Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do

Discus and support Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I love Xbox bey my headset chat mixer is grayed out only 3fe17a38-b06b-46c7-9a50-24289146c1fb Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kodeAIRL, Apr 13, 2024.

1. kodeAIRL
    kodeAIRL Guest

I love Xbox bey my headset chat mixer is grayed out only

:)

kodeAIRL, Apr 13, 2024
  2. XBF Meryem R Win User

Headset chat mixer grayed out

Hello @Cbagel10, I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, please make sure to follow the following steps in order to fix your issue.

Please follow the the instructions on both links first:

Choosing speaker audio settings on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

The next step will be for you to try and perform a power cycle to your console by pressing down the power button on your console for 10 seconds until you make sure it is off. After that please unplug the power cable and wait for 10-15 seconds, then plug it back and switch your console on.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Francia J. Win User

my xbox headset chat mixer is grayed out what can i do

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

In order for us to isolate the issue further, do you have a different controller that we can try to use?

Also, please perform the steps accordingly:

"1. Unplug your headset

2. Perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below:

​​​

A. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

B. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

3. Carefully plug in the headset to your controller".
  4. Frathos Win User

headsets not working after last update Xbox one

Are you plugging your headset into your controller? If so then have you checked the console Chat Mixer settings to see if it has been set to 100% Game Audio? The newer Dashboard has the Chat Mixer at the bottom of the Xbox nexus Home tab (bottom right speaker
    icon). If you see the Headset Chat Mixer slider is all the way to one side (eg Game) then move it towards the other side. Normally it would be at 50/50 mark.

If you have an older Dashboard then you'll have to look for the tab that includes the Chat or Audio setting (sorry, I don't recall whether everyone has been updated to the newer Dashboard style yet) and check/change the adjustments there.

If you have a wireless headset (eg Astro A50 series) then the Chat Mixer setting is adjusted on the headset itself. I'm guessing you don't have this type headset though as the Chat Mixer setting usually resets back to the middle (50% Game, 50% Chat) every
    time the console is restarted. Note that when an Astro A50 series is connected, the console Chat Mixer settings are grayed out since you have to make the adjustments on the headset itself.

Good luck!
  5. xMiracleWorkAx Win User

headset chat mixer

Can you supply me with more info ?

What do you mean you can't "move" the chat mixer?

Is the slider grayed out?

If it is you can try putting the headset cord in slowly, and I mean very slowly. If you do it right, you should hear static as it's going in, then it will let you adjust it. Hope this helps!
  6. Jake Heinaman Win User

Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

Thank you for the reply but I am still unable to use my headset. Although you said something about making sure Headset Chat Mixer is not off, and I cannot find an option with said description. Could you provide where in the settings this is at?
Thema:

1. Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do - Similar Threads - headset chat mixer

2. Headset chat mixer forcing party priority

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer forcing party priority: When I’m on my home or playing a game my game audio is not on, and when I check my audio settings it shows the bar for the mixer grayed out and all the way for party chat. I’ve tried restarting my...
  3. How do i fix my headset chat mixer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my headset chat mixer?: It’s greyed out and stuck on the right. I’ve reset my console, updated my console, updated my controller, unplugged and plugged my headset back in but nothing is working, Does anyone know how to...
  4. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio: The chat mixer is stuck to where i can only hear party audio and not game audio and i can change it because it’s greyed out. What do i do to fix it 543c397f-4ddd-4406-810f-50b5980e3283
  5. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and won’t let me change it 253dff7a-59b2-4900-b78c-eb3af230f1be
  6. I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...: I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is all the way to the right (chat) and I cant change it. 0d0e852e-3d8f-4c9c-8c0c-15a35d510004
  7. my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...

in XBoX on Windows
    my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...: headset chat mixed not working a7cea632-3764-4dba-b8c0-97751ed0576b
  8. headset chat mixer still greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset chat mixer still greyed out?: ive tried every thing in the book to make the mixer turn on ive tried updating my controller with it plugged in, ive tried slowly putting it in and ive also tried to hard reset my xbox yet it...
  9. Gray chat mixer on wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gray chat mixer on wireless headset: I am having issues with my chat mixer, i have a xbox wireless headset and my chat mixer won’t work. I try to twist the things on the side of the head set and it wont work, my controllers are all...
  10. The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s: Chat headset is grayed out on my xbox and I tried to update my controller but didn't resolve my issue. 38192de7-c3ad-433a-8501-995be67b27de