Odd controller issues

Discus and support Odd controller issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm experiencing a strange issue with my controller while playing PC Gamepass games. The first time I boot a game up and connect my controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TonyShark23, Nov 14, 2023.

1. TonyShark23
    TonyShark23 Guest

Odd controller issues

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange issue with my controller while playing PC Gamepass games. The first time I boot a game up and connect my controller (wirelessly) it works absolutely fine. I will then close the game when finished for the time being. Upon reloading the game later on, my controller will connect. It will bring up the Xbox Game Bar when the button is pressed. It will even make the mouse go away on controller input, however the game no longer recognises any of the controller inputs. It's like it both understands my controller is there and isn't there at the same time.

I am able to remedy by restarting my PC but I thought I'd try to see if this was an issue for anyone else and to see if there was any fixes.

Thanks.

:)

TonyShark23, Nov 14, 2023
  2. The Deftone Win User

Odd controller issues.

Yeah, they are official xbox controllers. Its just weird that the controller that keeps blinking when used on the xbox works perfectly on my PC with absolutely no problems at all. I don't see how it can only be faulty on one platform and perfectly fine on
    another.

Anyway, its too old to replace with a warranty, but at least it still works on the PC, so i can't complain. thanks for the advice guys.
  3. iLuvGunsAndRock Win User

Odd controller issues.

Hi there, The Deftone.

Your controller clearly has a fault, since it is wired please make sure the wire is not bent, stretched , cut etc...

Also, is the non-working controller an official controller or an unofficial controller?

If you find that everyone else's suggestions do not help you, I then suggest you take it back to the store you bought it from, with the receipt and explain to them the problems you are facing. After that they should swap it for a new one.

Hope this helped,

Kind Regards,

Ryan M (DarkLink 900)
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Odd controller issues

Hello TonyShark23, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

It sounds like you're experiencing a specific issue with your controller when playing Game Pass PC games. Currently there have been no reports of this issue, however we are attempting to resolve it with these steps:

1. Make sure your controller firmware is up to date. You can do this by connecting your controller to your PC with a USB cable and using the Xbox Accessories app or Xbox One Controller Updater to check for and apply available firmware updates.

2. Make sure that both the game you are playing and your PC are running the latest updates. Developers often release patches that fix known issues and improve compatibility, so updating to the latest versions can help resolve the issue.

3. Verify that the game you are playing has the correct controller settings enabled. Some games may require you to manually select controller input or configure controller settings within the game options menu.

4. If the problem persists, try disconnecting the controller from your PC and then connecting it again. You can do this by turning off the controller, removing any USB adapters or wireless receivers, and then plugging them back in.

5. If the problem constantly occurs when restarting a game, try restarting the game or your PC. Sometimes temporary problems can be resolved by simply restarting the affected software or the entire system.

6. Make sure there are no other programs or applications running in the background that could interfere with the functionality of the controller. Some programs, such as keyboard/mouse mapping tools or other controller management software, may conflict with the game's recognition of controller input.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  5. FH BRoWNtoWN Win User

Odd controller issues.

Faulty controller you need a replacement, Microsoft can replace it for you if you are in the 90 day warranty.
  6. Meta77 Win User

Odd controller issues.

That is probably caused by a internal problem with that usb port base. ust keep using for pc or just buy a cheap used wireless one.
Thema:

Odd controller issues

1. Odd controller issues - Similar Threads - Odd controller issues

2. Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd: My xbox 360 turns on green then after min or show starts flasing red more than 10 times then shuts off Had it in same spot as always... suddenly started yesterday...
  3. Xbox One odd noise - HDD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One odd noise - HDD?: So, I actually still have an original Xbox One 1TB console and it's still running strong! However, just today it's making noises when the next section of a game is loading, (I'm currently...
  4. Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller: Often I have a crackling sound coming from the headset and I have concluded it’s coming from the controller because I have plugged in a different headset and that did not solve it. I am unsure...
  5. Newer 4K disc compatibility issues - Skip Ahead problem or ODD limitation?

in XboX Insiders
    Newer 4K disc compatibility issues - Skip Ahead problem or ODD limitation?: Per the title. Recently the family & I have been watching more movies due to the summer break from school. Every Blu-ray we've played has worked fine. However, it seems that 4K movies are...
  6. Hello Microsoft! I have an odd situation, Please help! :0

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Microsoft! I have an odd situation, Please help! :0: Hello Microsoft, My name is Noa and I use your services at home but particularly for gaming. I know what you're thinking but theirs not much I can do on the Xbox site. when I try to sign in on...
  7. my xbox one's left thumbtack is acting odd

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one's left thumbtack is acting odd: what I mean is sometimes when I try to move my character forward in game I go full up for normal movement and it sometimes thinks im moving the stick slowly like I want to walk slowly is this a...
  8. forza horizon 5 isnt showing up in group posts for some odd reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 isnt showing up in group posts for some odd reason: i know that it could be due to out of date version but everythings up to date so i dont know what the issue is fd9f74ad-cf27-4d99-9635-40358ddd4751
  9. For some odd reason when i try to launch MW 2019 and MW 2 2022 it says 'syncing data' so i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For some odd reason when i try to launch MW 2019 and MW 2 2022 it says 'syncing data' so i...: [img] I dont know why it is doing this 5f40d2cb-9209-4550-bd32-0e380fa4fa96
  10. Odd issue with pc app game and external hard drive.

in XBoX on Windows
    Odd issue with pc app game and external hard drive.: My hard drive started to click so I got an external to save some of my data but right after putting state of decay 2 on the external I was told I can copy my current drive to the external and use...