On the Xbox controller asking for a alternative manual mac address where do I find this

Discus and support On the Xbox controller asking for a alternative manual mac address where do I find this in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The Xbox controller under setttings is asking for a manual mac address, where do I find this? 910edc84-5721-4c89-9a5c-6aadc9fc9757 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by COL BEANBAG, Nov 20, 2019.

1. COL BEANBAG
    COL BEANBAG Guest

On the Xbox controller asking for a alternative manual mac address where do I find this

The Xbox controller under setttings is asking for a manual mac address, where do I find this?

:)

COL BEANBAG, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Hi Your Controller is connected in PC or Xbox? You try see in Controller App on Xbox?
  3. speedkill1977 Win User

Networking

Microsoft Locked the wireless alternate mac address on the new xbox one s , this means if you have to manually input the wireless mac address you cant, even if you manually input the wireless alternate mac address it wont take after the console restarts..this
    is bad new gamers, you been warned...if you need to manually enter your alternate mac address then dont buy a new xbox one s.

also noted that every game console lets you change the wireless mac address, even the original xbox one lets you change the alternate mac address to the one you need to use...but the new xbox one s locked us out in changing the wireless mac address manually
  4. GMAN990 Win User

Connected to Internet/Can't Connect to Xbox Live

5. XBF George L Win User

Still having trouble with Alternate MAC address

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with your Mac Address settings. The best way to have the Disney Circle work would be to manually set up a static IP address to do that you'd need to
    go to your "Settings" under "Network" find the "Advanced Settings". In there take note of your Wireless MAC or Wired MAC depending what internet connection you are using. Then select Alternate Mac Address and set it to manual and reenter the MAC address there.
    Doing that will keep your MAC address from changing. Keep in mind that anyone clearing the Alternate MAC address would cause it to change. You may want to try setting up a parental restriction from your child's account to be blocked from accessing the settings.
    Hope this helps
  6. GMAN990 Win User

Need help with NAT settings

Hi,

Instead of using a manual ip address put your Xbox ip address back on auto, then go to this screen on your router:-

screenshots.portforward.com/.../Basic_Setup.htm

Click on the DHCP Reservation button

Put in your Xbox mac address (to find it look here:-
    www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../64-where-do-i-find-my-xbox-mac-address
    )

And then enter an ip address for your Xbox choose 192.168.1.150 for example

Click Apply/Save etc and restart your router and then your Xbox

That will basically do the same thing as a manual ip address. Based on your Xbox mac address it will reserve it the same ip address each time, then forward your ports to that ip address (1.150 in my example) that should resolve your test connection each
    time.
Thema:

1. On the Xbox controller asking for a alternative manual mac address where do I find this - Similar Threads - controller asking alternative

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...: why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro? Does it have access to any of my information? Why would I want xbox app to control my device? I don't...
  10. Xbox controller keeps asking for update on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller keeps asking for update on series x: Every time i start up my xbox or unplug and plug my controller a message pops up saying: Your controller needs an update but i am 100% sure that i update it every-time i launch my xbox Is there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot