Only surround sound from games?

Discus and support Only surround sound from games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I am really hoping to find some help as it just took me a few weeks to rewire my HT for the xbox one. I am now running my xbox one to my Denon... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tenhours, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Tenhours
    Tenhours Guest

Hello!

I am really hoping to find some help as it just took me a few weeks to rewire my HT for the xbox one.

I am now running my xbox one to my Denon 2312 recevier to my videoprojector all through high speed hdmi.

I am getting perfect video but ally my games and blu rays are playing audio only through my 2 front channels...center speaker and surrounds are mute. I've tried it on my old bluray player and it works perfectly. I went to ausdio setting on the xbox and tried
    5.1 uncompressed and compressed but still nothing.

I know there is a similar problem with tv/cable passthrough where you should check the beta version of the system, but here i'm talking about games and blurays played directly from the xbox. Can someone please help me out? Is there something i'm doing wrong?
    Do i really need to pass an optical cable too? I'm going nuts here trying to figure out what's wrong!

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Andrew

:)

Tenhours, Jan 7, 2014
  2. Still only getting stereo even with straight HDMI.

This should answer you from Xbox One support website :

Digital surround with TV on Xbox One

Support for digital surround sound from your cable or satellite box is currently available as a beta. By default, only stereo sound will be received.

Follow these steps to enable digital surround sound:

1.From Home, say “Xbox, go to Settings” or select the Settings tile from My games & apps.

2.Select TV & OneGuide.

3.Select Troubleshooting.

4.Select the Surround Sound (BETA) option.

Note Your Xbox One can produce digital surround sound for games and Blu-ray or DVD movies. Only the digital audio pass-through from your cable or satellite box is in beta.

PaulusAemilius, Jan 7, 2014
  3. tonydeadx
    tonydeadx Guest
    HDMI Audio Setting

Surround sound is only currently available from a DVD or Blue Ray. The Xbox One will not pass your cable surround sound through to your home theater receiver, it will only be stereo. There is a beta for this:

Settings

My Games & Apps

TV & One guide

Trouble Shooting

Surround Sound Beta

Hard to believe isn't it?

tonydeadx, Jan 7, 2014
  4. Tenhours
    Tenhours Guest

Wrong title...i meant only STEREO SOUND...how do i edit this thread...?

Tenhours, Jan 8, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: