Not Able to Add Funds to Child's Account - Something Went Wrong

Discus and support Not Able to Add Funds to Child's Account - Something Went Wrong in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am unable to add funds to my child's account. For a couple of days now I receive this message: "Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Misty Clark, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Misty Clark
    Misty Clark Guest

I am unable to add funds to my child's account. For a couple of days now I receive this message: "Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while." And then it gives a Traceid. Refreshing and trying again is not working. Please advise how I may correct this issue. I've tried allowing my child's purchase by also clicking allow and I get this same message.

:)

Misty Clark, Sep 25, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Misty Clark,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are having trouble adding funds to your child's account and receiving an error message that says "Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while." with a Traceid. There could be several reasons why you are unable to add funds to your child's account. It could be a temporary issue with the Microsoft server, a problem with your payment method, or an issue with your child's account settings. Let's work on this together.

To resolve this issue, please try the following steps:

1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies. This will help to remove any temporary files that may be causing the issue. Here's an article that can guide you on how to do this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-and-site-data-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09

2. Check your payment method: Make sure that your payment method is valid and up-to-date. You can try adding a different payment method to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Try adding funds to your child's account using a different browser or device. This will help to determine if the issue is specific to the browser or device you are currently using.

3. Check if there are any restrictions set on your child's account that may be preventing you from adding funds. You can do this by going to account.microsoft.com/family and signing in with your Microsoft account. From there, select your child's account and check the "Spending" section to see if there are any restrictions set.

4. If the issue persists, please contact Xbox Support directly for further assistance. They will be able to investigate the issue and provide a solution. Here's the link to Xbox Support: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Misty Clark,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Smwutches Win User

transferring money between accounts

In a family group, the primary account can add funds to a child account, but funds cannot be transferred between accounts otherwise.
  5. Geri M. Win User

Add funds to child’s account

Hello Billy Matthews1,

Thank you for writing to Xbox Community Forums.

We could not really imagine how important it is for you to be able to rectify this issue at the soonest possible time. However, we have realized that this issue of yours would be dealt better by our live support team so that they can properly check what’s going on with your device and applications. They are more equipped with all the tools and resources to get your problem diagnosed. Kindly follow the steps below to contact our live support team.

1. Visit to the following link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Select the " See Contact Options" or "Request a Call" button
    3. Select the following drop-down menu options in the following order:
      What are you having trouble with? - XXXXXXXX
      What's the issue? -XXXXXXXXX
    4. The third box will ask you to describe your issue. We suggest something along the lines of "Unable to redeem code due to missing digits on gift card" and then select the "Next" button.
    5. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    6. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hope this helps and it is even better to connect with the correct support where you can get dedicated assistance, the experts there will provide accurate answers for you.

If you have other concerns, you can create a new post here.

I wish you a good day!

Kind regards

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. AndrewBowden1 Win User

Cant add funds to child account

Thanks. Tried contacting support but didn't get anywhere with it.

Tried online chat and couldn't speak to a person so tried to phone and it cut off.

But thanks.
Thema:

1. Not Able to Add Funds to Child's Account - Something Went Wrong - Similar Threads - Able Add Funds

2. Is there a reason for me not to be able to join an unfeatured server in Minecraft bedrock...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a reason for me not to be able to join an unfeatured server in Minecraft bedrock...: I do not know why but i have watch videos and videos and they are just not helping its not letting me join an un featured server. Is this a missing feature in the new update or a bug? Ps I'm on...
  3. Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...: Do y’all think that the console that is supposed to come out in 2026 will be worth buying for Gta 6 for the best possible experience, or do you think will the series X probably handle it good...
  4. I was wondering, is there any way to recover it? And if not, is Microsoft able to give me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was wondering, is there any way to recover it? And if not, is Microsoft able to give me...: So recently, I decided to factory reset my computer due to hardware issues. When I reinstalled Minecraft, I realized that the world that I had spent more than a hundred hours on had went away too....
  5. Not able to join a xbox party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to join a xbox party: Whenever i try to join a xbox party i get hit with a error code 0x80190190. Iv pretty much tried everything that i seen on xbox support website clearing mac, port forwarding, resetting my xbox....
  6. Are you guys able to help with anything activision related?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Are you guys able to help with anything activision related?: I had a random account link itself to my activision account and get me banned. Activision won't let me log in to get support and I'm just relying on there twitter for help....
  7. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  8. Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?: I'm trying to invite anyone from my friendliest to a 1v1 friendly and I see this message that "add friends to be able to play against them...." while I already have friends and it even shows that...
  9. Would you guys be able to add vbucks as an option?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Would you guys be able to add vbucks as an option?: I don't play on playstation instead I play on pc and it's not like a can get an xbox giftcard to use on vbucks is there an other way? d80acdcb-77f0-45ca-9c4d-6d281b02c194
  10. my modern warfare 2019 wont download at all, all the add ons and packs were able to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my modern warfare 2019 wont download at all, all the add ons and packs were able to...: my modern warfare 2019 does not want to download although every add on and packs for the game do download is there any particular reason e559aab3-efef-425e-a5c4-c8ea8aa40f66