Only 780GB of 1TB Available - Brand New System

Discus and support Only 780GB of 1TB Available - Brand New System in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; New system: 1TB Hard Drive, Available space after initial start up: 780GB I understand that there will always be a portion of the hard drive dedicated... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Velric, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Velric
    Velric Guest

New system: 1TB Hard Drive, Available space after initial start up: 780GB

I understand that there will always be a portion of the hard drive dedicated to system files but my new Call of Duty edition Xbox One currently has 220GBs sectioned off. That is nearly 25% of the potential storage capacity of the 1TB hard drive. That is a grossly
    excessive amount to section off and borders greatly on being deceptive.

:)

Velric, Nov 3, 2014
  2. gazfc
    gazfc Guest
    375 GBs of HDD space

@ma71lda

I've just got an 1tb, it had I think 780gb free space without anything on it, shocking

gazfc, Nov 3, 2014
  3. Xbox one edition halo 5

I am outraged because bought a xbox one edition Halo 5 here in Brazil in Store microsoft paid him R $ 2,899.00 with HD 1TB however to connect the system saw the HD brand only 780,9GB is very theft, have a HD external 1TB 931,5GB brand that was pro HD internal
    dial the same overpaid on the island to be 1TB and not get 1TB'm feeling robbed

xXKobK SkiterXx, Nov 3, 2014
  4. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

It save for updates. Just like the PC. You never able used all the HDD space for yourself. It save spot for very importing files for the device's to work. It a 1TB HDD. But use some for futuer updates and OS.

Dakrkplayer2, Nov 3, 2014
  5. welsalex
    welsalex Guest
    I have to say though... 200GB operating system is pretty ridiculous

welsalex, Nov 3, 2014
  6. PeteCIS-10849CC1-C014-4C1C-901B-30E4B078E5D9, Nov 3, 2014
  7. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest
    Just like a PC. You not allowed to used the whole thing. It save for update for os as well as the OS. You need to remember that a console OS had no grafthical interface at all. Try truning on a NES without a cart. It will have no menu opions at all. And
    back then the OS can be store on a chip. And not on a HDD. And back then. The OS was never updatable. So you need to learn gaming history to know how this is. Also the 360 HDD did the same too. So it not a one thing. It also a PS4 and PS3 thing to. If you
    ever thinking jump ship. It even a MAC and LINUX thing too.If you think WINDOW's. And all smartphone's do the same too. It every thing that have CPU those days with memory storaged save parts for the OS and updates.

Dakrkplayer2, Nov 4, 2014
  8. Velric
    Velric Guest

I'd still like an official response to my question. Having 25% of my hard drive as inaccessible is blatant false advertising.

Velric, Nov 11, 2014
  9. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest
    That is offical statment. The OS is in the hard drive and save space for updates. You never used the whole HDD on other computing devices ever. Because it store on the hard drive and not on a chip. When it save on a chip. There be no space for update and
    new featuer to the system. Trun on a NES without a game. And see what you get. What is nothing. And be that way when last one get fried. But XBOX 360 the OS is found on a flash drive. But take space from the HDD for updates. XBOX ONE it on HDD and not a flash
    drive. That why you get 25% less. Go the 360 system opion and go to memory. And select HDD. And go to system updates. It will give you idea how XBOX ONE.

Dakrkplayer2, Nov 12, 2014
  10. AJayRisen
    AJayRisen Guest
    Just turned on my new Xbox One and went to system storage and was ticked when I saw a quarter of the space gone without ANYTHING installed yet. Shameful.

AJayRisen, Sep 10, 2015
  11. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey AJayRisen,

Since this is an older thread, please be sure to post a new thread if you have any Xbox support questions in the future. Thanks!

Mister Beep, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hd xbox one 780gb

2. why only 780gb free of 1tb xbox one x

3. dd 1tb xbox one s 780 gb

4. 780 gb xbox one s