OneGuide for Rogers PVR (Canada)

Discus and support OneGuide for Rogers PVR (Canada) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When using a voice command to go to a specific channel (xbox, watch comedy network), it changes to the correct channel but it brings up the Rogers PVR... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by InsomniacMatt, May 21, 2014.

1. OneGuide for Rogers PVR (Canada)

When using a voice command to go to a specific channel (xbox, watch comedy network), it changes to the correct channel but it brings up the Rogers PVR search window which blocks the screen. Then i need to press "EXIT" on the Rogers PVR remote, which essentially
    negates the voice command feature because I need the remote in hand any way.

I would assume the voice command invokes an IR blast to the remote which is making the remote hit multiple buttons. Any thoughts? Other than that, the TV integration is fantastic, I just cant use a voice command to change channels yet

:)

InsomniacMatt, May 21, 2014
  2. FoxMachine20
    FoxMachine20 Guest
    XboxOne - Will the Live TV feature be available in Canada?

Anymore news on this? I haven't been able to find anything specific. Will live TV and the OneGuide work with Rogers in Canada?

FoxMachine20, May 21, 2014
  3. Kantura
    Kantura Guest
    Canada OneGuide

Looking for some info on when the oneguide will be operational in Canada. My service is through Rogers in London On. Is there really that much politics in getting this done? What is the hold up? Thanks

Kantura, May 21, 2014
  4. OneGuide for Rogers PVR (Canada)

Hey InsomniacMatt,

Thanks for the info. Does this happen just with voice commands, or any time you change the channel with OneGuide?

And what's the make and model of your Rogers PVR?

JT Kimbell [MSFT], May 21, 2014
  5. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Hey InsomniacMatt,

Thanks for the info. Does this happen just with voice commands, or any time you change the channel with OneGuide?

And what's the make and model of your Rogers PVR?
  6. FoxMachine20 Win User

XboxOne - Will the Live TV feature be available in Canada?

Anymore news on this? I haven't been able to find anything specific. Will live TV and the OneGuide work with Rogers in Canada?
  7. FamiliarComic1 Win User

New Apps

Rogers On Demand (Canada): Rogers On Demand provides select TV shows and movies to everyone for FREE. Rogers customers can also catch up on their favorite premium programming anytime, from anywhere in Canada.

This APP is just a scam to get email address and dates of birth, there is no free content for non-rogers customers.
  8. I YETi I TicKlz Win User

Which Canadian cable/satellite providers will be supported by the XBOX One guide?

I think its fair to believe that rogers/Bell will have the ability sometime in 2014. Canada is a big market for Xbox and I can only speculate that if they will make anything compatible in Canada it will be on Rogers/Bell
  9. Booyang76 Win User

Rogers on Demand...

allow me to copy and paste the Xbox.com description of the App

"Rogers On Demand (Canada): Rogers On Demand provides select TV shows and movies to everyone for FREE. Rogers customers can also catch up on their favorite premium programming anytime, from anywhere in Canada"

Its obviously not available to everyone, only exsisting Rogers customers...Hence why I think alot of people are rightfully disappointed(Myself included)..
Thema:

1. OneGuide for Rogers PVR (Canada) - Similar Threads - OneGuide Rogers PVR

2. Oneguide doesn't launch. What fix/alternative?

in XBoX on Windows
    Oneguide doesn't launch. What fix/alternative?: Hey. I've got my setup using the passthru/oneguide on my Xbox One X but the last week or so it's taken 10 plus launches each time I've tried to use oneguide in order to get it to work. Today...
  3. Oneguide issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Oneguide issue: Every time I power on my Xbox one S it always opens up the oneguide, and it’s done this since I’ve owned it brand new, I’ve never had an option to disallow it from always opening first, and I...
  4. OneGuide not working on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    OneGuide not working on Xbox One: I'm trying to set up OneGuide on my Xbox for the first time, but when it reaches the "looking for your picture..." screen it never picks up any source, no matter what device is connected to the...
  5. I bought Under The Jolly Roger as it was at a discounted price of £8.24 and I have been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Under The Jolly Roger as it was at a discounted price of £8.24 and I have been...: I bought Under The Jolly Roger as it was at a discounted price of £8.24 and I have been charged £15.75? Why? 813c2321-a42b-4c48-b41e-6a85c1ca81b4
  6. TV on OneGuide going idle and showing idle time suggestions

in XBoX on Windows
    TV on OneGuide going idle and showing idle time suggestions: Ever since the July 19th update on my Xbox One X, watching TV gets interrupted by idle time suggestions. This did not happen prior to the update. Prior to the update, idle suggestion displays...
  7. Xbox One X - PVR (UK Freeview)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - PVR (UK Freeview)?: Hi all, My kids have been hinting that they'd love a new console for Christmas with PS4 Pro being their first choice. It's hard to justify a spend of that size to be honest but if the console had...
  8. Losing sound when skipping PVR content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Losing sound when skipping PVR content: I have a Bell Fibe VIP2262 PVR set-top-box connected to my Xbox One to use with OneGuide but have an intermittent problem with the sound. When I'm skipping PVR content or buffered content (e.g....
  9. Don't Roger Federer - Rafael Nadal deserve to be on the current gen console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Don't Roger Federer - Rafael Nadal deserve to be on the current gen console?: Asking something that's been bothering me a lot this season. It's been 4 years since XBox One came into our lives and there are still no Tennis Games available whatsoever. We are nearing the end...
  10. OTA pvr functionality?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OTA pvr functionality?: Hi there, I'm thinking of picking up an Xbox One soon but need to know if I can record tv shows OTA? I know from you other support page that purchasing the correct USB tuner and antenna will get...