Online and multiplayer not working in Terraria.

Discus and support Online and multiplayer not working in Terraria. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I was going to play Terraria with my friends today and when they invited me to join an "online multiplayer game" a pop up came up that says "To... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by November Oxier-Mori, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Online and multiplayer not working in Terraria.

Hello!

I was going to play Terraria with my friends today and when they invited me to join an "online multiplayer game" a pop up came up that says "To do this, change a setting. You cannot do this because of how your account is set up. Your parent can customize your Xbox privacy settings in your profile in settings> family setting> manage family members."

I do have an Xbox child account regarding my age, 17. But, I have full access to changing any of the family settings. I have put everything I was able to on unrestricted and nothing has changed. I also have done the steps it says in the pop up and still nothing.

I have also just tried to press "multiplayer" on the terraria home screen and the same pop up comes up.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

:)

November Oxier-Mori, Jan 15, 2023
  2. November Oxier-Mori Win User

Thank you so much!

This has helped tremendously. I used the adult account to change the family settings on the mircosoft website and it did indeed work!

I was having problems in the beginning with the emails but that was my fault.

Thank you again for your help. :)

3. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Kindly change your Privacy Settings at https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Profile?xr=mebar... but if you're being redirected to a Support page whenever you click on your Privacy Settings page, it means the system is detecting that you're using a child account so you need to use an adult (organizer) account from your Family Group to change your Privacy Settings.

Make sure that all settings under the Privacy tab and Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety are set to "Allow" or "Everyone". It should be like the screenshot below.

Also, make sure to set these settings to "Allow" or "Everyone".

- You can see and upload community creations

- You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text

- Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites

Additionally, if you're playing on an Xbox console, make sure you have an active Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass Ultimate.

- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Account > Subscriptions.

[​IMG]
  4. RentalScroll88 Win User

Split screen sound issue (major title 14 update bug)

I have found two instances now that multiplayer has had errors like this- The one you are describing and one in Terraria. In Terraria the second, third, or fourth player COULD NOT JOIN until you went online and signed them in (online) or signed a Guest in,
    quit, then went back on the world (offline).

These instances BOTH involved major updates to the games and may have something to do with Xbox 360 Programming.
  5. LOWxONxHealth Win User

Please recommend me a good XBLA 2D platformer

Battleblock Theatre and Terraria are the best platformers but they cost over 1000.Joe Danger is awesome and is 800.Outland is the best singleplayer platformer and costs 800.The Cave is fun and is 800 but I'm not sure if the multiplayer is local or online.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Terraria multiplayer

Hi RinaMoniter! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you have Game pass for console you need to get Xbox live Gold or Xbox game pass ultimate to play online
Thema:

1. Online and multiplayer not working in Terraria. - Similar Threads - Online multiplayer working

2. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  3. I cant fully connect to online multiplayer services (error code 0x0000000000000000)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant fully connect to online multiplayer services (error code 0x0000000000000000): Whenever I try to load a game i get stuck on s loading screen and if i do connect it treats it as if i were offline, if i try to start or join a party it takes a few seconds to load then puts me...
  4. on my game it says im suspended from online multiplayer and communications but when i check...

in XBoX on Consoles
    on my game it says im suspended from online multiplayer and communications but when i check...: why does it say im suspended on my game but on the web it doesnt. 3cb5917a-4b46-4946-b14e-449909a1b6c0
  5. I can’t connect to online multiplayer games yet I have game pass ultimate and can play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t connect to online multiplayer games yet I have game pass ultimate and can play...: I’ve been having a problem connecting to multiplayer games although I have game pass ultimate I can play forza horizon 5 fine so Ik I have gamepass but every game that requires online multiplayer...
  6. What COD game can I play online multiplayer without game pass/game core

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What COD game can I play online multiplayer without game pass/game core: I am having a hard time figuring out what COD game offers online multiplayer without needed a game pass or game core subscription 289f9b4d-8964-4e58-b42b-82b833336ffc
  7. Multiplayer Setp Question : 2 or 3 locally vs 1 online?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Multiplayer Setp Question : 2 or 3 locally vs 1 online?: Hello Just starting to delve into the world of multiplayer. I had a thought though: is it OK for 2 local players in the same room, on the same console to play against one other remote player?...
  8. My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription: Hi, we have an Xbox series X and I have a game pass ultimate subscription. My son is a member of my family with all the privacy settings set to allow him to play online. The Xbox is set as a Home...
  9. What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live subscription for online multiplayer gaming in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live subscription for online multiplayer gaming in...: What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live for online multiplayer gaming in 2023 december? Thanks for the help! :) e0847f0f-9c6d-45f3-a210-034bd52aa141
  10. My car x drift racing online will not let me join multiplayer room at all.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My car x drift racing online will not let me join multiplayer room at all.: Car x drift racing is not working at all when trying to join a multiplayer room, it says you joined but kicks me after a few seconds, I have tried everything for the past 6 months and it won’t let...