Offline update in progress, hung up at 58%, cycled down, restarted, no error message, stuck...

Discus and support Offline update in progress, hung up at 58%, cycled down, restarted, no error message, stuck... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I got the BSoD and did all the usual steps to try to fix. Could not. Opted to reset the system (delete all) and kept getting e102 error message.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kharyssarhodes, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Offline update in progress, hung up at 58%, cycled down, restarted, no error message, stuck...

So I got the BSoD and did all the usual steps to try to fix. Could not. Opted to reset the system (delete all) and kept getting e102 error message. Shut down and did the offline update with my flash drive. On the first attempt, it hung up at 58% for more
    than an hour. I followed the advice given in other threads (posted by admins) to cycle and unplug for 30 secs. Did that. No error screen, and update began anew.

Now it’s been stuck at 50% for more than 2 hours. im going to cycle and restart again... but what steps should I take if this keeps happening?

thanks for your help!

~desja

:)

kharyssarhodes, Apr 4, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Offline update in progress, hung up at 58%, cycled down, restarted, no error message, stuck again at 50%

G'day,

Are you in the Insiders preview program?

If you are, OSU's (offline system updates) should NOT be used unless you first leave the program. Leaving the program usually entails doing a factory refresh which will install the latest General Public release.
  3. baltyofgod Win User

Offline update in progress, hung up at 58%, cycled down, restarted, no error message, stuck again at 50%

Step 1: Solution to upgrade your Xbox One system
    This solution can help resolve errors caused by a failed system update on the Xbox One console. It Can be useful even if you need to update the console offline.

Note: If the Xbox One console software is not updated correctly, there are many possible situations. The console may display a message or error code during or after the upgrade, or the console may not be started correctly after
    the upgrade is complete.

Do I need to resolve a system upgrade error or perform an offline system update?
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Desja,

Thank you for coming to the forums. I'm sorry to say but if the issue continues after power cycling then unfortunately the console will need to be repaired or replaced as from what I've seen E102 system errors will need to be fixed by certified Microsoft
    technicians.

Did you try all of the OSU files? I believe there is OSU 1, OSU 2, and OSU 3 from the

OSU troubleshooting guide
  5. baltyofgod Win User

Step 2: Perform an offline system update
    The Xbox One Offline System update (OSU) process updates the console by downloading a file to a USB flash drive and installing it directly on the Xbox One console.

To use the offline system update, you need:

A Windows-based PC with an Internet connection and a USB port.
    A USB flash drive with at least 4 GB of available space, formatted as NTFS.
    Which Xbox One console are you upgrading?
  6. baltyofgod Win User

The first pass serves for the S and X, instead the latter for the normal one fat.

Step 3: Verify that you can open the Xbox startup troubleshooting tool
    Depending on how recent your Xbox One console update is, you can perform an offline system update using the Xbox startup Troubleshooting tool. To Verify that the option is available on the console, follow these steps.

If you are using a wired network connection, unplug the network cable.
    Turn off the console and unplug the power cord to make sure that the console is completely off.
    Wait 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cord.
    Hold down the PAIRING button (on the left side of the console) and the EJECT button (on the front of the console), then press the Xbox button on the console.
    Continue to hold the PAIRING button and the EJECT button pressed for 10-15 seconds.
    Wait for a few seconds to emit two tones of "Start " at a distance. After issuing the second boot tone, release the PAIRING button and the EJECT button.
    When the console comes on, you will see the Xbox startup Troubleshooting tool, if available:

If you do not see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooting tool, select NO below to continue with an offline update.

Do you see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooting tool After You run the procedure?
Thema:

Offline update in progress, hung up at 58%, cycled down, restarted, no error message, stuck...

1. Offline update in progress, hung up at 58%, cycled down, restarted, no error message, stuck... - Similar Threads - Offline update progress

2. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  3. My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable: Update error 0x00000201 can somebody help me can't do an update after resetting my game and I can't do an offline update I'm connected to the internet but it still just doesn't work...
  4. I have tried 2 of the 3 offline updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have tried 2 of the 3 offline updates: AsSo I can not get my xbox to go past the preparation belack screen and green bar it keeps popping up with error code e200 this is after I've tried hard factory reseting it I have tried the...
  5. When preforming an offline update xbox shuts off completely and doesn't restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    When preforming an offline update xbox shuts off completely and doesn't restart: When I do a offline update my xbox shuts off midway through the verfying process and doesn't restart to continue. 4f3b165f-a760-483d-9702-9b93a1fb61d0
  6. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

in XBoX on Windows
    When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...: I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do the OSU1, Will it factory reset on its own and...
  7. Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?: I have made a post like a hour ago saying that I have a problem where my Xbox has a start up error with the code E106. I noticed that there was a second option called offline system update. I...
  8. Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...: After a system update my Xbox one S has been unusable. It would switch on but nothing would load. I followed the steps for an offline reset, this worked for a few days, then the same problem...
  9. How to do an offline system update on Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to do an offline system update on Xbox 360?: Hi! Recently got an Xbox 360 and Kinect. The console says I need to update to use the Kinect but I do not have a network connection in the room the Xbox is in. Does anyone know how to do an...
  10. Offline Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline Update: I have tried every possible way to get the offline update for Xbox Series S on my PC and I keep getting a white screen with the xbox logo going around and around never loading....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one offline update stuck at 58