Odd issue with pc app game and external hard drive.

Discus and support Odd issue with pc app game and external hard drive. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My hard drive started to click so I got an external to save some of my data but right after putting state of decay 2 on the external I was told I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Yout2, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Yout2
    Yout2 Guest

My hard drive started to click so I got an external to save some of my data but right after putting state of decay 2 on the external I was told I can copy my current drive to the external and use it as my main drive so I did but by doing so I reformatted my external with state of decay 2 in it. Every time I try to download the game now it fully downloads but I get an error and there is no download location, I pick it to download into the current xbox folder but it says it cant use that folder and will download to a new location but that new location is the issue, I cant change the location and it keeps failing the install every time. (also turns out it was not the hard drive, sounds like the clicking is coming from the gpu but there are no wires in the way at all, its just clicking when put under heavy use)

:)

Yout2, Dec 11, 2022
  2. Yout2 Win User

I have played it a few times in the last few days and today it has the error again! I cant play it anymore and the game uninstalled its self... I give up at this point, I have no intention on paying for a service that does not work for me, its very likely my pc that is the issue but I can seem to find a fix for it so I plan to save my money.
  3. Yout2 Win User

Not sure what fixed it but after deleting the Xbox app, gaming services and some identifier thing, running 3 different codes in power shell, resetting the Microsoft store, deleting 2 different cache's, updating my graphics card (not a step I was told but did when I seen it was available) and resetting my pc nothing worked! but I took a nap and when I woke up it had the error again and I deleted the errored one and tried again and this time it worked. I have been having tons of issues with the app lately and not only with the external, EA games still refuse to download but I use the EA app for that and it works fine. This app is very confusing sometimes, not even all the error codes are listed in their error code list on their website.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Xbox Series S - 0x800700b7 error

Indeed that's why it's odd that you're getting the error. The games that you're having an issue with are these games stored on your old external hard drive?

Also, when you factory reset your console did you choose keep my games and apps or remove everything?
  5. Francia J. Win User

I bought a game on Xbox one in the Microsoft store but it says that it is having trouble downloading or finding it and to check back later? Help please?

This is odd, do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? A corrupted hard drive may cause issues as we have performed all the necessary steps.
  6. AngelObullets Win User

Fortnite Crashes every time i try to load it (help)

Hi there RipShade

Is your game stored on a external hard drive or a internal hard drive?. This seems odd for it being this quite often for yourself so lets try to get to the bottom of this.

Here is the game dev support page

https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/customer-service

I look forward to your reply, Hopefully it isn't a external hard drive issue causing this crashing issue for you.
Thema:

1. Odd issue with pc app game and external hard drive. - Similar Threads - Odd issue app

2. Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd: My xbox 360 turns on green then after min or show starts flasing red more than 10 times then shuts off Had it in same spot as always... suddenly started yesterday...
  3. Xbox One odd noise - HDD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One odd noise - HDD?: So, I actually still have an original Xbox One 1TB console and it's still running strong! However, just today it's making noises when the next section of a game is loading, (I'm currently...
  4. Odd controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd controller issues: Hi, I'm experiencing a strange issue with my controller while playing PC Gamepass games. The first time I boot a game up and connect my controller (wirelessly) it works absolutely fine. I will...
  5. Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller: Often I have a crackling sound coming from the headset and I have concluded it’s coming from the controller because I have plugged in a different headset and that did not solve it. I am unsure...
  6. Newer 4K disc compatibility issues - Skip Ahead problem or ODD limitation?

in XboX Insiders
    Newer 4K disc compatibility issues - Skip Ahead problem or ODD limitation?: Per the title. Recently the family & I have been watching more movies due to the summer break from school. Every Blu-ray we've played has worked fine. However, it seems that 4K movies are...
  7. Hello Microsoft! I have an odd situation, Please help! :0

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Microsoft! I have an odd situation, Please help! :0: Hello Microsoft, My name is Noa and I use your services at home but particularly for gaming. I know what you're thinking but theirs not much I can do on the Xbox site. when I try to sign in on...
  8. my xbox one's left thumbtack is acting odd

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one's left thumbtack is acting odd: what I mean is sometimes when I try to move my character forward in game I go full up for normal movement and it sometimes thinks im moving the stick slowly like I want to walk slowly is this a...
  9. forza horizon 5 isnt showing up in group posts for some odd reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 isnt showing up in group posts for some odd reason: i know that it could be due to out of date version but everythings up to date so i dont know what the issue is fd9f74ad-cf27-4d99-9635-40358ddd4751
  10. For some odd reason when i try to launch MW 2019 and MW 2 2022 it says 'syncing data' so i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For some odd reason when i try to launch MW 2019 and MW 2 2022 it says 'syncing data' so i...: [img] I dont know why it is doing this 5f40d2cb-9209-4550-bd32-0e380fa4fa96