On my Microsoft account I'm an Adult, but on Xbox I'm a Child?

Discus and support On my Microsoft account I'm an Adult, but on Xbox I'm a Child? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On my Microsoft account, my correct age is entered, I am an adult, and on my Xbox 360 it recognizes me as such. Sadly, the little games with gold icon... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrExplosion4, Oct 17, 2015.

1. MrExplosion4
    MrExplosion4 Guest

On my Microsoft account, my correct age is entered, I am an adult, and on my Xbox 360 it recognizes me as such. Sadly, the little games with gold icon is not showing up on any of the pages, so i cannot get it directly from there, but when I tried to get
    them from my computer, It listed me as a child account. I was using the correct accounts, I have tried pretty much anything I could think of, and I can't find this issue anywhere else. I should also mention the free games for the month aren't showing up as
    even games with gold for the month on the Xbox, so I'm stuck between to bugs. I would like help as soon as possible, as some of the games will go away by the end of the month.

:)

MrExplosion4, Oct 17, 2015
  2. RageWestfall
    RageWestfall Guest
    Pre owned Xbox One, can't buy games.

I recently bought a pre owned Xbox one and I'm trying to buy a game but it says that I'm a child account and I need to be put as an adult account to buy the game I want. The amount is nor on the Xbox, but it's the only adult profile on my Xbox. How do I
    get my account as an adult account without deleting my save files?

RageWestfall, Oct 17, 2015
  3. CaptainZakz
    CaptainZakz Guest
    Cant broadcast because it says I'm a child account when I'm on a adult account

I have been on quite a few chats with xbox support as they have tried to help but have not succeeded. my issue is I have allowed my xbox to broadcast I'm on a adult account but it is detecting me as a child account. done multiple solution such as restarting
    network, deleting cache, rebooting system, enabling and disabling as nothing has worked. I can't even sign in on my beam account using Microsoft it is very frustrating as all I want is to broadcast with friends.

my supporter said to include chat reference which is 1385395031

CaptainZakz, Oct 17, 2015
  4. On my Microsoft account I'm an Adult, but on Xbox I'm a Child?

Hey there, MrExplosion4! Changing the age on your Microsoft account will not change the age on your Xbox account. If your account is showing up as a child account anywhere other than the 360, then your account is set as a child account. Setting your security
    settings to "Adult" also does not make your account an adult account, but gives that account most of the same rights as an adult account.

If you feel any of this is incorrect or you do not fall under this, you will need to
    contact us via phone or chat support to ensure there are no errors with promoting your account.

Misses Quinzel, Oct 20, 2015
  5. kiralouise27
    kiralouise27 Guest
    kiralouise27, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Lumie Helps Win User

I'm an adult, but Microsoft thinks I'm a child account.

Hi there Robin R.

I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues using your account properly due to the child account restrictions.

You cannot leave without being an adult.

To address the issue of Microsoft categorizing your account as a child account despite your being an adult, you can follow these steps:

Verify Your Birthdate in Account Settings:

Go to the Microsoft Account profile page.
    Confirm that your birthdate is entered correctly. If it is correct and shows you as 21, Microsoft should recognize your age appropriately.

If you still want to be part of the Microsoft Family, ask the family organizer to send you a new invitation after dropping you. This time, make sure to accept it as an adult member, not a child.

Update Parental Settings:

If you need to stay in the family group and cannot leave, ask the family organizer to update your settings.
    The organizer can change your status by:
    Going to the Family Safety page.
    Clicking on your name.
    Changing your role to an adult or adjusting permissions to ensure you have access to all necessary features.

Check Account Permissions and Security Settings:

Navigate to Microsoft's Security settings.
    Review any settings that might be restricting your account, such as restrictions on certain types of content or purchases.

You can go to this link: [support.microsoft.com/home/contact] and input 'Account Access' and then go to 'Contact Support'.

Once you're there, you can go to 'Microsoft 365 and Office' > 'Manage Account Security' and you will be able to talk to a support agent.

