Official Xbone headset any good?

Discus and support Official Xbone headset any good? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am referring to the official Xbone headset that was recently released, is it worth the £50 askiing price? I am using the standard one that comes with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Horrid H0RRACE, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Official Xbone headset any good?

I am referring to the official Xbone headset that was recently released, is it worth the £50 askiing price? I am using the standard one that comes with every Xbone and while I find the sound decent I might upgrade.

I think it's poor on Microsoft's part to not allow 3rd party headsets without spending £20 for that adapter, does the official headset include the 3rd party adapter too?

:)

Horrid H0RRACE, Mar 25, 2014
  2. B-Mitch905
    B-Mitch905 Guest
    Is the official microsoft xbone stereo headset any good?

That's a steal for that price, and the stereo headset is pretty good. Read some good reviews for it, and it also comes with the stereo adapter, so win/win

B-Mitch905, Mar 25, 2014
  3. Is the official microsoft xbone stereo headset any good?

Where is it $20 at? I wouldn't mind getting it for that price.

NoMansSky_Knack, Mar 25, 2014
  4. Official Xbone headset any good?

I am using them and I find them pretty nice. Comfortable, great sound and the chat is clearer than the standard one. At £50 I'd say they are worth a pop. Great for using at night time gaming too, and the fold away mic is pretty neat. Comes with the adapter
    too.

PlatinumSpectre, Mar 25, 2014
  5. Ooh im good
    Ooh im good Guest
    I have it, An I think its really really good for the price as it also includes the headset adapter which is £20 on its own.

The game sound is passed down the chat cable aswell so they're great for hearing footsteps in COD. Or just having the game osund loud without waking the Mrs at night. They have great bass and are comparable to any sub £100 headset in my opinion.

But the convience of just 1 small cable from the controller to the headset wins for me. Even "wireless" gaming headsets have cables somewhere an they need the chat/talk back cable anyway. An wired gaming headsets have about 10ft of cable which is very annoying.

They're basically a wireless gaming headset.

Ooh im good, Mar 25, 2014
  6. They are easily comparable to Tritton detonators and as Ooh im good stated that one cable from the headset to the controller is great. Although any 3.5mm stereo headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter.
    so shop around you might get a bargain

The Viral Cyrix, Mar 25, 2014
  7. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    Not true ooh I'm good my XP500s are completely wireless, chat is handled via blu tooth. This is the only thing about the One that I find unsatisfactory, I can have completely wire free game sound and chat on the 360 but not this gen? Do these MS headphones
    have the same function as the TBs that the chat sound of your own voice is balanced against the game sound, so that you can still hear yourself no matter how loud game sound is?

John Dowding, Mar 25, 2014
  8. Official Xbone headset any good?

You manage voice and game audio balancing your self

The Viral Cyrix, Mar 25, 2014
  9. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    So the voice chat isn't mixed back into the game sound through the phones?

10. Ooh im good
    Ooh im good Guest
    @Genchy

They're £110 cheaper than XP500's, I only compared them to sub £100 headsets. An although XP500's claim surround sound they only have 1 speaker for ingame sound each side so the suround sound effect won't really be any better than the xbone ones.

£169 For a headset thats been proven to cost £48 to make? No thanks lol.

An voice and game chat come through the head phones, you can set the level of voice chat your self. You can reduce the game sound and increase vioce chat or vice versa. They are not a bad offering for the price considering you get the audio adapter with
    them.

11. Ooh im good
    Ooh im good Guest
    Oh an Genchy,

You still have cables going into the wireless sender on your XP500's and they need a power supply. The Microsoft ones simply use the chat cable for everything.(an yes the chat cable and adapter are in the box)

12. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    So they don't have a sender? Interesting, I'm asking because I am considering getting some, one of the things that was putting me off was having another sender unit and more clutter.

And XP500' are an excellent bit of kit and wireless phones and wireless pad is the best solution! it's far more convenient in so many ways not to have your head tethered to your joypad.

13. marknally
    marknally Guest

I've got them too, the sound is great, connectivity to the pad is good. The only thing i don't like is that you cant hear your own voice which i believe some other headphones do? This means in game your not really sure if your shouting or are too quiet.

marknally, Mar 25, 2014
  14. Was going to get a 3rd party headset costing more but I would need the adapter so I think these will suffice even if they only support Stereo (I might be wrong but I swear I read somewhere Microsoft will patch 7.1 surround sound for these)

Since it's on topic, why can't i send friends voice messages on Xbone? Only option is text....

Horrid H0RRACE, Mar 25, 2014
  15. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    Mark that's what I was asking above? Why can't you here your own voice? Isn't it mixed in with the game channel?

Thema:

1. Official Xbone headset any good? - Similar Threads - Official Xbone headset

2. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  3. What are Official Xbox Magazine Points? Are they still a thing?

in XBoX on Windows
    What are Official Xbox Magazine Points? Are they still a thing?: I recently found out that some of my favourite games have Xbox 360 gamerpics that could be obtained through these magazines. The one I've found is #83 from May 2008 with Portal gamerpics. The...
  4. I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...: On this occasion,Before that, I had got the Java version and bedrock version of Minecraft on the official website, but I couldn't download the installation package on Android devices on the...
  5. i bought the xbox game pass for pc online from xbox official site but after installing the...

in XBoX on Windows
    i bought the xbox game pass for pc online from xbox official site but after installing the...: it displays launching the xbox app screen for a long time but then it says something went wrong try the update again and error code is 0x80070057 please assist quickly my game pass subscription...
  6. A official xbox live wallpaper app

in XboX Insiders
    A official xbox live wallpaper app: Could we get a committee app where we send live wallpapers they then get optimize for the console and put on the app for people to download. the same wallpaper can not be put on it only if it is...
  7. Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?: Are pdp controllers officially licensed products? 8c5edc32-ea34-47c3-9d5d-8d0d4514a68d
  8. Why can’t I join unofficial or official servers on ark ascended?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I join unofficial or official servers on ark ascended?: I have bought ark ascended on my Xbox and I have also bought a nitrado server, whenever I try to join any server on ark ascended the mods download fine but then my screen just stays on “joining...
  9. A problem I've been having with logging in on the official Xbox application.

in XBoX Accessibility
    A problem I've been having with logging in on the official Xbox application.: I have been having this problem for months now. I've tried logging into my Xbox account and it's asked for my PIN, as normal. I've entered it, but it has said "We couldn't do this, try again...
  10. Can you play on official servers with your phone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you play on official servers with your phone.: If you have xbox ultimate game pass and own ark survival ascended, can you play on official servers with your phone. 9175cb42-0d6a-48f8-a67c-7a5e5c3a53da