Not receiving codes when trying to change password

Discus and support Not receiving codes when trying to change password in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I changed my password but however I either entered it twice with a typo or it has not been saved correctly. So now I cannot access my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by OJ Bramall, Jul 24, 2023.

1. OJ Bramall
    OJ Bramall Guest

Hi,

Recently I changed my password but however I either entered it twice with a typo or it has not been saved correctly. So now I cannot access my account, however when I go to change my password with 2 factor authentication I receive neither of the recovery codes from phone or email. Im assuming my account is dead at this point as I cannot change this.

Hopefully its a case of only waiting a couple of days, if anyone has experienced a similar issue and gas resolved it please let me know.

I cannot do account recovery due to having 2 factor authentication (which is stupid by the way).

Thanks for any potential support/advice.

:)

OJ Bramall, Jul 24, 2023
  2. OJ Bramall Win User

Update.

I was able to change my password after getting in contact with support.

Appreciate all the ideas for a solution.
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello OJ, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having some trouble when requesting a verification code from Microsoft. Usually, when we don’t receive the code, this means we didn’t type correctly the email or phone we previously registered on our accounts.

You may want to review the verification code troubleshooting guide for more information:

https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/t...

Additionally, you can try recovering the access to your account by using other methods available in this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com...

Lastly, and as a reminder, please notice that no one at Microsoft can change account details or send password reset links to you, this is for security policies.
  4. PlushRelic Win User

Hi, OJ Bramall Hope you doing well!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're facing with your account. Losing access to your account can be frustrating.

I would suggest Contact Support: If waiting and retrying do not yield results, the best course of action is to contact Xbox support team They will be able to verify your identity and assist you in regaining access to your account.

you can contact support here http://support.xbox.com/contact-us. If you don't see the options to request a call back or chat with support, change your category/topic until you do. Billing & Subscriptions and "I don't recognize a charge" usually works.

Please don't hesitate to reply below if you require anymore assistance, Thanks
  5. PlushRelic Win User

Hi,OJ Bramall

No Problem always happy to help just glad your issues was resolved, Have great rest of the day! :)
  6. USERADMIN_085 Win User

Login with Email/Number

Alright, thankyou,,
    i am trying to change my password on "Minecraft" i sent the code 4 times it has been 2 hours and i still have not received a code
Thema:

1. Not receiving codes when trying to change password - Similar Threads - receiving codes trying

2. Flintlock ebon code redeemed but never received.

in XBoX on Windows
    Flintlock ebon code redeemed but never received.: I redeemed a code for the flintlock ebon pack and never received it… I tried it again and then it said already redeemed. i redeemed the code on june 9th and it said i have until the 29th of june...
  3. I am receiving an error code 0x80070057 at launch of the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    I am receiving an error code 0x80070057 at launch of the Xbox app: The problem that I have is with the Xbox App. I am receiving an error code 0x80070057 at launch of the app. I have spent days trying every fix It. Trouble shooting includes reinstalling and...
  4. I am receiving an error code when I try to open any online game. The error code is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am receiving an error code when I try to open any online game. The error code is...: I have over the last year been encountering this error. There are times that I can play like normal but then the error comes back randomly. It at times will last for a few days to weeks. It is...
  5. Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.: I'm able to download other apps such as netflix fine. Ive even tried to download it from the xbox website and get problems there too. Ive reset the store and gone through all troubleshooting tips...
  6. Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything: Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: I continuously get error 0x80830003 when playing on the cloud. I have reset my console (keeping saves and games), reset my console a second time (deleting everything...
  7. So when I try to add my phone number into my account I receive the text code and then it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So when I try to add my phone number into my account I receive the text code and then it...: So when trying to use my Xbox rewards account to redeem for a gift card it tells me I have to add a phone number to my Microsoft account . I follow the on screen instruction and enter the code it...
  8. Someone is trying to access my account. I keep receiving security codes in my email that I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone is trying to access my account. I keep receiving security codes in my email that I...: I have received 2 request codes since yesterday evening that I never sent and I cannot figure out how to directly get in contact with microsoft to ensure that I am secure. What can I do....
  9. I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC: I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC (Xbox Game Pass for PC, Windows 11). The only one solution is reinstalling the game (140 GB!) everytime I want to...
  10. Receiving error code "0x80070002" while trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code "0x80070002" while trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator: So I recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my system and tried to reinstall MSFS back on my system. I received the error code "0x80070002" while trying to install it. And before you ask, I:...