Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

Discus and support Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PJ MCDADE, Apr 10, 2024.

1. PJ MCDADE
    PJ MCDADE Guest

Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x

:)

PJ MCDADE, Apr 10, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard

Hi, PJ! Thank you for the update.

That's great! I'm glad a power cycle fixed it.

If everything's working fine now and you don't have any further questions, have a lovely day/night, and happy gaming. Please don't hesitate to reach out to these forums if you ever need assistance.

Best regards.
  3. PJ MCDADE Win User

Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard

Unplugging the power cable for 5 mins fixed this
  4. - AJ - Win User

Hi, PJ! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following questions.

- Besides the TV, do you have any external devices or storage units plugged into your console?
    - Once inside a game, are controllers working correctly?
    - Are these wired or wireless controllers?
    - Have you already done some troubleshooting on your own? if so, may I ask what you've tried so far?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  5. Ethan Bohn Win User

My Xbox avatar is glitches with someone else's avatar on my profile

I log into my account for a few seconds all my controller buttons work then they quit working and the game or home screen that I'm on will start bouncing or shaking. I've used different controllers and different Xbox consoles and it still happens.
  6. Alex Tseitlin Win User

Fortnite Xbox s buttons flicker and not working

The buttons start working for a 1 sec if I click the home button on the controller and then get back to the game. But it only works for a sec. Then I have to do it again.
Thema:

1. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game... - Similar Threads - home button works

2. My Xbox home button does not work anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox home button does not work anymore: I ordered one of those black and gold Xbox series controllers when they first released and from day one. I had issues with it at first the home button led would flicker when I was playing a game....
  3. A button not working on Home screen/Guide

in XboX Insiders
    A button not working on Home screen/Guide: Just started happening a few days ago, randomly my A button won't do anything, works in apps and in games but won't work on the Home screen or the guide (friends list, party, etc.). On screen when...
  4. My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...: I tried everything like resetting my console and unplugging it but nothing works 8c9e7e91-d0e3-4051-b1f8-62d163855ebf
  5. Xbox One home button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One home button not working: Screen fades a bit but resumes brightness. The menu will not open. This is preventing me from playing multiplayer games giving me a profile failed to load error message. I have taken the following...
  6. My Home button(The big X) won’t work at All.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Home button(The big X) won’t work at All.: Hello, My problem is regarding my Xbox elite series two controller. My problem is I splilled a little drink on it and it didn’t work at all for a bit, now it works when I plugged it in. The...
  7. Xbox series S only home button working on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S only home button working on controller: Basically what the title says. I have an xbox series S, with the series S controller. It first started with the problem of the controller not syncing with the battery packs (instead of double As,...
  8. home button only one working on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    home button only one working on controller: The only button working on my xbox one controller is the home button. c83b9c9e-6edf-46c1-9049-1c418eac78ed
  9. Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or...: The Home Button of my Xbox One S is not working properly. When pressed, it wouldn't pull up the guide or menu. Also, my Xbox system settings was not responding (as such, I'm not able to change...
  10. Why does only the home button work?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does only the home button work?: I’ve reset and updated my controller but only the home button and joysticks work. It’s connected and it has a fully charged battery. The USB cord doesn’t help either. It will randomly disconnect...