Not being able to connect to a server on discord on xbox

Discus and support Not being able to connect to a server on discord on xbox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi I've been having issues with connecting to a server or just connecting at all at this point to a server or even transferring a call to my xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ShaiTea, Apr 18, 2023.

1. ShaiTea
    ShaiTea Guest

Hi I've been having issues with connecting to a server or just connecting at all at this point to a server or even transferring a call to my xbox through discord and it doesnt seem to work its worked in the past but today it doesnt work i'll connect it says connecting and it loads and after it just says "Sorry looks like you were disconnected. Try connecting again." I do and it still pops up with the same stuff can anyone help

:)

ShaiTea, Apr 18, 2023
  2. Redd Martindale Win User

Mine just started doing it today. Wouldn't be shocked if this was a way for Microsoft to mess with gamers.
  3. Sneak e Snake Win User

Having the same issue that recently started this past week. It tries to connect a d disconnects as OP stated. But some times it will work just fine. Tried the suggestions here but none worked. I think we need a way to hard quit the discord app like we do when quick resume messes up for games.

Hope it fixes soon as I cross play with PC folks and can't see going back to Xbox party chat and it's lack of noise filters
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hello, ShaiTea! I appreciate you trying the steps. Kindly also perform a power cycke. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds and then plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Then go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.

Select the Enable remote features checkbox.

Under Power options, select Sleep. Please refer to this link as your guide: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-soc...

If it persists, I suggest you contact Discord team for further troubleshooting: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, ShaiTea! I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Let's try some steps to isolate the issue. Kindly go to your Xbox Settings. Select Network Settings > Advanced Settings. Under Change Settings select Alternate MAC Address> select Clear. Allow the console to restart when prompted then try connecting to a server.

If that did not work, try changing your DNS. Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings > manual

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

then check again.
  6. medicIsBored Win User

also having the same issue can't talk to my pc friends because i keep getting the connecting disconnecting thing
Thema:

1. Not being able to connect to a server on discord on xbox - Similar Threads - being able connect

2. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  3. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  4. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  5. How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?: I recently started playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint and noticed I was unable to hear voicelines entirely or they sounded like they were speaking from 50 meters away when the character...
  6. Question on Xbox elite controller 2 being able to get refurbished.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question on Xbox elite controller 2 being able to get refurbished.: So I bought an xbox elite controller 2 not too long ago and I want to get the plastic on the right and left bumpers replaced as well as getting the controller joysticks undusted since I think...
  7. Not being able to mash

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to mash: So I’ve been playing Sonic friends on my X box series X and I’m at the Giganto boss fight, when the section comes that I had to button mash it dosent register all my mashes and I can’t do it, like...
  8. Is there a fix for not being able to log in on lords of the fallen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a fix for not being able to log in on lords of the fallen: I keep selecting the log in prompt in game but it doesn't log in. Also I'm not able to play multiplayer anymore. 44f5abdc-39d3-490b-9509-9698ce6fb705
  9. How can I fix not being able to link my discord to my xbox.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I fix not being able to link my discord to my xbox.: I have tried many times to re link my discord but it always says I need to relink it I know it isn't an issue with discord because I tried making a new discord account and the same thing happened....
  10. How can i fix my Xbox one not being able to connect to game servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i fix my Xbox one not being able to connect to game servers?: Ive been trying to play Fortnite on my xbox one but every time i try i get an error message that says it couldnt connect to epic games servers (ESP-BUIMET-003 error), it also happens with Warzone...