Not able to connect Xbox Chatpad or audio headset to new Xbox Controller

Discus and support Not able to connect Xbox Chatpad or audio headset to new Xbox Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Posting here because neither the "Contact Support or Virtual Agent" were of any use for this issue. My wife bought me a new Cyberpunk 2077 controller.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jett204, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Jett204
    Jett204 Guest

Posting here because neither the "Contact Support or Virtual Agent" were of any use for this issue.

My wife bought me a new Cyberpunk 2077 controller. I went to start to use it and found my xbox chatpad and my Turtle Beach XO7 headset would not work. In the case of the chatpad it just doesn't fit, and if i just plug in my headset directly no audio comes through. Over the years i've gone through quite a few controllers including a series one elite with no issues. The controller firmware is up to date and the chat pad is a model 1676 if that helps. I'm switching to this newer controller because the stick drift on my existing is getting impossible.

If the accessories have worked on all my previous controllers, why would they not fit or work with this new one?

Has anyone encountered something similar or has any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Jett204, Feb 3, 2021
  2. Frathos Win User

Headset/Mic Not Working

Are you using the Turtle Beach audio controller and/or Microsoft chatpad adapters too? If so, try unplugging them and connect the headset directly to the controller if it has a 3.5mm plug. I had an issue with one or both of those with my TB XO Four for
    awhile and I had to direct connect the headset until a new dashboard update was released.
  3. Ice DjKilla Win User

Chatpad Orange Button Blinking after Update

Hello yammerbox.

See the quote below:

Connecting the Xbox One Chatpad for the first time

You must update both your Xbox One console and your Xbox One Controller for the Xbox One Chatpad to work correctly. Follow these steps:

Update your console to the most recent Xbox One operating system. The chatpad requires your console to have a November 2015 (or later) update. For more information, see Xbox One operating system versions and system updates.

Turn on your Xbox One Controller.

Insert the chatpad into the controller.

Update your Xbox One Controller. The orange LED will blink to indicate that it's connected and requires an update. See Update your Xbox One Controller for more information.

Connect a 3.5-mm audio headset cable to the chatpad. For more information, see Connecting a compatible headset to Xbox One.

Here is the link to the above information:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-chatpad-info

The orange blinking light means it needs an update, it says "You must update both your Xbox One console and your Xbox One Controller for the Xbox One Chatpad to work correctly."

Since your using it with your PC, attach a micro usb cable, run a update scan for Windows & Microsoft updates, and make sure all drivers are installed.
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

Xbox One Headset and Chatpad

Would it be this one?

If it is that one "Please note that for the original XB1 controller audio and chat will not be transmitted as that controller required an adapter to use both audio and chat, however the chatpad keyboard functions will still work with this controller"

Have you tried simply plugging your headset in to see if you can get it to work.
  5. StonyDeer431886 Win User

Headset / Mic Not Working

why thanks i have tried connecting the chatpad to multiple controllers i have unplugged and plugged the headset back in i even tried to use the restart my xbox and nothing works and the chatpad is only six months old so its fairly new
  6. gds1972 Win User

Xbox controller 3.5 mm jack bent when headset was bent plugged in

Hi

I think the option to repair controllers is now only available if the controller is still under warranty apart from that you will most likely need to purchase a replacement.

Alternately you may be able to purchase the
    stereo headset adapter
    stereo headset
    (that I think comes with the adapter) or
    chatpad
    that should allow you to connect your headset to it.
Thema:

1. Not able to connect Xbox Chatpad or audio headset to new Xbox Controller - Similar Threads - able connect Chatpad

2. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  3. not able to connect to my wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    not able to connect to my wireless network: i want to connect to my wireless network but when i click on ‘set up wireless network’ none of the available connections show up help c85f6820-475c-4935-8fcb-a995801b74b7
  4. Will Beats Flex headphones be able to connect via Bluetooth to a Xbox series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Beats Flex headphones be able to connect via Bluetooth to a Xbox series x?: I’ve been looking into buying these beats in ear headphones and was wondering if they would be able to connect to my series x. If not would they connect to my windows 11 pc?...
  5. If i delete my microsoft account that is connected to my ps4 for minecraft will i be able...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If i delete my microsoft account that is connected to my ps4 for minecraft will i be able...: I have a microsoft account connected to my ps4 for minecraft and i do not want it anymore and i'd very much like to connect a new one to it but you cannot just switch them because it is for some...
  6. I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able...: I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able to detect and connect to 5ghz wifi . Is there any solution or i have to replace the unit?...
  7. I’m not able to play multiplayer on minecraft bedrock edition, all it says is connecting to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m not able to play multiplayer on minecraft bedrock edition, all it says is connecting to...: I have tried to get it to work and is has only 2 times what do i do? 529a2a59-88b5-4c1d-92b0-b458caba2b9c
  8. Discord keeps disconnecting and not able to connect for a while

in XboX Insiders
    Discord keeps disconnecting and not able to connect for a while: anyone having an issue where Discord just disconnects you from VC and doesn’t let you join and just tells you “sorry looks like you were disconnected” its been happening a lot lately and this...
  9. Im not able to connect with my xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im not able to connect with my xbox app: So im trying to screenshare on discord i previously setup my xbox on the same phone but out of nowhere i now need to do all of this whenever i try i do it perfectly but for no reason it says...
  10. How can i fix my Xbox one not being able to connect to game servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i fix my Xbox one not being able to connect to game servers?: Ive been trying to play Fortnite on my xbox one but every time i try i get an error message that says it couldnt connect to epic games servers (ESP-BUIMET-003 error), it also happens with Warzone...