart Glass App, it pops up your regular keyboard onscreen and you can type stuff in super quick.

jwilson25, Nov 25, 2017
  4. Internet Expert Win User

How do I set my senitivity for my xbox controller

At least for standard Xbox controllers, there's no way to adjust sensitivity on the joysticks.

If you're having trouble selecting letters on the onscreen keyboard for typing out messages, you can use the D-pad on the controller, which I personally find easier for menu/keyboard input.

Alternatively, you can download the free Xbox app to your smartphone (iOS/Android)
    and connect it to your Xbox One through Wifi. When the onscreen keyboard appears on your Xbox, the app will let you use the smartphone keyboard as input.
  5. DaFish00 Win User

Youtube??

I dont have that chatpad keyboard. Can I just plug in my USB keyboard into the USB slot on the back? Will that work for typing?
  6. ngocphi Win User

No keyboard

you can use a usb keyboard

rather then the onscreen one
  7. jwilson25 Win User

Xbox ONE keyboard and mouse compatibility

If you have a smartphone or tablet, use the Smart Glass App, it pops up your regular keyboard onscreen and you can type stuff in super quick.
  8. bowski477 Win User

Compatible Keyboards

Any usb keyboard should function on the Xbox One. Are you trying to play a game using the keyboard/mouse or just for typing?
Thema:

1. Onscreen keyboard wont type letter a and usb keyboard doesnt type - Similar Threads - Onscreen keyboard wont

2. how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????: hi, i have an xbox series S and the on screen keyboard keeps on sticking to the first word in word suggestions, i can search nor log in to my accounts in those games, i tried to search online for...
  3. Disable onscreen keyboard

in XBoX on Windows
    Disable onscreen keyboard: I’m using keyboard and mouse with Microsoft Edge, and the onscreen keyboard gets annoying. How can I disable it? c2ee4ca9-5a9d-414c-a806-3887ca8b05fc
  4. Is there any way to disable the onscreen keyboard on my xbox series s?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way to disable the onscreen keyboard on my xbox series s?: I primarily play games with a keyboard and mouse, so it’s really annoying to have a massive text box pop up on my screen when I try to type something. This is especially annoying with Minecraft...
  5. How do I disable the onscreen keyboard that appears when I try to browse on the microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I disable the onscreen keyboard that appears when I try to browse on the microsoft...: Whenever I try browse through the microsoft edge app an onscreen keyboard appears. This is highly inconvenient and it highly gets in the way of my browsing. I seem to not find any options to...
  6. How do I disable the onscreen keyboard on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I disable the onscreen keyboard on xbox?: I can't turn off my on screen keyboard, every click opens the keyboard and I manually have to close it either with my remote or by pressing the windows key and then escape. I can't connect the...
  7. Xbox onscreen keyboard

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox onscreen keyboard: How do i adjust or move the xbox onscreen keyboard because when i play minecraft it blocks the commands 8d8e8553-3ba1-4ef5-baa8-f044fd72b432
  8. Xbox Series S|X (disable onscreen keyboard)?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S|X (disable onscreen keyboard)?: Will there ever be a way to disable the on screen keyboard? It constantly gets in the way and blocks me from interacting with many standard web features. 12cc2c44-d1ba-45f0-ae5e-14e9df15257b
  9. Onscreen keyboard pops up when controller turned off

in XboX Insiders
    Onscreen keyboard pops up when controller turned off: Hi everyone, Recently I had to switch Hulu accounts on my Xbox One. I use the Hulu app a lot on there. Suddenly now whenever I am using it and turn my controller off (once I pick a show) the...
  10. Onscreen keyboard doesn't appear. Can't report problem with keyboard without keyboard

in XboX Insiders
    Onscreen keyboard doesn't appear. Can't report problem with keyboard without keyboard: [IMG] submitted by /u/major-riot [link] [comments]