Not being able to redeem code without adding in credit card

Discus and support Not being able to redeem code without adding in credit card in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to redeem my gift card code, yet for some reason it wont let me do that unless I add recurring credit card. How do I fix this? [img]... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LegacyMeme, Feb 22, 2021.

1. LegacyMeme
    LegacyMeme Guest

I want to redeem my gift card code, yet for some reason it wont let me do that unless I add recurring credit card. How do I fix this?
    Not being able to redeem code without adding in credit card [​IMG]

:)

LegacyMeme, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Daft Badger Win User

It's because the code is for a subscription so you need to add a credit/debit card or paypal account,there's no way around this.

Once you've redeemed the code you can turn off auto renewal & remove the credit/debit card if you want.
  3. CWB iPhaze Win User

If your digital code or gift card for Xbox isn’t working correctly, or if you’re receiving an error message when you try to redeem it, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/redeem-codes-gifting/digital-code-solution

Best of luck!
  4. Georges C. Win User

why does my Microsoft store freeze when i’m redeeming my ultimate code?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Welcome to the community.

Hello Thomas, you have a payment method added to your account, such as a credit card or Paypal account, without a payment method you will not be able to redeem the subscription code.

Payment Options

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments
  5. T U B B Y DC Win User

I cannot redeem my 12month code on the Xbox One or Xbox.com

Added a credit card, still showing the same error when I redeem the code. smh
  6. Christian21J Win User

Can't download.

I am gold,i expires in about 3 weeks,i bought it via redeemable code

I never added paypal as a payment option because i was somewhat able to redeem any code i want before the account migration. I wanted to add paypal this time as a payment option instead of the credit card and see if it works...but i ned a credit card,even
    for paypal.
Thema:

1. Not being able to redeem code without adding in credit card - Similar Threads - being able redeem

2. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  3. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  4. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  5. How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?: I recently started playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint and noticed I was unable to hear voicelines entirely or they sounded like they were speaking from 50 meters away when the character...
  6. Question on Xbox elite controller 2 being able to get refurbished.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question on Xbox elite controller 2 being able to get refurbished.: So I bought an xbox elite controller 2 not too long ago and I want to get the plastic on the right and left bumpers replaced as well as getting the controller joysticks undusted since I think...
  7. Not being able to mash

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to mash: So I’ve been playing Sonic friends on my X box series X and I’m at the Giganto boss fight, when the section comes that I had to button mash it dosent register all my mashes and I can’t do it, like...
  8. Is there a fix for not being able to log in on lords of the fallen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a fix for not being able to log in on lords of the fallen: I keep selecting the log in prompt in game but it doesn't log in. Also I'm not able to play multiplayer anymore. 44f5abdc-39d3-490b-9509-9698ce6fb705
  9. How can I fix not being able to link my discord to my xbox.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I fix not being able to link my discord to my xbox.: I have tried many times to re link my discord but it always says I need to relink it I know it isn't an issue with discord because I tried making a new discord account and the same thing happened....
  10. I can't open Minecraft Launcher, which leads to me not being able to run Minecraft Java....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't open Minecraft Launcher, which leads to me not being able to run Minecraft Java....: Even though I own it, Xbox still gives me the option of buying/installing it. If I try on the app, it gives me an error with no specifications, and if I try on the browser, it just reloads and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do i need to put billing information for pre paid xbox card