I hope this helps. -Lumie
  7. Johnny1370 Win User

Cant connect childs account after upgrade

I had the same problem, but it just started working. Had to login as my child, then as my adult, and pay $0.50 to re-enable my childs account.

For the record, this is the second time I've paid Microsoft to prove I'm an adult.
  8. LordThroplebury Win User

Parental Controls - Approving Friend Requests

There are three accounts in total, two adult, one child. The info I gave previously was from my adult account.

I'm just checking his child and our adult statuses.

My account is Adult and his is Custom (Child setting interfered with his gaming).
  9. LueNing Win User

How to change the Xbox privacy settings when I'm not in a Microsoft family, but kept getting redirected to the page "Why can’t I change my privacy settings?"

Thanks for your quick response to my question, I really appreciate the efficiency :)

I understand that my account might be a child account, but are there any ways to make sure about that? It would be great if every single Microsoft users can check whether their account is a child one or an adult one by themselves.

I'm 18 years old now, and in my region (which is Taiwan), I'm surely an adult. I've checked the birthday in my account settings and it is correct. However, my account still seems to remain a child one(?

Please tell me how to change my account into an adult one. And also, tell me if there's any way to check whether my account is a child one or an adult one. Thanks.
  10. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Why can’t kids play EA games on PC Game Pass?

Hey, there!

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the Microsoft Community.

My name is Darhyl. I'm an Independent Advisor and I will do my best to help you sort this out.

I'm sorry you are experiencing any trouble right now. No worries, I'm here to help you.

In order to manage your child's account, you will have to create a new Microsoft adult account on account.microsoft.com (Please make sure to put 22 years or older on your account's birthdate to ensure that your account is an adult account)

Once it's done, sign in to your newly created adult account on account.microsoft.com > then go to Family > add your child's Microsoft account > and from there you can manage the maturity level setting of your child's account that would enable your child's account to access the EA games on Xbox game pass.

Please let me know if it works.
Thema:

1. On my Microsoft account I'm an Adult, but on Xbox I'm a Child? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account I'm

2. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  3. I'm logged in to my Microsoft account on Minecraft. I want to go to Servers to play with...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm logged in to my Microsoft account on Minecraft. I want to go to Servers to play with...: I just bought Minecraft on my new Nintendo Switch. I'm trying to link my accounts, but I'm having trouble doing that. I've been able to sign into my existing Microsoft account and play. However it...
  4. I'm being charged for Minecraft Realms, but my microsoft account says I have no subscriptions.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm being charged for Minecraft Realms, but my microsoft account says I have no subscriptions.: I used to have a Minecraft realm that would auto-renew. I never cancelled it, but last month it "expired" so it was no longer playable, even though the payment for it processed the day before...
  5. I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.: Hello. I'm trying to sign out of a Microsoft account and use a new one for my xbox account. However, I don't know where to start and I've heard that you really can't due to them being linked....
  6. I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...: I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I finish filling it out it takes me to an Xbox 8aa6ace2-1a33-4507-9e50-62116a14af83
  7. I'm signed into my account but I want to buy an xbox game on the Microsoft site and give it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm signed into my account but I want to buy an xbox game on the Microsoft site and give it...: I'm signed into my account but I want to buy an xbox game on the Microsoft site and give it as a gift. How do I do that? I don't want it automatically applied to my account. I attempted to buy it...
  8. If I buy a digital game will it stay in my Microsoft account, until I'm ready to download it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a digital game will it stay in my Microsoft account, until I'm ready to download it?: Its a Christmas present and don't want it to show on his xbox yet db8b833c-8992-43c9-9d9e-859cc41421b1
  9. If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to...: If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to randomly link a wrong one? I have only ever used one Microsoft account for Minecraft on PS4 and now PS5, it...
  10. I'm not able to play Minecraft ON PC on my microsoft account (that i migrated from a mojang...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm not able to play Minecraft ON PC on my microsoft account (that i migrated from a mojang...: I'm not able to play Minecraft ON PC on my microsoft account (that i migrated from a mojang account) even though i bought the game on 06.2014 (i have the transaction id & order id)...