on pc cant switch drives to install games on i try to switch it and it automatically...

Discus and support on pc cant switch drives to install games on i try to switch it and it automatically... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; already tried manually moving the entire xbox file to the other drive and no luck 4ff51dd4-952d-409e-881a-be1089d2afcd Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by lloyd burke, Aug 3, 2023.

1. lloyd burke
    lloyd burke Guest

on pc cant switch drives to install games on i try to switch it and it automatically...

already tried manually moving the entire xbox file to the other drive and no luck

:)

lloyd burke, Aug 3, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

on pc cant switch drives to install games on i try to switch it and it automatically switches back

Hi , my name is Fernando. I'm a gamer like you who loves to help other gamers with their Xbox questions. I can help with most questions. However, I do not have access to your account details to provide billing information/account inquiries. Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community.

This procedure may help resolve the issue:
    Click System.
    Click Storage.
    In the "More storage settings" section, click the Change where new content is saved option.
    Use the new apps will be saved dropdowns to select the new default location for apps.
    Click the Apply button.

If that doesn't work, or any error like this: 0x80070005 appears:

1. Go to "my computer" > Select the disk where you want to save the files from now on.
    2. There will be a folder called "windows applications" > right click on it and select properties > security > advanced.
    3. Another tab will appear, click continue (for this, your account must have administrator privileges).
    4. Where the owner is, click "change" > then "Advanced" > then "find now" > then choose "Authenticated Users" > click OK, then OK again and click apply.
    5. After that rename WindowsApps folder to WindowsApps.old
    6. Create a new folder called WindowsApps.
    NOTE: It is important to rename the folder as per step 5 and create another one as per step 6, otherwise it will not work.
    7. Restart the PC.
    8. Then try changing save location for new apps and games in settings again.
    9. If it still doesn't work for you, deleting the WpSystem folder on your D: drive should allow you to change download locations without error.

Hope I helped, see you soon!
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox says that I've run out of space when I clearly haven't

I would go to Settings and Storage and check if one of the drives is filled up? There is a setting for default installs, and for save data it will save to the game it's installed on. It doesn't cross over automatically if the first drive fills up to save
    on the second, you have to specific which drive it's installed to.

So if you have a game installed on internal drive, and your second drive is empty, it won't automatically start using the second drive, you have to move the game to the empty drive to utilize that space. And if you try to install a game and your default
    drive is full, it will not automatically install on the empty drive, it will let you know that the primary is full, and you'll have to switch the default drive or copy titles from one drive to the other.

If that's not the case, and both drives have sufficient space available, let us know, and we can take a deeper look as to what's happening.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Game Pass app on PC, doesn't let me eject my external HD drive where my games are installed on, even after closing the app.

Well first you can't as the folder is encrypted

Why are you ejecting the drive while it's on?

Are you trying something you aren't supposed to like switching PC's to play on another ? It won't work

The games have to be installed into the other pc

While connected to the internet and xbox game services is part of windows you do know that right ?
  5. goodtron08 Win User

Get rid of the Kinect not the Disk Drive!

get rid of the disc drive I will switch to PC
  6. ContentedEntree Win User

Pre-owned fee?

"The thing is: if Microsoft is doing this, then Sony sure as hell is too!

This is an industry-wide drive generated by publishers.

You won't be escaping it by switching platforms."

If XboxOne is really doing this, then I am switching to the PS4. If the PS4 is also doing this, then I might as well switch to the PC. Buying second hand games, lending games to friends and renting games was a good reason to buy a console instead of a PC...
    But without that, I might as well play on the PC.
Thema:

1. on pc cant switch drives to install games on i try to switch it and it automatically... - Similar Threads - cant switch drives

2. has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then xbox claim they cant switch them over?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then xbox claim they cant switch them over?: has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then when asked Microsoft to switch they say it cant be done? d798a408-7e59-445a-a9e9-96b3b83c2d2a
  3. Cant claim dlc on nintendo switch minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant claim dlc on nintendo switch minecraft: I have the minecraft deluxe collection on nintendo switch and cant claim the extra dlc and minecoins. 2ed675c1-c2bc-4438-a50e-8ee96a257798
  4. I cant switch accounts on Xbox Console. And I can't sign out of Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant switch accounts on Xbox Console. And I can't sign out of Xbox Game Bar: It keeps auto signing me into my old account, I can sign out on the Xbox Console App and the Xbox app, but i can't seem to sign out of the game bar, i press sign out and it just kicks me out to...
  5. Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam): I am currently trying to play sea of thieves. Whenever I launch the game is brings me to a screen that says "enter password" the only problem is that the account it wants me to sign in on is no...
  6. WHY cant the SWITCH version of Minecraft see or join LAN servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY cant the SWITCH version of Minecraft see or join LAN servers?: So, ALL other versions can see and join LAN servers. PC, Windows, Xbox, PS4, they can all see and join my LAN server. WHY cant the Switch version see or join it? ALL are running the latest...
  7. Cant switch download location to another disk at game install options section

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant switch download location to another disk at game install options section: I try to switch from C to D. It just goes back C in instant. Both drives are SSD and formatted as NTFS. [img] 669f384c-3d34-439a-a545-1db9bb10452f
  8. I cant switch accounts on xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant switch accounts on xbox: I have two Minecraft accounts on my Windows 11 computer. When I try to add another account it sends me to "Welcome Back! Switch account or Let's Play" and when I press Switch account it shows a...
  9. CAN ONLY PLAY DEMO MC/CANT SWITCH TO MY ACTUAL MC ACC

in XBoX Accessibility
    CAN ONLY PLAY DEMO MC/CANT SWITCH TO MY ACTUAL MC ACC: SO I OPNEND THE MC LAUNCHER TODAY AND IT TELLS ME TO JUST PLAY THE DEMO THEN IVE CHECKED IF I AM ON MY ACC WHERE I BOUGHT MC BUT APPARENTLY IM NOT THEN IM TRYNA SWITCH TO MY RIGHT ACCOUNT WHERE I...
  10. Cant log in to microsoft account on switch

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant log in to microsoft account on switch: im trying to log in to microsoft on minecraft in switch, but it only comes up that it cant log in. Ive tried deleting minecraft data and every other thing ive seen poeople eriting on forums. How...