Old "@Xboxlivefamily.com" Email Cant be Changed

Discus and support Old "@Xboxlivefamily.com" Email Cant be Changed in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm having trouble with changing my primary alias. My email uses the old, "@xboxlivefamily.com" from back when my parents purchased the Xbox live gold... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ethan Mack, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Ethan Mack
    Ethan Mack Guest

I'm having trouble with changing my primary alias. My email uses the old, "@xboxlivefamily.com" from back when my parents purchased the Xbox live gold family package after we had just got the Xbox 360. I didn't have an email at the time, so we had one generated. About a year ago I figured that I should probably switch my account's email to my personal email because the one my Xbox account is currently using can't receive any emails, which is important for being able to authenticate my account when prompted by certain companies. And makes it imposable for me to take part in some of Xbox's reward programs, like their give aways. But, when I went to go through the simple process of changing my primary alias, I ran into a seemingly unsolvable issue. I'm able to add my email but, unable to change my primary alias, and under my primary alias it says, "Your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias". I've gone through a couple of the help menus on Microsoft's website that relate to my issue, and they all just gave me the steps on how to change my primary alias, no solutions or any thing that really relates to my current problem. I have tried looking for solutions elsewhere, but I have seen multiple posts about this same issue on reddit and on the webchat, but no clear solutions. Except for one thread I found where someone claimed that they had to call Microsoft and the solution they used was to go in and delete his/her "@xboxlivefamily.com" email. So, does anyone know of an easy fix or is a phone call to Microsoft the only way.

:)

Ethan Mack, Nov 6, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: