Ok ongoing issue installing apps and games stalling on X series

Discus and support Ok ongoing issue installing apps and games stalling on X series in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] Sorry to ask the question again but Kathy A closed the task I had open. I was waiting for a replacement xbox to arrive to check if it will work.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Roger mcarthur, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Ok ongoing issue installing apps and games stalling on X series

Ok ongoing issue installing apps and games stalling on X series [​IMG]
    Sorry to ask the question again but Kathy A closed the task I had open. I was waiting for a replacement xbox to arrive to check if it will work. Sadly it does not and I am getting over this as this has been causing me issues since June.

Data stalls and does not install, I have PlayStation, Home PC, Gaming PC and Gaming Laptop that automatically install, I have changed Ethernet cable/ports and more. now third xbox still same issue. does not change when I connect to my phone either (using my phone data). I have been talking to a agent (Reece I think) sorry I will ask him his details when he calls me next time. But I am very frustrated, paying for xbox Gold and not being able to get my kids to update and play games such as Minecraft Halo and more, it is very very tiresome. As I said this problem, I noticed in June but persevered with very slow updates/resetting and installing problems and finally placing complaints in September. I dont get a lot of time to try sort this and my kids move on to other devices as Xbox does not work.

:)

Roger mcarthur, Nov 17, 2023
  2. deb adams1 Win User

Hi Roger, thanks for getting back to my question so quickly!

I'm not sure we had the same problem, but my son's Xbox S series stopped downloading games and updates some months ago, and I had a real hard time figuring it out.

I'll post what ultimately worked for anyone else who might stumble onto this page.

I followed the instructions in this link (by XBF Zineb F):

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/cant-play-game-without-update-and-cant-update/45c9e2f7-a34d-4521-ac24-2d504ea63767

My NAT was not "open" whatever that means, so I reset my connection straight to the modem wifi (not through our wifi extender). That reset the NAT to "open". This didn't fix the issue, but still might have been a necessary step??

After trying all of the suggestions, as a last resort I reset the console (keeping games and apps), and after a restart, the Xbox started downloading the Microsoft store app, which was a good sign. After another restart (or two), it completed the download and install, and I tried downloading a game - it worked. After an overnight download session, I managed to get all of the updates installed, and the X-box is usable again.

Hope your Xbox issues are sorted. Unfortunately we need to be major trouble-shooters because Microsoft/Xbox support don't seem very "supportive". For a tech company, their products seem particularly buggy.

Deb
  3. Roger mcarthur Win User

Hello Deb1

I had no support from Xbox at all. In the end I did have to buy a new router or ask you internet provider if they will give another one. I then bought an EAP access point TPlink AX1800 and installed that in my home and run my stuff though the new router and access point. Sadly I don’t know what Microsoft have done with access to their servers. The support is so poor I have lodged a claim with consumer affairs and complained. I suggest if you have bought the console in the last 90 days to get a refund. The support people don’t help even with the Xbox support people..
  4. Roger mcarthur Win User

Hello WPAK

I have no usb’s connected devices to the Xbox. I have got spotted it from my phone (and phone on data mode so not using homes internet. It’s really bugging me as if it’s my router I don’t understand why. And tried using mobile data so in a nut shell different connection. Have you seen this before? My carrier is Iinett so not sure if that’s got anything to do with it. Copper to the node so not on fibre but all speed checks seem fine.
  5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

just to be sure are there any devices connected to the console via USB? Like a storage device or anything else? If so, please disconnect those.

Also if possible can you try the console on a different network, like at a friend's or relatives place, just to determine if it's console or network related. I know you mentioned that other devices are working fine, but just to be sure.
  6. deb adams1 Win User

Roger, I have a similar problem with my son's Xbox S console. Did you find a solution?
Thema:

1. Ok ongoing issue installing apps and games stalling on X series - Similar Threads - ongoing issue installing

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  5. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  6. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  7. Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC: i cant leave my own party on xbox app pc. any sollution? submitted by /u/Euphoric_Ad3856 [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues: I have several people on my friends list and all of them are friends with me but I have 1 friend that is favorited that will not give notifications, allow you to join his games or allow him to...
  9. Unauthorized account access, ongoing hack

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unauthorized account access, ongoing hack: Last year I found out my ex had stolen all my Apple ID and cloud info before and during our divorce and either used it himself or gave it to people to use (both I think) and access my accounts and...
  10. Texas Chainsaw Massacre Network Error still ongoing related to xbox insider builds

in XboX Insiders
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre Network Error still ongoing related to xbox insider builds: Since the game release users in xbox insider builds are still having network errors trying to create and join partys in game its been reported by myself and others via report a problem and also...