Not getting game and system sound via headset. But still getting chat sound. How do I fix this?

Discus and support Not getting game and system sound via headset. But still getting chat sound. How do I fix this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Not getting game and system sound via headset. But still getting chat sound. How do I fix this? 7d80fa03-30d1-4e7e-be51-e0d4e5329546 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShahidHannan, Feb 17, 2020.

1. ShahidHannan
    ShahidHannan Guest

Not getting game and system sound via headset. But still getting chat sound. How do I fix this?

:)

ShahidHannan, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Sounds like your chat/game mixer is pushed all the way towards chat. If you hit you menu button there is a little place for sound settings. You just need to go there and slide the slider to to your preferred sound preferences
  3. Zdubleu Win User

Go in to your volume and output settings on the console and ensure your settings allow the game sound as well.
  4. RautenbachMichael Win User

RAZER ELECTRA V2 IS NOT WORKING ON XBOX ONE

I only get the party chat on my headset. I do not get any of the game sound on the headset
  5. sagggas Win User

Unable to use chat headset and HDMI surround sound on OneX and SeriesX

Hi John,

I've pasted your most recent here and replied in green.

Thank you. And to be clear so that I can make sure I am understanding correctly, the behavior you're expecting is that when plugging in a mono headset it is for not just chat but to pass game and chat audio to the headset? No, ideally, only chat audio goes to headset, but I'm ok if game and chat come thru as long as the current game/chat balance slider is available. I move the slider all the way to chat so no game audio comes thru the headset.

or is the mono headset only meant to pass chat while the surround sound system continues to cast game and console audio and is switching the TV/Surround sound audio from its settings? Like I mentioned above, I'm flexible with how it's implemented. The main requirement is that if any headset is plugged into the controller, it does not automatically turn off audio out via HDMI to my TV/Surround. Plugging in a headset should still allow Dolby Digital, DTS, Atmos, etc. to flow thru HDMI via ARC, eARC, or direct to a receiver.

Thus when unplugging the surround sound system works as intended but does not work as intended when a mono headset is plugged in. I don't understand this comment. The Xbox does not work as expected when a headset is plugged in because surround sound is no longer passed out via HDMI. If no headset is plugged in, the Xbox will pass surround sound out via HDMI as I expect it to.

With the sony headset are you trying to pass all sound through the headset? or through the headset and the surround sound system? I don't use the Sony headset normally. I only tested it so I could provide you an additional data point and to demonstrate that the Xbox turns off HDMI audio out whenever ANY headset is plugged into the controller.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or comments.
  6. XBF John Win User

Unable to use chat headset and HDMI surround sound on OneX and SeriesX

Thank you. And to be clear so that I can make sure I am understanding correctly, the behavior you're expecting is that when plugging in a mono headset it is for not just chat but to pass game and chat audio to the headset? or is the mono headset only meant to pass chat while the surround sound system continues to cast game and console audio and is switching the TV/Surround sound audio from its settings? Thus when unplugging the surround sound system works as intended but does not work as intended when a mono headset is plugged in.

With the sony headset are you trying to pass all sound through the headset? or through the headset and the surround sound system?

Thanks,

John
Thema:

1. Not getting game and system sound via headset. But still getting chat sound. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - getting game system

2. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  3. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  4. How do i get better connection with my games so I don't lag out

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i get better connection with my games so I don't lag out: How do I get better connection for my Game 4688434d-a986-4c3f-91cb-f7edbde9c348
  5. Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...: I was looking through my profile and then I saw that almost half of my game clips and screenshots are gone I'm wondering what happened and can I get them back cuz I never deleted them...
  6. games crash xbox freezes get systems errors

in XBoX on Consoles
    games crash xbox freezes get systems errors: My xbox games would freeze and crash out of no where i would restart my xbox and everything and today whenever i tried to get on my xbox i get a system error e102 00000c01 80070003 i even asked...
  7. i cant launch any game on the xbox app i get a system error (-2015294512) i bought xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant launch any game on the xbox app i get a system error (-2015294512) i bought xbox...: i get a system error (-2015294512) i bought xbox gamepass but now i cant play any games C:\Program Files\windowsApps\Microsoft.BadgerWin10_1.17.24827.0_x64__8w...\GameLaunchHelper.exe...
  8. Can we get a game system for hardworking busy adults?

in XboX Insiders
    Can we get a game system for hardworking busy adults?: Ok so my wife and I work abroad we have internet about once every two months for a day or two. Yesterday our external took a crap on itself. So last night I started redownloading 1.9 terabytes of...
  9. Cant get free one month game pass since my reward account is not detected by the system

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant get free one month game pass since my reward account is not detected by the system: got an email from *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** stating that im eligible for a free one month game pass. but clicking on that link takes me to...
  10. Can anyone tell me how I can get a game back on my system.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can anyone tell me how I can get a game back on my system.: Does anyone know how to get a game back that has been on my console from when I purchased Xbox one s. Had a problem with it loading, so reset my console. Now.it says it is installed but, will not...