One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.

Discus and support One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried to put in a Kingdom Come: Deliverance game disc into my Xbox One X, but it caused my disc drive sound like it was struggling to accept it, in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SeeRocker, Apr 18, 2020.

1. SeeRocker
    SeeRocker Guest

I tried to put in a Kingdom Come: Deliverance game disc into my Xbox One X, but it caused my disc drive sound like it was struggling to accept it, in addition to the disc not being read. I’ve used this same disc on this same console months prior, and there
    are no visible scratches or abnormalities on the disc. Every other disc I put in goes in without any issues. Any idea how to fix this issue? Do I really need to get a new game disc?

:)

SeeRocker, Apr 18, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Rocker,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issues with a disk. We recommend to get a new disk. As it is the only disk causing issues it is somehow damaged or something. One way a disk can be damaged and is very hard to see, is the
    disk being warped. As another test you could try the disk in another console.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. CROW LDN Win User

If it just that certain disc that it wont read i would recommend replacing it i have had a similar issue in the past and that worked for me

If you Xbox does not read any games there may be a issue with the laser inside it and you will need to get it repaired
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One X buzzing from disc drive while installing

If only one disc is causing the buzzing sound, it can be caused by manufacturing tolerances of the disc, or maybe you pulled too hard on the disc when removing it from the case and the disc got slightly warped.

The disc will then start to "wobble" inside the drive causing vibrations that you hear as buzzing sounds.

So if only that one disc is doing the noise, it's because of the disc, and as long as the disc is readable, everything is fine.
  5. Irixion Win User

Xbox 360 E disc problems ...

Weird noise? What's it sound like? Grinding? Does it make louder noises while the disc is spinning faster? If there's nothing in your drive aside from the disc, then I'd recommend not using your drive. The ball bearing in the mechanism your drive uses to
    spin the disc may be going. This can cause friction and heat, and could cause damage to your disc, and your console.

If your console is on warranty, send it in, if not, then I'd pay Microsoft to replace your drive.
  6. Kryptoxide Win User

Disc Drive Does Not Accept Discs

the disc drive in the replacement xbox one console i received from microsoft makes a whirring noise when inserting a disc... only while it is accepting the disc. sounds like it might be the motor that pulls the disc inside the drive. anyone having any issues
    with this?
Thema:

1. One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise. - Similar Threads - disc disc causes

2. How to undigitize a collection/ make the game require a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to undigitize a collection/ make the game require a disc: Recently I've been trying to convert my (mostly digital) game collection to a physical one, but I noticed an oddity when I go to install. My process is to uninstall the digital version, and...
  3. Information Xbox physical disc. Help me

in XboX Insiders
    Information Xbox physical disc. Help me: Good morning I wanted information about the physical versions of Xbox games I am a collector and I only buy physical versions of the games. But is it true that Microsoft will take physical...
  4. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  5. Can't download disc games on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download disc games on Xbox one: I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 2 on my xbox one but whenever I put the disc in it won't start installing and when I take the disc out it says installation stopped, Horizon 2 also doesn't seem...
  6. Xbox one refuses to even show disc; but other discs work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one refuses to even show disc; but other discs work.: So recently I got the new Assassins creed mirage for Xbox one and X, big problem it won’t read the disc on my Xbox one. Like it won’t show up, it will make noise that suggests it’s spinning and...
  7. Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs: Just as said before my series X reads games like MK 1, but sekiro or cod ww2 or any xbox one games, even if it's a cross tittle, just recent games. Bought at 2021, no warranty anymore...
  8. My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc: The disc works perfectly fine on other xbox but not on my xbox series x the game is hot wheels unleashed Please HELP 39ea1323-3b8d-4668-ac7e-b3856a48b96d
  9. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  10. After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...

in XBoX on Windows
    After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...: Good afternoon, today my Xbox One (original) decided to randomly stop reading the disc in my disc tray. I checked the disc and it was perfectly fine. After putting the disc back into the tray, the...