Only 2.0 Audio when using Audio Return Channel (ARC) via HDMI

Discus and support Only 2.0 Audio when using Audio Return Channel (ARC) via HDMI in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have seen plenty about Optical only being able to pass 2.0 but it seems the same goes for HDMI audio via the Audio Return Channel (ARC) system.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShinigamiRuss, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Only 2.0 Audio when using Audio Return Channel (ARC) via HDMI

Hi,

I have seen plenty about Optical only being able to pass 2.0 but it seems the same goes for HDMI audio via the Audio Return Channel (ARC) system.

I am using the following devices:

TV: Sony KDL-55W905

AV Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR626

I have my XBOX One connected to my TV via HDMI 3, I have my TV connected to my AV Receiver via HDMI 1 going from the ARC supported HDMI 1 port on the TV to the ARC supported HDMI port on the AV Receiver.

With this configuration I am only getting PCM 2.0 audio passed to my AV Receiver. However if I connect my XBOX 360 to the same HDMI 3 port on the TV replacing the XBOX One I do get full 5.1 passed to the AV Receiver. This rules out the TV or the AV Receiver
    as being the root cause as the only thing changing is the audio source.

Just for clarification if I connect the XBOX One directly to my AV Receiver I do also get full 5.1, it's only when ARC is involved that it drops to 2.0.

(If anyone is wondering why I am not just using it through the receiver it's due to the XBOX One not correctly identifying itself as Full RGB colour space to the TV automatically, so I have to set the TV up for Full RGB manually and in doing so it causes
    issues with other video sources, so to get around it I am leaving everything else going through the receiver on HDMI 1 and just putting the XBOX One through HDMI3 directly which can be configured independently picture wise, however this lead me to discover
    the audio issue above)

Is this audio issue (and the Full RGB reporting) something that is being addressed?

Thanks

Russ

:)

ShinigamiRuss, Jan 17, 2014
  2. BrunoJuliao6
    BrunoJuliao6 Guest

Is ARC still not working? I'm trying some configurations but none worked so far...

:/

BrunoJuliao6, Jan 17, 2014
  3. Only 2.0 Audio when using Audio Return Channel (ARC) via HDMI

Microsoft support has confirmed that ARC is not yet fully implemented and supported but is being worked on to bring it in line with the 360.

ShinigamiRuss, Jan 17, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: