Not able to redeem prepaid gold cards due to account billing locked

Discus and support Not able to redeem prepaid gold cards due to account billing locked in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I bought a xbox live gold 3 month prepaid card for my account. But when I redeemed it, it said I couldn't use it due to my account billing be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ViciousPumaNZL, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Not able to redeem prepaid gold cards due to account billing locked

So I bought a xbox live gold 3 month prepaid card for my account. But when I redeemed it, it said I couldn't use it due to my account billing be locked, this may be due to me using my mums debit card, which I used with her permission but somehow xbox assumes
    I stole it!! I'm not parring them cause that may be due to me taking my fathers last name and not my mums and they want to protect accounts from people who steal cards but please I would really like to hop online and use gold again. Everytime I try redeeming
    it a Status code of 80154007 pops up, and I put it in the status code finder o the xbox site but says it doesn't exist. Xbox please fix or contact me so we may sort the situation. Much appreciation for reading, if anyone would like to help somehow feel free.

:)

ViciousPumaNZL, Feb 16, 2017
  2. Huguins
    Huguins Guest

Do you resolve this issue? I have the same error with my 3 month code. I got error code: 80154007

Huguins, Feb 16, 2017
  3. Not able to redeem prepaid gold cards due to account billing locked

So I bought a xbox live gold 3 month prepaid card for my account. But when I redeemed it, it said I couldn't use it due to my account billing be locked, this may be due to me using my mums debit card, which I used with her permission but somehow xbox assumes
    I stole it!! I'm not parring them cause that may be due to me taking my fathers last name and not my mums and they want to protect accounts from people who steal cards but please I would really like to hop online and use gold again. Everytime I try redeeming
    it a Status code of 80154007 pops up, and I put it in the status code finder o the xbox site but says it doesn't exist. Xbox please fix or contact me so we may sort the situation. Much appreciation for reading, if anyone would like to help somehow feel free.

ViciousPumaNZL, Feb 16, 2017
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

for this issue it seems best that you contact Xbox Support via Phone or Microsoft Support Chat, which can be done via
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

The Xbox Support people are the only ones that can assist with payment option issues, like yours.

I hope they can help you sort this issue quickly.
  6. Huguins Win User

Do you resolve this issue? I have the same error with my 3 month code. I got error code: 80154007
  7. WPAK Win User

8. XBF Chris J Win User

Customer service

Hey Lori,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. What error message do you get when you try to redeem the code? Is this a gold card or a currency card? Keep in mind that the gold card will not work if you have a past due gold sub charge on your account.

Also, try redeeming the code from both the website, and the console. Make sure you log into the correct account before redeeming the code :

How to redeem gift cards and codes

Hope this helps!
  9. Smwutches Win User

Expat Account - Moved from UK - Australia

Unfortunately there is no way to change your account's region. You may be able to use prepaid gold cards, but you won't be able to purchase anything through Xbox with an Australian card on a UK account. MS Points card are region locked so you won't be able
    to add points to your account with a prepaid card though.
Thema:

1. Not able to redeem prepaid gold cards due to account billing locked - Similar Threads - able redeem prepaid

2. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  3. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  4. When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...: My screen says in description that it can run 1440p at 120fps for console gaming(AOC 1440p 155hz adaptive sync) but when i try to set my resolution to 1440p it wont let me use 120hz only 60hz and...
  5. Anyone else not able to get a good NAT?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else not able to get a good NAT?: So, like the title says, I can’t get a good NAT or get the Terdeo IP, I’m not sure why, I’ve follow every step on the help page and called my ISP and had them help me reset my network. This is a...
  6. When will South Africa be able to redeem rewards on Microsoft rewards on Xbox I’ve tried...

in XBoX on Windows
    When will South Africa be able to redeem rewards on Microsoft rewards on Xbox I’ve tried...: Hi hope you are well when will South Africa be able to redeem Microsoft rewards on Xbox because it says I cannot log in and I’ve checked on internet and YouTube nothing works...
  7. Am i able to move over money that i redeemed on my pc over to my xbox to buy vbucks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am i able to move over money that i redeemed on my pc over to my xbox to buy vbucks: For Christmas I was given a 50 euro redeem code for Xbox but since I had finished setting up my pc I thought that I could just redeem it on my pc and then spend some of it on fortnite on my pc but...
  8. If I redeem an xbox live code for fortnite on my Microsoft account will I be able to claim...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I redeem an xbox live code for fortnite on my Microsoft account will I be able to claim...: So I was thinking of purchasing an Xbox live code for a fortnite item online but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to claim it through cloud gaming since I don't have an Xbox to claim it through. If I...
  9. Would I be able to redeem this Roblox Xbox Giftcard on Windows?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Would I be able to redeem this Roblox Xbox Giftcard on Windows?: I just bought the "10,000 Robux for Xbox" item on the Microsoft Store thinking that I could redeem it on Windows. Is there anyway I would be able to redeem the item on Windows?...
  10. To be able to transfer gift cards redeemed on the wrong account to the correct one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    To be able to transfer gift cards redeemed on the wrong account to the correct one.: I was told to write this here so it will bring attention to this problem, so I have. I just hope they will be able to add an option to be able to transfer it to the correct account or something....