on my laptop i own minecraft while on the dextop it says that i have to pay for it again

Discus and support on my laptop i own minecraft while on the dextop it says that i have to pay for it again in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; on my surface studio laptop when i go in microsoft store it says that i own minecraft and i can download it but with the same account on my dextop... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Fogliati Francesco, Sep 1, 2023.

1. on my laptop i own minecraft while on the dextop it says that i have to pay for it again

on my surface studio laptop when i go in microsoft store it says that i own minecraft and i can download it but with the same account on my dextop computer i have to pay for it, is this normal?

:)

Fogliati Francesco, Sep 1, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

on my laptop i own minecraft while on the dextop it says that i have to pay for it again

Hello Fogliati Francesco,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

Based on what you have posted, it seems that you are unable to play Minecraft on your desktop due to it telling you to buy the game again.

Here are some troubleshooting steps we can perform:

- Check if your desktop computer is connected to the internet and has no firewall that blocks the Microsoft Store by going to Settings > Network & Internet and making sure that you have a valid connection. If you have a firewall, you may need to allow the Microsoft Store app through it by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Firewall & network protection and clicking on Allow an app through firewall. Find the Microsoft Store app and make sure it is checked.

- Check if your desktop computer has the same region and language setting as your Surface Studio laptop by going to Settings > Time & Language and selecting Region and Language. Make sure that the Country or region and the Windows display language match the ones on your laptop. If they don't, change them and restart your computer.

- Check if your Microsoft account has any issues with its payment or subscription status by going to https://account.microsoft.com/services and signing in with your account. Look for Minecraft under your services and subscriptions and make sure that it is active and paid for. If you see any errors or warnings, follow the instructions to resolve them.

Additional method you can perform.

• Get the Xbox app from Microsoft store.
    • On the Xbox app, login using the email you purchased the game with.
    • search for Minecraft Launcher.
    • install the MC launcher
    • open that new launcher
    • login using MS Account, and enter your account details

If none of these steps work, please contact us again and provide us with more details about your issue, such as:

- The exact error message or code that you see when you try to download Minecraft on your desktop computer.

- The model and specifications of your desktop computer.

- The date and time when you first encountered this issue.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. FireReaper10 Win User

minecraft

im having the exact same issue with my game, ive owned the digital copy of minecraft for over a year now and it says i still have to pay for it
  5. Ninjetter42o Win User

Uninstalling a game that came with my laptop..?

So i went and figured id mark this as an answer before i actually figured it all out, so it took me forever to find out if i actually own minecraft or not, i never did.. But I do know i for sure own the Minecraft Java Version.

So I went ahead and uninstalled it and it let me re-installed it, but it says i can try it or something but it doesnt mean i own it? This is really dumb, and the minecoin store still isnt working on my laptop, but itworks on my ipad,so now im basically playing
    the game as a trial now after having it on my laptop since the day i got my laptop {march of this year}, kinda very frustrated.
  6. RobertoWindrum Win User

it says i dont own minecraft

hey it says I don't have Minecraft as well but I do because I got it for free from the old xbox one edition of Minecraft which I got from around the release of the xbox one and because it says I don't own
    the game I cant get a duplicate on my laptop
    If it came with the xbox and u have rebooted it yet then minecraft was erased do to technical issues
Thema:

1. on my laptop i own minecraft while on the dextop it says that i have to pay for it again - Similar Threads - laptop own minecraft

2. How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to use my laptop as a monitor for my Xbox, but I'm running into some difficulties and could use some advice. Here's what I've tried so far: HDMI Connection: My laptop...
  3. how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console: how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console b0c02a9e-7b65-439e-a872-d1497d1a0372
  4. Gamepasdto Laptop, currently shared over two consoles.

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepasdto Laptop, currently shared over two consoles.: Hi, I currently have gamepass shared on one xbox x and one S. How would I remove it from the S and add it to my new laptop? Thanks. submitted by /u/East_Rooster9251 [link] [comments]
  5. I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.

in XboX Insiders
    I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.: Just as the title says, I have to restart my laptop every time I want to go into an Xbox party. after I restart my laptop, it'll allow me to go into xbox parties but after a while of not using the...
  6. Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...: Need help im trying to stream Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to using a mic on the laptop it stops the stream all up tp date on laptop...
  7. How do I play my xbox x on my laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I play my xbox x on my laptop: How do I connect my xbox x to my laptop so I can play 86efa86f-d118-4f48-9570-7ec23a0b1a31
  8. Can I transfer a Digitally owned Xbox 360 copy of Fall of Cybertron to my Gaming Laptop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer a Digitally owned Xbox 360 copy of Fall of Cybertron to my Gaming Laptop...: Heyo! I am looking to do something, but i'm not 100% sure on how to go about it. I'm not one of these people that will bottle neck the rules, to get what I want. My aim is to take the files from...
  9. How to get it on my laptop without buying it even though I already own it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get it on my laptop without buying it even though I already own it.: I have Minecraft on my Xbox but when I try to get the game on my laptop it says I do not own it even though I have it on my Xbox af26e445-6b71-476b-9c2f-47494bafb368
  10. Minecraft is asking me to buy the game I already own when trying to sign in on a new laptop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft is asking me to buy the game I already own when trying to sign in on a new laptop.: I've installed the game from my library within the xbox app, surely that proves I already own the game. 388725c2-a7d7-48f2-b034-4ec4e36c5164