Not getting Minecraft Java free although I got bedrock before june 7th 2021

Discus and support Not getting Minecraft Java free although I got bedrock before june 7th 2021 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have Minecraft Bedrock since 2020 and it is now june tenth and it won't say get instead of buy so what is the issue.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Silverstaff, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Silverstaff
    Silverstaff Guest

I have Minecraft Bedrock since 2020 and it is now june tenth and it won't say get instead of buy so what is the issue.

:)

Silverstaff, Jul 2, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello Silverstaff!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Apparently this is happening with some users.

The promotion may take a few days to be available on the user's account.

On the official page, it says that you don't need to take any action to get the promotion, so I advise you to wait a little for that.

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/java---...

Here's the official game article
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Minecraft Bedrock is showing up as owned, and is fully playable. Yet it says I don't have java edition, even though I have had bedrock in my library before June 7th.

Hello WUTcappy,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems there might be a misunderstanding regarding the eligibility for the Minecraft Java and Bedrock Edition bundle. According to the information provided by Minecraft, starting June 7, 2022, all players that have either Java Edition or Bedrock Edition will receive the edition they do not currently own for free, right in the Minecraft Launcher. This means that if you owned the Bedrock Edition before June 7th, you should be eligible to receive the Java Edition for free. See: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC is out on June 7 | Minecraft

However, it's important to note that having played the Java Edition through Game Pass does not grant ownership of the Java Edition. The offer applies to players who have purchased either the Java or Bedrock Edition before the specified date1.

If you're certain that you had Bedrock Edition in your library before June 7th and are still unable to access Java Edition, I recommend the following steps:

1. Check the Minecraft Launcher: Make sure you're using the latest version of the Minecraft Launcher and that you're logged in with the correct account that owns the Bedrock Edition. You can uninstall and reinstall Minecraft launcher to make sure you are running the most updated one.
    2. Wait for the Rollout: It might take 2 to 3 days for the game to show up as the rollout to all eligible players is in progress.
    3. Contact Support: If after waiting, you still don't see the Java Edition in your launcher, you should contact Minecraft support for assistance. They can look into your account details and clarify the situation regarding your eligibility. Go to this link: Contact Us | Minecraft Help
    Remember to provide them with any relevant information, such as proof of purchase or account details, to help resolve the issue more efficiently. I hope this helps, and you get access to both editions soon!

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Jadalee Lindsay1 Win User

Microsoft does not recognize my purchase in June 24, 2020 of Minecraft Bedrock edition from minecraft.net so I cannot get the java edition

So, how was it said that if you had the bedrock edition of Minecraft before june 7 then you'd get the java edition?
  5. Astronut365 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 not owned by me anymore?

Also again my order history will NOT say I purchased Minecraft because I did not. As stated before, I got minecraft bedrock because Mojang gave a free code to redeem Bedrock for all Mojang users that purchased Java Edition before a certain date see article below:

How do I get free bedrock if I have Java? (wikilivre.org)

"Windows 10 has the legacy Java Edition as well as the modern Bedrock Edition. If you bought the Java Edition before October 19, 2018, you can redeem a free copy of the Bedrock Edition. You can also buy the Windows 10 edition directly from Microsoft for $20."

I did redeem this code, so again what gives?
  6. VesperUnicorn57 Win User

(Minecraft) Why have I not received my vanilla cape?

It is now December and nearly 2 MONTHS after they estimated the cape to roll out. I have not received the cape on Minecraft Bedrock Edition or in the Minecraft Launcher. I have owned Bedrock for Years and got Java through a redemption code on Black Friday 2021 they are on the same Microsoft account and both on PC. I even launched both of the through the same launcher before June 6th (the deadline for owning both editions) I have Video and Photo evidence to prove it. As far as I can tell the system for rolling out the Vanilla Cape has a bug. I would like to know who to message or talk to to get this resolved. Thank You

-
Thema:

1. Not getting Minecraft Java free although I got bedrock before june 7th 2021 - Similar Threads - getting Minecraft Java

2. How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition: Hello During the merge of Minecraft and Microsoft I somehow lost access to my copy of Minecraft. I tried support to get it back but kind of gave up. Now I've realized I still have an email of the...
  3. Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...: Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock edition on my PC windows 11? I have already made sure my PC is up to date, has storage, and I'm signed...
  4. I have bedrock minecraft and apparently i can get java minecraft for free because i have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have bedrock minecraft and apparently i can get java minecraft for free because i have...: it says on the minecraft website ppl who have bedrock can get free java mc and vice versa, but whenever i check or follow the steps, it doesnt say anywhere to get java for free...
  5. Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...: I can't get MINECRAFT to play on my kid's computers. It keeps asking for another $29.99 per account even though we are all linked under the Microsoft Family App. This is extremely frustrating....
  6. if i have minecraft in the nintendo switch how i can get java on my pc?

in XBoX Accessibility
    if i have minecraft in the nintendo switch how i can get java on my pc?: i tryed to login whit my account microsoft on my nintendo but i can't even see bedrock on minecraft launcher 0f8fc143-85ba-41cf-9748-c60f401cd428
  7. cannot get into minecraft java

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot get into minecraft java: cannot get into minecraft java after we paid.how do i solve the problem? fcd735e2-d4ce-4874-a6f1-a1fb19c291d3
  8. Why didnt i get my cape on my java edition of minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why didnt i get my cape on my java edition of minecraft?: Simple as the title states. i didnt get my cape and my friend did. Ive checked my accounts everywhere i can and still nothing. Please help i want the cape. b898d3f1-e2b5-4560-9ba9-3f51942a0969
  9. i bought minecraft bedrock and java before 6/6/2022 and didnt get the vannila cape

in XBoX Accessibility
    i bought minecraft bedrock and java before 6/6/2022 and didnt get the vannila cape: i bought minecraft bedrock and java before 6/6/2022 and didnt get the vannila cape 5312ff54-e196-4495-a296-3f2073a9ee5a
  10. I can not get java edition for free when i own the minecraft for windows version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not get java edition for free when i own the minecraft for windows version: Hello I have had issues with claiming the java edition of minecraft on both the xbox app and the microsoft store. Instead of showing get all it says is the price to pay. I do not know why i...