Old GT Recovery Issue - Don't know email used / Phone # is a landline

Discus and support Old GT Recovery Issue - Don't know email used / Phone # is a landline in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Basically, I've had the GT "DejaHu" since at least 2008. Back then there wasn't any microsoft account linkup with today's security standards. Since... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dejah Hu, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Dejah Hu
    Dejah Hu Guest

Basically, I've had the GT "DejaHu" since at least 2008. Back then there wasn't any microsoft account linkup with today's security standards. Since it's been so long I can't for the life of me remember what email I used for that GT when setting it
    up. I know what the email password would be, but the actual email address escapes me. The phone # attached to it is an old landline from over six years ago. Had I known that my longtime account would become defunct b/c I couldn't receive a text message,
    it would've been updated.

It's hard to believe that there is no help offered for this plausible scenario. Not remembering the email or no longer actively using the non-landline phone # more than six years later doesn't seem very far-fetched. I can verify all aspects of the
    billing information. I have other GT's with the same billing information intact that can be cross-referenced (TSB DejaHu, TSB Deja, etc). I'm beyond frustrated of the lack of recovery options offered to a longtime subscriber to the excellent Xbox Live.
    Can't there be something else that can be provided to verify that I'm the owner? I just need to know what the email is. Actually, i really don't intend on using any aspect of the account other than the GT. I will transfer it over immediately to this newly
    created Microsoft account to replace this randomly-generated GT. Thank you for your time.

:)

Dejah Hu, Sep 3, 2014
  2. Cannot sign into live!

the email i have listed i dont know the password to, and the home phone is a landline and cant get texts.

CajolingFlyer45, Sep 3, 2014
  3. dannypenfold
    dannypenfold Guest
    help connection issues

Hello, is there a way you can go to Support --> Contact us ---> Put your issue in ---> then go to live chat. And then tell them your issue and then an xbox agent will help you. You can even ring them over the phone. Mobile costs but from a landline it doesn't

dannypenfold, Sep 3, 2014
  4. Old GT Recovery Issue - Don't know email used / Phone # is a landline

you are responsible for your account, so keeping Information up to date is your own Task.

your chances are

- check if you had any automated Login, xbox.com, a friends console and see if you can recieve your email this way

- in case you had an old email that is shown and try to regain Access there, or if it is deleted simply Register it anew so you can pass verification

- guess which email you used

StefanNeubauer, Sep 3, 2014
  5. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest
    BobMcFly247, Sep 3, 2014
  6. Dejah Hu
    Dejah Hu Guest
    I appreciate the replies. Just purchased an XB1 & my old 360 had the RROD months out of warranty awhile back. I've scoured through all possible emails and browser cache/saved login info. It being years rather than months doesn't bode well for getting
    lucky I suppose. Nevertheless, you both are good eggs for replying with some possible insight on resolving this. Very thankful.

Dejah Hu, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Dejah Hu Win User

I appreciate the replies. Just purchased an XB1 & my old 360 had the RROD months out of warranty awhile back. I've scoured through all possible emails and browser cache/saved login info. It being years rather than months doesn't bode well for getting
    lucky I suppose. Nevertheless, you both are good eggs for replying with some possible insight on resolving this. Very thankful.
  8. BobMcFly247 Win User

9. StefanNeubauer Win User

you are responsible for your account, so keeping Information up to date is your own Task.

your chances are

- check if you had any automated Login, xbox.com, a friends console and see if you can recieve your email this way

- in case you had an old email that is shown and try to regain Access there, or if it is deleted simply Register it anew so you can pass verification

- guess which email you used
  10. CajolingFlyer45 Win User

Cannot sign into live!

the email i have listed i dont know the password to, and the home phone is a landline and cant get texts.
  11. dannypenfold Win User

help connection issues

Hello, is there a way you can go to Support --> Contact us ---> Put your issue in ---> then go to live chat. And then tell them your issue and then an xbox agent will help you. You can even ring them over the phone. Mobile costs but from a landline it doesn't
Thema:

1. Old GT Recovery Issue - Don't know email used / Phone # is a landline - Similar Threads - Old Recovery Issue

2. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  3. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  4. Trying to get old Halo ranks back on old gamertag (complicated recovery)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to get old Halo ranks back on old gamertag (complicated recovery): I cracked the password in 2020 on a 360 and should have written down the password. The console used does not immediately display the live account. (Says my sister but I can always try to ask to...
  5. Recovery of an old account from 7 years ago

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovery of an old account from 7 years ago: For starters, I've read through the Microsoft support pages. I realize that it says they can't recover an account that was closed more than 60 days ago and they are supposedly unable to help you...
  6. Old hotmail account is locked, and the recovery mail box has been deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old hotmail account is locked, and the recovery mail box has been deleted: Hello, I am writing this question from my professionnal mail because I don't have any other microsoft account. I plugged my old Xbox360 yesterday, and I can not access my profile for the reasons...
  7. Old account recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old account recovery: I have an old Xbox account and I wanted to reset the password so I can log in, but I no longer have access to the email and the forum apparently can’t help me recover my account, I tried the forum...
  8. Can I recovery old 360 account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recovery old 360 account?: Hello, i felt like being nostalgic recently so I bought a 360 after my previous one was destroyed. which brings me to my problem my old account is on my hard drive which when I installed into my...
  9. Old Xbox account recovery issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Xbox account recovery issues: I had an xbox a while ago and my account name was SlothfulAtol3. I have since lost access to the account and I believe the email to the account is also not correct since it was made using a one...
  10. 13 year old account recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    13 year old account recovery: Would it be possible to recover a 13 year old account that was stolen and then the hacker changed the email to my account, and the email I used is no longer accessible and the Xbox that I had the...