On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?

Discus and support On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an issue when I’m using the on screen keyboard with Xbox series x. When the on screen keyboard is open, after typing the first character, the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Meaty Pudding, Jun 13, 2024.

1. On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?

I have an issue when I’m using the on screen keyboard with Xbox series x. When the on screen keyboard is open, after typing the first character, the cursor automatically goes to the first word on the predictive text suggestions. I can only scroll through the predictive text words. I cannot move the cursor down to any characters or other buttons on the keyboard. This only happens when using the on screen keyboard, there is no controller drift while gaming or doing anything else on the console.

I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting the controller, upgrading the controller software, and power cycling the console and the controller. Nothing helps.

Am I able to disable the predictive/suggested text? Or is there a known fix for this issue?

:)

Meaty Pudding, Jun 13, 2024
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Keyboards

It will work straight away for text input during messaging and the likes.

Every time the Xbox would show a virtual keyboard on the screen for text input, the keyboard will work.

As for games, the game has to be specifically made to support keyboards.

Not all games are able to use keyboards.

For example Fortnite and Minecraft are popular examples for games that work with an USB Keyboard and USB mouse.
  3. Carson Keith Win User

Map interaction on Microsoft Edge - Xbox Series S

* Merged

I use Microsoft edge on Xbox quite a bit and would like to be able to turn off the on-screen keyboard when typing. I use a mouse and keyboard, so I don't

need the on-screen one. As of right now, I can't find a way to turn it off, I just see an option to change the size of the on-screen keyboard, but not turn it off.

I do have the latest Xbox and Edge version.

Here is a screenshot:
    [​IMG]
  4. maxen Win User

Cant type with controler or keyboard

Are you able to press A in the text box that appears? Does that make the keyboard pop up on screen?
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Minecraft Bedrock Windows 10 Edition can't find my keyboard. What to do?

Please open the on-screen keyboard:

- Go to Start > Search and click on on-screen keyboard.

- Then, please open Minecraft in window mode (not fullscreen) and see if you can play it using the on-screen keyboard.

This will let us know if this is an issue with Minecraft not recognizing keyboard inputs or if this is an issue with your particular keyboard (maybe the driver).
  6. DivineKEATZ Win User

Oversized screen popups

Popup keyboard is having the same issue. Super zoomed in so I can only see the text box just at the bottom of the screen, cant see any of the letters.
Thema:

On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?

1. On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard? - Similar Threads - screen keyboard drift

2. On screen keyboard

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard: How do I turn off on screen keyboard on xbox series? It is really anoying. 0ed2f2df-01e7-4e76-944f-b59722587450
  3. How to stop "Winkey + Period" aka on screen (like) keyboard from Popping up during a game:...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to stop "Winkey + Period" aka on screen (like) keyboard from Popping up during a game:...: Hi there. I've recently gotten my very first gaming pc with official windows and all that. I still prefer to use my Xbox controller with most of my games and have had no trouble until now. With...
  4. On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen

in XBoX on Windows
    On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen: On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen bcc5a3af-b8f0-4562-a689-5447d0a34a0e
  5. xbox cloud gaming showing touch screen ui on pc even with a keyboard and mouse connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox cloud gaming showing touch screen ui on pc even with a keyboard and mouse connection: im in xbox insider for cloud gaming keyboard on pc it was working great a couple of weeks ago untill recentley when i play fortnite it shows the touch screen instead of the console version which...
  6. My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...: The on screen keyboard is giving too many options which is very annoying and affecting game play. How do I change this 77a41866-ac3a-460f-bb48-55d8543171e5
  7. Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...: I want to play games with my keyboard but it doesn’t work in any game but does work in the Home Screen. If you know how to resolve this problem please tell me because I would like to restart...
  8. How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...: How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard connected via usb? I can see that there is an option to do so on Xbox one but not on Xbox series X. Please I...
  9. Remove On-Screen Keyboard On Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remove On-Screen Keyboard On Xbox One: Hello there! Ive been using my xbox one s with a keyboard and mouse for a long time now. And ive been wanting to remove the on screen keyboard because i have a keyboard and i have no use to it....
  10. Microsoft consider implementing "Disable Xbox On-Screen Keyboard" please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft consider implementing "Disable Xbox On-Screen Keyboard" please: Microsoft should consider implementing an option for Xbox users to disable the on-screen keyboard. As an Xbox user, it can be quite frustrating having to repeatedly press the Windows key + Esc key...