Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset?

Discus and support Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just an update. The sync problem goes away when the headset adaptor is not plugged in. Hopefully this will assist MS with replicating the issue and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mazzey, Mar 8, 2014.

  1. Noakespg
    Noakespg Guest

    Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset?


    Just an update. The sync problem goes away when the headset adaptor is not plugged in. Hopefully this will assist MS with replicating the issue and finding a software fix.
     
    Noakespg, Mar 10, 2014
    #16
  2. Noakespg
    Noakespg Guest
    Further update. Still no fix. Every time the adaptor is used, update prompt comes up.
     
    Noakespg, Mar 29, 2014
    #17
  3. Have the same problem with my official MS headset. I've been trying all features, but nothing works. Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset? :(
     
    MifigueMiraizin, Mar 30, 2014
    #18
  4. Scr3wdriver
    Scr3wdriver Guest

    Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset?

    I'm having the same problem!
     
    Scr3wdriver, Oct 31, 2018
    #19
  5. Noakespg Win User

    Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset?

    Further update. Still no fix. Every time the adaptor is used, update prompt comes up.
  6. S4W Win User

    Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset?

    You have to have the battery plugged in as well as a USB cable to updated the controllers. I updated my controller that I usually use (had the battery plugged in) and then tried to do my spare only for it to fail twice. I popped in the battery pack and it
    updated just fine so I think it needs the battery plugged in.
  7. CrackinBacks Win User

    Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset?

    Will the controller update without the adapter plugged in? I haven't updated my controller yet.
  8. Mazzey Win User

    Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset?

    Ayumifan, I was actually using that as my original set-up guide. However, everything has been securely connected and reconnected several times over. It just doesn't seem to want to update for me. Oh well. After better review of this forum it seems many individuals
    are having similar problems. I'm sure this will be addressed soon enough.
  9. Mazzey Win User

    Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset?

    I think you seem to be ignorant, or mistaken.

    I know very well that I can go to the settings to update the controller. A pop-up message also appears on screen when I plug the controller with the adapter attached that I have to 'update my controller.'

    It is when I click yes and actually TRY to update it, that it attempts to, and fails.

    Now, do you have any helpful answers?
Thema:

Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset?

Loading...
  1. Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset? - Similar Threads - receiving adapter controller

  2. I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update: Basically, I was in the Xbox Insider Program years ago, and I joined again when I found out Mythic Achievements had been added. I’m in the Delta ring, but I still haven’t received the update. Is...
  3. Omega Players not receiving any preview

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega Players not receiving any preview: Since no one in the moderation team has made statements about it, I’ll make a post. Me as well as others in the Omega Ring haven’t received any of the previews even ones from September 1st. Most...
  4. Omega users who have not received the update, please read below. Support link provided.

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega users who have not received the update, please read below. Support link provided.: I'm seeing a lot of posts, and just figured this out talking to another user so figured I'd share the info. This is directly from Xbox and insider support....
  5. Disc To Digital - Omega - Anyone received it?

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc To Digital - Omega - Anyone received it?: As title states, anyone in Omega ring receive the update for disc to digital yet? submitted by /u/Hot_Phrase730 [link] [comments]
  6. I have the Day One Achievement code redeemed in my account, but I haven't received my badge.

    in XboX Insiders
    I have the Day One Achievement code redeemed in my account, but I haven't received my badge.: For context, I redeemed the Day One Achievement code on my Xbox, but I still haven't received the new Day One badge. I tried contacting support, and they said they can't help me, so I'm posting...
  7. Never Received the Microsoft 50th anniversary badge

    in XboX Insiders
    Never Received the Microsoft 50th anniversary badge: I noticed that some of my friends have the badge on their profiles. I remember joining the preview and checking it periodically, but it hasn’t appeared on my profile yet. Has this happened to...
  8. Badge Xbox Live Gold 2002-2023 never received

    in XboX Insiders
    Badge Xbox Live Gold 2002-2023 never received: Hi, I'm sure many of you have never received the 2002-2023 Xbox Live Gold badge, which can be viewed on your Xbox profile. I've been an Xbox Live Gold member for several years, and I don't...
  9. Received legitimate email with wrong gamertag

    in XboX Insiders
    Received legitimate email with wrong gamertag: I post this here following advice from your tech support on the live chat. I received an email from [xbox@e.xbox.com](mailto:xbox@e.xbox.com) regarding the age verification in the UK. The...
  10. How can I get the Xbox gold badge? I've had gold in the past but never received it

    in XboX Insiders
    How can I get the Xbox gold badge? I've had gold in the past but never received it: I didn't know the best place to ask submitted by /u/purdyferrari [link] [comments]