ONE X suddenly won't connect to 2.4 GHz, but accepts 5 GHz networks

Discus and support ONE X suddenly won't connect to 2.4 GHz, but accepts 5 GHz networks in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My ONE X had been using the same 2.4 GHz (home) wifi for 3 years+. Then I connected it to a 5 GHz network, once. Then I tried to reconnect it to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by QkZgmoQZMQ, May 21, 2023.

1. QkZgmoQZMQ
    QkZgmoQZMQ Guest

My ONE X had been using the same 2.4 GHz (home) wifi for 3 years+.

Then I connected it to a 5 GHz network, once.

Then I tried to reconnect it to the home wifi, when it said:

*Connecting to "[home wifi]" wifi network*,

*Checking connection*

and after loading for far longer than usual

"Couldn't connect to your wireless network"

I have done EACH & ALL of the following:

- restart console

- power cycle console (hold power button, unplug power until "dead", plug in power and start up)

- factory reset console

- check router for filters of any kind

- unplug, power up and restart router

- factory reset router

==> NONE of these worked!

When I connected to my phone's 2.4 GHz hotspot:

=> same exact issue, no difference whatsoever

When I connected to my phone's 5 GHz hotspot:

=> I can connect to the Xbox Network, update system OS and do everything else, albeit with NAT type "strict" & worse connection.

I have also done the following:

- connected PC keyboard to type out password (should make a difference, but I tried regardless)

=> worked ONCE, then I shut down & started up ONCE, and it went back to not working

- change DNS

=> worked ONCE, then I shut down & started up ONCE, and it went back to not working

- repeated aforementioned step

=> NEVER worked again

==> over a month of this later and NOTHING has changed, despite two OS updates and several further attempts at everything listed

My other devices, including a ONE S, have no issues connecting to the same wifi network.

The ONE S has gone through the exact same change of recent wifi networks at the same time, including the change to the "foreign" 5 GHz wifi and return to the home wifi. I had disconnected both, transported both, set both back up and connected both to the other wifi. The same goes for disconnecting, returning home, setting up and connecting to the home wifi.

Only the ONE X refused to connect to the home wifi.

How likely is it that my ONE X's 2.4 GHz "antenna" is broken?

EDIT 01:

I've also tried clearing MAC, and had already set up the ports for Xbox Network and specific games, when I first set up the ONE X in my home wifi.

:)

QkZgmoQZMQ, May 21, 2023
  2. 2c344001-8cad-4c18-8 Win User

Oh no it's not a solution. I only got to test with the other 5 GHz net.

I might have to send my Xbox in for repairs, if I can't upgrade wifi.

Unless someone else replies with a solution.

Thank you for replying and have a good one!
  3. 2c344001-8cad-4c18-8 Win User

It works fine on 5 GHz.

My phone's hotspot just isn't a good router.

But I still don't understand how or why my Xbox wouldn't connect to my 2.4 GHz wifi.
  4. Ronnieee Win User

Great! Hope it works on another network because if not, it could already be a hardware issue with the Xbox.
  5. 2c344001-8cad-4c18-8 Win User

I had already set up all ports for Xbox Network and for specific games.

I tried all those steps (including restarting after clearing MAC, of course) and it changed nothing.

5 GHz kept disconnecting from my phone's hotspot after 10 ~ 15 minutes (mid-OS-update). But that might be an issue with the phone and not necessarily the Xbox.

I'll check with another 5 GHz mobile hotspot and report later.
  6. Ronnieee Win User

I believe you did everything already when it comes to basic troubleshooting and since other consoles are working fine with 2.4GHz then it is definitely a hardware problem with the Xbox. You can always check for repair options here:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/

Glad we got everything covered. Have a good day to you as well! Take care now!
Thema:

1. ONE X suddenly won't connect to 2.4 GHz, but accepts 5 GHz networks - Similar Threads - suddenly won't connect

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.: Hello there, I have a problem where DirectX is messing with all of my games and now I can't play them. Everytime I tried to launch a game it give me this error : LowLevelFatal Error [File:...
  4. My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do...: My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do **** but will play my newer games but none of the 360 and I've tried everything what the heck I can't get it...
  5. Discord on xbox suddenly won't connect through my headset.

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord on xbox suddenly won't connect through my headset.: I've been using discord theough my xbox for months and it's working great. Two days ago though I was playing with my friends, we're cross platform hence the use of discord. I muted my mic for a...
  6. Won't let me twitch stream through Xbox all the sudden

in XboX Insiders
    Won't let me twitch stream through Xbox all the sudden: It's worked fine for years and all the sudden in the capture and share tab when I press live stream it says "to live stream a game, make sure your privacy settings allow it. The game you're...
  7. Why won't my Xbox connect wirelessly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect wirelessly all of a sudden?: Hi All So suddenly my Xbox 360 will not connect wirelessly. It says NETWORK FAILED - INTERNET BLOCKED - XBOX LIVE BLOCKED. I have tried all steps available (clearing cache, factory resetting...
  8. my xbox console hanged all of sudden and now won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox console hanged all of sudden and now won't turn on: Hi Guys, I was playing game and all of sudden console hanged. I restarted the console and now it won't turn on. Light is dim and goes to sleep after minutes. Controller lights are also blinking...
  9. all of a sudden my solitaire won't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    all of a sudden my solitaire won't open: I have no idea which 'forum' to use. For some reason my Microsoft solitaire won't open. I've been using it for months and months and am addicted to it. What do I do?...
  10. All of a sudden this game won't connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of a sudden this game won't connect: I've been playing bingo on Windows 10 since last year. Now it won't connect. It keeps sending the message to try again. What can I do to get it back? 43f6cc9d-f936-4c49-a783-f0c7e2cc32df