Notifications won’t pop up, and can’t accept invites

Discus and support Notifications won’t pop up, and can’t accept invites in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This has been going on for a few days now. I can’t accept invites because I simply don’t get them on my Xbox. The only way I know when I’m invited I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andvaur, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Andvaur
    Andvaur Guest

This has been going on for a few days now. I can’t accept invites because I simply don’t get them on my Xbox. The only way I know when I’m invited I say when I see the notification pop up on my Xbox smart glass app. I go to notifications and I can’t see
    anything. I tried hard reseting, I went into my settings and turned pop up notifications on for everything, I watched YouTube videos and did what they said but nothings working. I don’t get notifications when I’m sent a message but I can still read it.

:)

Andvaur, Mar 12, 2018
  2. Mr.Hair
    Mr.Hair Guest
    Can't see any invites

After the update of the Xbox home screen apparently all of your game invites all suppose to pop up under invitations. None of my friends' invites have been showing up there and it's starting to get really annoying having to always accept the pop up invite
    notification. Anyone else have this problem?

Mr.Hair, Mar 12, 2018
  3. Mr.Hair
    Mr.Hair Guest
    Can't see any invites

After the update of the Xbox home screen apparently all of your game invites all suppose to pop up under invitations. None of my friends' invites have been showing up there and it's starting to get really annoying having to always accept the pop up invite
    notification. Anyone else have this problem?

Mr.Hair, Mar 12, 2018
  4. XA Hobo Pro Win User

Xbox One and the the things I hate

I also forgot to mention the game invite system is really bad.

You invite someone. They have to wait (often minutes) for a notification. They find the notification - click it - back to the game screen. wait.... a pop up appears (with no detail which persons invite you are clicking) you accept it... wait.... and eventually
    you join them. A slow and complicated procedure for something that could be so simple (ie how it was on the 360).
  5. KendallSipe Win User

Messages/Invite notifications not popping up

Similar thing is happening to me, party invites/ game invites and message pings are not popping up when I get them, and they are not showing up in my feed icon( the one next to the sign in button). My friends sent me invites and they never showed up. This
    problem has never happened till today 9/28. I checked my preferences and the box has never been unchecked. My problem may also be related to my Nat type turning strict all of the sudden and not being able to find a teredo id address. I am currently working
    on fixing my nat type issue, but its proving more complex than it used to. Any help to my problem would be greatly appreciated.
  6. eG x Thee Elf Win User

markous,

First, go to Settings, select Preferences, then make sure the notifications are turned on. Next, power cycle your console by holding the power button for 10 seconds or until it turns off. Lastly, boot your console back up and see if you start
    getting notifications. Let us know your results.
  7. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there cfc sideswipe 3,

This topic is fairly older, please create a new topic so the community can provide support for your specific situation. If you're in the Xbox One Preview program as well and the above steps didn't help. You'll want to post this in the Preview Program Forums
    for the best assistance.

Thanks so much!
  8. hiwired Win User

please look at your modem/routers manufacture website to see if there are any firmware updates. Also try a hard reset by holding the power button on console for 6 seconds. once done test your multiplayer connection. If you are still getting strict NAT type
    please look here on ports that need to be opened in your router
    forums.xbox.com/.../157383.aspx
    and here for information on how to open the ports for your router
    http://portforward.com/ if all the ports are opened you shouldn't have any issues.
Thema:

1. Notifications won’t pop up, and can’t accept invites - Similar Threads - Notifications won’t pop

2. Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues: I have several people on my friends list and all of them are friends with me but I have 1 friend that is favorited that will not give notifications, allow you to join his games or allow him to...
  3. Xbox Friend: Notification & Join game Problems

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Friend: Notification & Join game Problems: Out of all my friends, I have one friend that I do not get notifications that they are online, cannot join their games and this is the same for all of his friends. Even with them on his friends...
  4. I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S: Out of the blue I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox, I though it was something in my settings but I have everything on, the only thing I don't get is when people get on notifications and...
  5. New Message Notification Feature Suggestion.

in XboX Insiders
    New Message Notification Feature Suggestion.: Favorited friends messages come through in preview or possibly in full instead of a default xbox notification, double tap xbox guide button or hold to quick respond instead of opening the message...
  6. The navigation and notification sounds don't play

in XboX Insiders
    The navigation and notification sounds don't play: It happens to me with the options that should mute those sounds disabled It happens with the recently released version . It happened to me while I was using a pair of headphones via 3.5mm jack....
  7. How do I stop receiving notifications for getting online when I blocked them?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I stop receiving notifications for getting online when I blocked them?: I have removed someone as a friend and I still get notifications that they're getting online. Thinking this was weird because I only should get notifications about people that are favorited, but...
  8. Xbox SX not getting pop up notification when unlocking achievements

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox SX not getting pop up notification when unlocking achievements: Not sure if it’s a bug or not. The achievement unlocks but doesn’t give a pop up notification. submitted by /u/Timmy2Tap14 [link] [comments]
  9. add more customization to xbox notifications

in XboX Insiders
    add more customization to xbox notifications: it would be nice to have the option to mute the sound of some notifications such as game clip and screenshot because while having a visual feedback is useful, when you start to take at least 2...
  10. Whenever I get a Xbox Game Bar Message Notification it doesn't let me use Game Bar Keybind...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I get a Xbox Game Bar Message Notification it doesn't let me use Game Bar Keybind...: So about 4 months ago I decided to get a new computer and upgrade to Windows 11. it was around March and April where when I would get a Xbox Game Bar Notification I would try to use the Shortcut...