Not able to connect to the network with a Xbox 360 Ethernet Cable!

Discus and support Not able to connect to the network with a Xbox 360 Ethernet Cable! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, So I am wanting to connect to xbox live with an ethernet cable, however when i test XBL connection it has a big red X in the middle of xbox 360... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LA xThiZz, Jun 26, 2014.

1. LA xThiZz
    LA xThiZz Guest

Hello,

So I am wanting to connect to xbox live with an ethernet cable, however when i test XBL connection it has a big red X in the middle of xbox 360 and Network.

I have tried different Ethernet Cables, I have all ports forwarded, My connection works with a wireless adapter, but I need to connect via ethernet cable. I have tried resetting my router, UnpNp is enabled DMZ disabled.

My ISP cannot do anything they said so I'm coming here to ask. Let me explain the way everything is connected.

I have a Modem downstairs with a couple computers. Upstairs I have a wireless usb adapter (which boosts my wifi connection) and then I have my computer and my xbox right next to each other. I have the ethernet cable running from my xbox to my computer. Which
    the wireless usb adapter is connected to the computer, picking up the wifi signal from downstairs making it stronger.

Now this has worked before, but it has stopped working since i've tried. Any suggestions?

:)

LA xThiZz, Jun 26, 2014
  2. Ethernet cable?

Connecting to Xbox
    LIVE with a Ethernet cable?

Can I use a Ethernet cable and connect my Xbox 360 to my computer (Which can reach the wireless connection) And bridge the connections?

Would I be able to connect to Xbox LIVE? The whole reason I'm doing this is because the wireless network is to far away.

Thanks for the help.

Lee360TheCoder, Jun 26, 2014
  3. Wishcatcher
    Wishcatcher Guest
    Problems with System Linking

Hi,

If its the 1st generation of Xbox so the original one , to be able to play with link system , you should connect directly ONE ethernet cable on both consoles ( so not via the router … ) also let network settings on auto.

About Xbox 360 , please check this > https://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/console/connect-system-link-play

Regards,

Wishcatcher, Jun 26, 2014
  4. LA xThiZz
    LA xThiZz Guest

What Country/State/Province do you live in? United States/Washington State/Vancouver

Modem brand & model number: Xfinity, CM MAC[Mod Removed]

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?: I am able to connect with a white external adapter.

Things you have tried: LISTED ABOVE

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Comcast

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:

LA xThiZz, Jun 26, 2014
  5. LA xThiZz Win User

What Country/State/Province do you live in? United States/Washington State/Vancouver

Modem brand & model number: Xfinity, CM MAC[Mod Removed]

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?: I am able to connect with a white external adapter.

Things you have tried: LISTED ABOVE

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Comcast

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:
  6. Arminator Win User

New Internet Provider, New Problems Connecting To Live

To quote from the Source page taidara posted above: "Short-Term Workaround: An Xbox 360 can be connected to the wireless gateway via an Ethernet cable."

So simply use an ethernet cable, and you'll be able to connect to LIVE.
  7. KonaKat-0A94BCF5-1A4 Win User

Cannot connect to wireless network

Hi there! Are you using the Xbox wireless networking adapter to connect to your router? Are you able to connect by using an ethernet cable between your router and Xbox?
  8. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Troubleshooting problems, nothing seems to work for my xbox

nothing is wired only wireless I only have 2 cords the hdmi cord and power cord
    Are you able to connect to network hardware with ethernet cable?

Turn off console, connect with ethernet cable (wired), and factory refresh again.

You may need to power cycle your network hardware to reestablish internet and XBOX Live connection.
  9. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox 360 Network errors

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your response. To further troubleshoot this, it's recommended to attempt connection using an ethernet cable. If there is no issue with an ethernet cable, then the wireless network interface on your Xbox 360 could be failing.

Please let us know how this goes.
Thema:

1. Not able to connect to the network with a Xbox 360 Ethernet Cable! - Similar Threads - able connect network

2. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  3. not able to connect to my wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    not able to connect to my wireless network: i want to connect to my wireless network but when i click on ‘set up wireless network’ none of the available connections show up help c85f6820-475c-4935-8fcb-a995801b74b7
  4. Will Beats Flex headphones be able to connect via Bluetooth to a Xbox series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Beats Flex headphones be able to connect via Bluetooth to a Xbox series x?: I’ve been looking into buying these beats in ear headphones and was wondering if they would be able to connect to my series x. If not would they connect to my windows 11 pc?...
  5. If i delete my microsoft account that is connected to my ps4 for minecraft will i be able...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If i delete my microsoft account that is connected to my ps4 for minecraft will i be able...: I have a microsoft account connected to my ps4 for minecraft and i do not want it anymore and i'd very much like to connect a new one to it but you cannot just switch them because it is for some...
  6. I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able...: I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able to detect and connect to 5ghz wifi . Is there any solution or i have to replace the unit?...
  7. I’m not able to play multiplayer on minecraft bedrock edition, all it says is connecting to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m not able to play multiplayer on minecraft bedrock edition, all it says is connecting to...: I have tried to get it to work and is has only 2 times what do i do? 529a2a59-88b5-4c1d-92b0-b458caba2b9c
  8. Discord keeps disconnecting and not able to connect for a while

in XboX Insiders
    Discord keeps disconnecting and not able to connect for a while: anyone having an issue where Discord just disconnects you from VC and doesn’t let you join and just tells you “sorry looks like you were disconnected” its been happening a lot lately and this...
  9. Im not able to connect with my xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im not able to connect with my xbox app: So im trying to screenshare on discord i previously setup my xbox on the same phone but out of nowhere i now need to do all of this whenever i try i do it perfectly but for no reason it says...
  10. How can i fix my Xbox one not being able to connect to game servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i fix my Xbox one not being able to connect to game servers?: Ive been trying to play Fortnite on my xbox one but every time i try i get an error message that says it couldnt connect to epic games servers (ESP-BUIMET-003 error), it also happens with Warzone...