not a question, microsoft is doing nothing to stop credit card theft.

Discus and support not a question, microsoft is doing nothing to stop credit card theft. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My son's credit card was stolen from his wallet at school. Microsoft refuses to help find out who did it so we can prosecute the child for his/her... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by umothra, Dec 17, 2022.

1. umothra
    umothra Guest

My son's credit card was stolen from his wallet at school. Microsoft refuses to help find out who did it so we can prosecute the child for his/her crime. Instead, they have charged almost $200.00 to Microsoft and are getting away with it. This system is broken. This kid needs a lesson, not a reward. How can I track down where the charges went to? I have every transaction number from the bank and no one at Microsoft will help me find where they went to. How can I get Microsoft to take responsibility and track the kid down?

:)

umothra, Dec 17, 2022
  2. KindGryphon Win User

You need to report it to the credit card company and the police. In order to get that kind of information requires a subpoena, which is the realm of law enforcement and the courts. The police are the ones who can request that information and then act on it
    Exactly. Microsoft wouldn't legally be able to provide any of the info the OP wants without a subpoena.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

You need to report it to the credit card company and the police. In order to get that kind of information requires a subpoena, which is the realm of law enforcement and the courts. The police are the ones who can request that information and then act on it
  4. KindGryphon Win User

My son's credit card was stolen from his wallet at school. Microsoft refuses to help find out who did it so we can prosecute the child for his/her crime. Instead, they have charged almost $200.00 to Microsoft and are getting away with it. This system is broken. This kid needs a lesson, not a reward. How can I track down where the charges went to? I have every transaction number from the bank and no one at Microsoft will help me find where they went to. How can I get Microsoft to take responsibility and track the kid down?

***Moved thread from Gaming and Xbox/Other***
    If Microsoft just simply told you the name on the Microsoft account where the card was used without going through the proper channels theyd be breaking all kinds of privacy laws.

Put it this way, how would you feel if someone claimed (not saying its just a false claim or anything like that but Microsoft has no way of knowing for sure) your son used their card without their permission and Microsoft just simply gave them your sons name, ect.

The only way they would be legally able to give you that sort of info would be with a subpoena/court order signed by a judge.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello umothra,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand where you are coming from, and the decision you would like to happen. Ceasing these charges from your son's credit card is the best thing you should be doing. We would like to set your expectation that Community doesn't have the ability to check or handle account/refund concerns since we do not have the right tool to process such request.

We could not guarantee if any transaction number from the bank, will reflect the name of the person who uses your son's credit card. What we notice here in Community, is that other users have issues paying the transactions when the details or information from the card and Microsoft account does not match. However, you can contact live support team and seek their advice on how to deal this issue. Please check the steps below to successfully reach them:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.

[​IMG]

3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".

[​IMG]

10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. HassanB Win User

Auto renew

Hi,

I don't believe that giving phone support the credit card number will let them give you the accounts that are associated with that credit card....

Either way, if you can't get them to give you that information (which I don't think they can give you) then you will need to contact your credit card provider and stop payment from Microsoft on that card and dispute them.

There's nothing else we would personally be able to do in regards to this.
Thema:

1. not a question, microsoft is doing nothing to stop credit card theft. - Similar Threads - question microsoft doing

2. The question is can Microsoft fix the banning system?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The question is can Microsoft fix the banning system?: Okay so check this out. There is a game that recently came out. It has these words "tobacco, opium, rum, ect" it's a pirate game for christ sake and when I posted a trading post to trade these...
  3. Hey Microsoft I got Forza horizon 5 , My question how can I get Forza horizon 5 to install...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey Microsoft I got Forza horizon 5 , My question how can I get Forza horizon 5 to install...: Microsoft I got the game today and I am having problems How can I get Forza horizon 5 to install and start on my Xbox series x? e8617e41-b203-4591-99c4-aa766fffc5d3
  4. Microsoft rewards question.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft rewards question.: Hi. I have a quick question about microsoft rewards. I have quite a few points racked up and I was going to renew for some gift cards. Now I know you only get 90 days to use the cards but I...
  5. Question about Microsoft Innactive Account Policy

in XBoX Accessibility
    Question about Microsoft Innactive Account Policy: Hello so i would like to know if my Microsoft Account will be deleted for innactivity even if i purchased a minecraft account with it . The reason why i am asking you this is because i have a...
  6. microsoft account recovery form questions.

in XBoX Accessibility
    microsoft account recovery form questions.: I own more than one xbox x's and i wonder which console id it wants me to enter, my home console or the one i play on the most? also is a xbox game pass considered a subsription to microsoft or...
  7. Question about Microsoft Solitaire collection for Android

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about Microsoft Solitaire collection for Android: Hello, a recent update was made to the solitaire collection for android changing the bottoms buttons. It use the be the undo button was on the far bottom right and next to it was the hint button....
  8. Question how do I redeem my Microsoft points when it say to redeem it says I need a phone...

in XBoX on Windows
    Question how do I redeem my Microsoft points when it say to redeem it says I need a phone...: Yea I'm pretty sure I don't need a number for Microsoft gift card idk tho can someone's confirm 8e5a8fdb-a5c3-41c3-9d9b-fe5e98dc9107
  9. Hello I just have a question… how do you unpair a microsoft account with a playstation...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello I just have a question… how do you unpair a microsoft account with a playstation...: Hello I have a question… how can I unpair a microsoft account from a playstation account and is it possible? Thank you 7b5365e7-47de-48ff-b542-17c0bc8b6b10
  10. Microsoft do you have a answer for this question please ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft do you have a answer for this question please ?: Won't get much understanding or sympathy on these forums alex. 57f03aee-1e0a-4657-94f5-e89f307f3857