Only newer IPv6 capable modems work with party chat please fix

Discus and support Only newer IPv6 capable modems work with party chat please fix in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; You can't get a teredo IP address with the 3800hgv-b 2wire modem uverse uses, as well as any other older modem, so can you convince the companies to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MaraJadeSkywlkr, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Only newer IPv6 capable modems work with party chat please fix

You can't get a teredo IP address with the 3800hgv-b 2wire modem uverse uses, as well as any other older modem, so can you convince the companies to upgrade or create a workaround from your end please?

:)

MaraJadeSkywlkr, Apr 15, 2014
  2. xSovietx 317
    xSovietx 317 Guest
    XBox one party chat unavaliable

Party chat does not work nat is not correcting using skype atm. Fix party chat please.

xSovietx 317, Apr 15, 2014
  3. Gary_094_024
    Gary_094_024 Guest
    2 Xbox ones with open nat not possible?

I had the same problem with two xbox ones in my house, I would also lose connection daily. Enabling Ipv6 has been the only solution I'v found, both consoles now have open nats and I haven't been signed out yet. I guess if you could get another provider that
    supports ipv6 would be your only solution.

Gary_094_024, Apr 15, 2014
  4. Only newer IPv6 capable modems work with party chat please fix

A few things just for the info:

1. IPv6 roll out on the user end for uverse is at a hault due to a security issue.

2. Toredo is a IPv6 tunneling service (to be used as a last resort for IPv6 also) and ATT has tunneling services blocked due to the security issue. Toredo service will also start shutting down in stages later this year.

3. Some people will have to get new networking equipment to use native IPv6.

4. IPv6 is not needed to use Xbox live!!!!!! Having full native IPv6 is just personal preference at this point. IPv6 and IPv4 will continue to exist together for years.

5. Transitioning everything over to IPv6 is going to take time. We just have to be patient.

Da Wife Said No, Apr 17, 2014
  5. It's needed for to use party chat on the xbox one

MaraJadeSkywlkr, Apr 17, 2014
  6. I second what Da Wife said about IPV6, it is not needed for party chat on the X1. The real question here is, what kind of issues are you having that you cannot use party chat.

Check the reviews of the equipment you have.

Are you able to play online at all without this last gap effort to have IPV6 address? If then your issue with not be able to use party chat may lay elsewhere. You may need to change settings within the 2 wire to be able to hear
    people. Or from my experience as a tech for Time Warner(if possible), toss all your U-verse equipment back at ATT and talk to your local cable broadband provider.

After that, request only Motorola equipment for your modem. Or go out and invest in your own(which will save money in the long run) modem and router. Or get an all-in-one, router/modem.

AdamDietterick, Apr 18, 2014
  7. The only thing I cannot do is use party chat

MaraJadeSkywlkr, Apr 26, 2014
  8. Only newer IPv6 capable modems work with party chat please fix

AdamDietterick, Oct 31, 2018
  9. AdamDietterick Win User

I second what Da Wife said about IPV6, it is not needed for party chat on the X1. The real question here is, what kind of issues are you having that you cannot use party chat.

Check the reviews of the equipment you have.

Are you able to play online at all without this last gap effort to have IPV6 address? If then your issue with not be able to use party chat may lay elsewhere. You may need to change settings within the 2 wire to be able to hear
    people. Or from my experience as a tech for Time Warner(if possible), toss all your U-verse equipment back at ATT and talk to your local cable broadband provider.

After that, request only Motorola equipment for your modem. Or go out and invest in your own(which will save money in the long run) modem and router. Or get an all-in-one, router/modem.
  10. MaraJadeSkywlkr Win User

It's needed for to use party chat on the xbox one
  11. Da Wife Said No Win User

A few things just for the info:

1. IPv6 roll out on the user end for uverse is at a hault due to a security issue.

2. Toredo is a IPv6 tunneling service (to be used as a last resort for IPv6 also) and ATT has tunneling services blocked due to the security issue. Toredo service will also start shutting down in stages later this year.

3. Some people will have to get new networking equipment to use native IPv6.

4. IPv6 is not needed to use Xbox live!!!!!! Having full native IPv6 is just personal preference at this point. IPv6 and IPv4 will continue to exist together for years.

5. Transitioning everything over to IPv6 is going to take time. We just have to be patient.
  12. MaraJadeSkywlkr Win User

The only thing I cannot do is use party chat
  13. AdamDietterick Win User

Thema:

1. Only newer IPv6 capable modems work with party chat please fix - Similar Threads - newer IPv6 capable

2. Xbox one x stuck with newer de flight OS, solution?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one x stuck with newer de flight OS, solution?: Hi, My Xbox one X no longer wants to boot to mainscreen... Stuck on 26016.1002.amd64fre.rs_cbox_dev_flight.231211.2030, which is OS 10.0.26016.1002 Official one released now is...
  3. DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.: Hello there, I have a problem where DirectX is messing with all of my games and now I can't play them. Everytime I tried to launch a game it give me this error : LowLevelFatal Error [File:...
  4. Can I get original xbox games to work on newer consoles such as "Toejam & Earl", Burnout 3...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get original xbox games to work on newer consoles such as "Toejam & Earl", Burnout 3...: I'd like to play some original games that I had alot of fun playing and now I'd like to play them with my daughter but can't get them to work. Couple that I really want to play are Toejam and...
  5. How to join xbox 360 private chat from newer xbox or pc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to join xbox 360 private chat from newer xbox or pc?: I recently started using my xbox 360 S again and because I do not have xbox live gold, I cannot join parties, so how do newer consoles or PC players join my private chat or how do i join their...
  6. the newer ui update is now clutterd with MS store rubbish

in XBoX on Consoles
    the newer ui update is now clutterd with MS store rubbish: when we got a bigger update after 3 years we got a lazy change a with refreshed home screen with junk i dont want at the bottom. i see fortnite and i see game pass and i see spotify that i hate....
  7. Will the adaptive controller work with the newer X box series like the S ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will the adaptive controller work with the newer X box series like the S ?: Will the X-box adaptive controller work with any of the newer X box? Like the S. The website says X-box one but I would like to know if it can work with a newer model than that....
  8. Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox...: Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox series x. I tried resetting it, even a factory reset and no joy. I purchased the new release series s for...
  9. Newer PC build hard freezing don't know what to narrow it down to?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Newer PC build hard freezing don't know what to narrow it down to?: Asus Rog Maximus Z790 Hero intel-i9 13600kf Gigabyte 4090 AERO 24gb Corsair RM1000x 2 Team Group T-force Delta 16GB DDR5 Ram sticks 2 980 Pro SSD NVMe Been having this weird issue with...
  10. Mw3 not working on consoles newer than Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mw3 not working on consoles newer than Xbox 360: I just bought mw3 since the community is back playing call of duty games however when I want to play any game in multilayer it asks that I should buy or download DLC content. The issue is that I...