On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing.

Discus and support On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing. I click to open and within 5-10 seconds it will close. For the few seconds it is open it is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chris Miskelly, May 7, 2024.

1. On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing.

On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing. I click to open and within 5-10 seconds it will close. For the few seconds it is open it is unresponsive. I have tried all the suggestions from other threads such as reinstalling, power off etc but still working. Any help appreciated

:)

Chris Miskelly, May 7, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Chris, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, reset your console.

Before you continue, make sure you've got the account sign-in information. You'll need it to log back into your console after the reset.

You can follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
  3. CarTzy Win User

Having an issue with youtube app on xbox series s.

Hello Noah Buell,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue with the YouTube app on your Xbox Series S. I will try to help you resolve it as soon as possible.

To better understand your situation, I have a few questions for you:

- How often do you use the YouTube app on your Xbox Series S?

- Do you have the latest version of the app installed?

- Do you have any other apps running in the background when you use YouTube?

- Have you tried clearing the app cache or reinstalling the app?

- Does this issue happen with any other video streaming apps on your Xbox Series S?

Based on your description, it sounds like the YouTube app is not displaying the videos correctly after you watch a video that has a warning message. This could be caused by a glitch in the app, a compatibility issue with your Xbox Series S, or a network problem.

Here are some possible solutions that you can try:

- Restart your Xbox Series S and your router or modem.

- Check your network settings and make sure you have a stable and fast internet connection.

- Adjust the video quality settings in the YouTube app and see if that makes a difference.

- Contact YouTube support and report this issue to them. They might have more information or updates on this problem.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing Xbox and have a great day.
  4. Spartan2388 Win User

Why are the textures so bad in Warzone 2.0 on Xbox Series S?

One the series s 120hz is barely reached, the max you'll get is around 75-80hz according to digital foundry who did a test on their youtube channel. That's just the limitations of the series s hardware. On 1440p still looks good but the textures were bugged for me where trees would look like clay. Resetting the xbox whilst keeping the games & apps worked for me. So all good now.
  5. Cherrepaha Win User

NHL Gamecenter

I tried StativeBeatle65's solution and it worked for me!

Open the YouTube app.. Open a video [the YouTube trends video worked for me].. Press A to bring up the video controls... On the far right of that menu, select the CC button. Select Turn Off Closed Captioning. Exit the app. You're done!

This helped me turn off Closed Captioning in NHL Gamecenter on an Australian Xbox.
  6. Cherrepaha Win User

Can't turn off closed captions

I tried StativeBeatle65's solution and it worked for me!

Open the YouTube app.. Open a video [the YouTube trends video worked for me].. Press A to bring up the video controls... On the far right of that menu, select the CC button. Select Turn Off Closed Captioning. Exit the app. You're done!

This helped me turn off Closed Captioning in NHL Gamecenter on an Australian Xbox.
Thema:

1. On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing. - Similar Threads - series YouTube app

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes: Does anyone else having the problem where YouTube is lagging very bad to the point that the sound keeps going and the videos freezes and if you put it on a higher quality it lags more often ? It’s...
  4. Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?: since I purchased a series X last December I have experienced sound stutter when viewing videos on YouTube via the App. I have tried sending a Report A Problem for this issue ,but because it is...
  5. Problems with YouTube app on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with YouTube app on Xbox Series X: Hello to everyone, Alpha member with the problem listed in the title. The last update of 2023 seemed to fix the "buffering" and "video freezing" issues on the YouTube app but I have still major...
  6. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  7. YouTube app on series x issues with av1 encoding

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube app on series x issues with av1 encoding: I watch a lot of YouTube and have noticed when a video shows Down/ chugs and sound lag it’s down to the encoding that’s YouTube is using vp9 encoding seems to have no issues that I can tell over...
  8. Having an issue with youtube app on xbox series s.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having an issue with youtube app on xbox series s.: While watching YouTube on xbox series s (using the YouTube app), if I happen to click on a video that gives the " This video may be inappropriate for some users" message, and then I click "I wish...
  9. YouTube app stuttering on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube app stuttering on Xbox Series X: I have submitted reports on this issue since day one of the Xbox Series X launch, why has this never been fixed when every other video app works fine and even YouTube in Microsoft Edge works fine....
  10. Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app: Hello, When Xbox Series S audio is set to output uncompressed stereo with Passthrough enabled, Netflix and YouTube apps output uncompressed stereo instead of Dolby digital plus such as Disney+ or...