odd controller home page problem.

Discus and support odd controller home page problem. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller works on games just fine but when I'm on the home page I cant move it. I can turn the system and controller on and off but just cant use... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by abfvictor, Jan 11, 2014.

1. abfvictor
    abfvictor Guest

My controller works on games just fine but when I'm on the home page I cant move it. I can turn the system and controller on and off but just cant use the controller to move around the homepage. I can voice command around and even use my hands but not the
    controller. Is it possible I turned off that ability or is it some glitch? how do I fix it?

:)

abfvictor, Jan 11, 2014
  2. Odd Controller Problem

Bought a brand new controller, just the original black, less than a month ago.

Was working perfect up until about a week ago...

When I play NHL 14... it acts as if the right stick is pressed down and I cannot pick up the puck at all... as if I'm using the right stick.

Everything else works perfect. There's no physical damage, and the stick feels like it's moving perfectly, it clicks down like normal. You hear it, feel it, everything.

I've tried using Google to find out if there's any solutions... so far nothing I've found works...

I also don't have the receipt anymore cause... well... I've had many controllers and never had anything like this ever happen, kinda assumed it'd be fine (I know, don't assume)

Anyway. Anyone have any ideas? This one boggles my mind. I've tried new batteries, I've tried resynchronizing.... is there some way to "delete" the controller from the Xbox? Then completely redo it?

Anything at all would be greatly appreciated.

BiII The ThriII, Jan 11, 2014
  3. Odd Controller Problem

First you will need to find a friend with a wireless controller. Power it on by the console. And when it fully powers on turn on the controller sync the controller to the xbox to see if the problem persist. You can also try to to find a charge and play plug
    to see if this will help as well. You can go either route to see if this helps out. But let me know how it goes.

Sinister Rage X, Jan 11, 2014
  4. BusGod
    BusGod Guest

Hi CandyKaneKiller,

3 things I would suggest:

1. Lets reboot the system completely. With the console on, press and hold the power button on the console for 5-8 seconds until it shuts off. Unplug the power supply, wait about 30 seconds and then plug it in and reboot. You should see the green splash
    screen upon reboot. It may take a minute to boot all the way to the home screen.

2. Reenroll (pair) your controller
    support.xbox.com/.../connect-a-wireless-controller

3. If all else fails, I would do a System Restore to default configuration.

Let us know how it worked out!

BusGod, Jan 11, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: