Non Tech Dad Trying to set up XBox 360 Account for 10yr son

Discus and support Non Tech Dad Trying to set up XBox 360 Account for 10yr son in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have subscribed to Xbox 360 Gold and have set up a user account for son to use, his sister would also like to play on his consol, so does she need a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BaddestAuto, Sep 15, 2015.

1. BaddestAuto
    BaddestAuto Guest

I have subscribed to Xbox 360 Gold and have set up a user account for son to use, his sister would also like to play on his consol, so does she need a seperate user tag and does that mean two subscriptions, how do I set up a second and also why cant they
    play two player games using two controllers totally confused help please

:)

BaddestAuto, Sep 15, 2015
  2. Change email address for Xbox live account

Hello everyone

I need some help with my Xbox live account.

At the moment my Xbox live account is set up with my dads email address. Every time I want to sign in online I have to use his email address and password which is a pain!

I would like to change the email address I use for my Xbox live account. Basically associate my Xbox like account to my email address instead of my dads.

I've looked all over the internet trying what it suggests but none of it works.

Bare in mind my dad doesn't want to loose his email address.

Thanks!

XxDASHYxX TIM, Sep 15, 2015
  3. New account for my son

currently my son has an account on the xbox 360 for his console at my home and his dads(same account on both) i purchased a new xbox 0ne for him and couldnt login to his account and when i tried to change the password it wouldnt let me cause it was an old
    email and no longer was able to retrieve the password cause his dad changed it and was no help in setting things up. so long story short i set up a new account for him and want to know how much access his dad will have if i let him log the account on his console.
    i would love my son access to the extras i have purchased for him but i am worried his dad will just be taking advantage of the live account and any digital downloads i purchased. Is there any thing i can do or is it just a give the benefit of the doubt and
    put up with me paying for basically an extra person.

CANnibalWALK3R, Sep 15, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Yes, on the 360 each person would need their own gold subscription in order to play online. You can follow the instructions from here to create another account for your daughter -

support.xbox.com/.../Create%20account

Playing a game in 2-player mode (or split screen) is up to the game you're trying to play. Not all games have this option, so you'd need to make sure the game as "local multiplayer" listed on the box or marketplace description. For some games you have to
    get to split screen through the main menu of the game, and on some you just need both controllers plugged in or turned on, and the second controller just needs to press Start in game.

Smwutches, Sep 15, 2015
  5. Smwutches Win User

Yes, on the 360 each person would need their own gold subscription in order to play online. You can follow the instructions from here to create another account for your daughter -

support.xbox.com/.../Create%20account

Playing a game in 2-player mode (or split screen) is up to the game you're trying to play. Not all games have this option, so you'd need to make sure the game as "local multiplayer" listed on the box or marketplace description. For some games you have to
    get to split screen through the main menu of the game, and on some you just need both controllers plugged in or turned on, and the second controller just needs to press Start in game.
  6. Brad Fry Win User

Cant Play on 2 Consoles At the Same Time?

Hi,

Yes I understand that but thats not what I am doing. On Console A (Dads) I am using Account A (Dads) and on Console B Home Xbox (Sons) I have logged onto Account A (Dads) but playing on Account B (Sons). This is how I was advised to set up the consoles via a previous thread which I linked below. Thanks.
  7. Janet_C Win User

Best Way to Set Up Multiple Xbox's

Account A (Dad) is set as "Home Xbox" on console B (Son), so he will be able to use the games of account A from any other account.

By doing this, both of you will be able to play at the same time in any game, you from the "Dad" account and console and he from his "Son" account and console.
  8. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox live got removed from my account

...My sons dad did a factory reset on his xbox one and now everything is gone. We tried logging in and it got a different picture and name connected to it...
    In that case, your son signed in with a different email than he used before.

If the account was set up by his dad, is it possible that the kid used his dad's email (which he should NOT!).

If you sign in your son with the previously used email, he should have his old name and picture again.
  9. Big Kahuna-A497BD1D- Win User

XBOX Dungeons & Dragons Heroes says it can not be played on 360, bu it USED to!

Figured it out. My account is the only one on the 360 with LIVE, and we were trying to load it while my son was signed in to his non-LIVE account.
Thema:

1. Non Tech Dad Trying to set up XBox 360 Account for 10yr son - Similar Threads - Non Tech Dad

2. How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?: So I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon it worked the First Day I managed to make an account and download some free games but the next day it wouldn’t connect so I’m going to return it but...
  3. Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.: I am not insider, but, I think this is the appropriate place to ask technically problems? I am in LA area, a few days ago, I noticed my wish list is empty. I am pretty sure I didn't remove it...
  4. Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc: i use a Bluetooth headset that is plugged into my pc. It works perfectly fine when i use mouse and keyboard and if i use a ps5 controller. the second i plug an xbox series x controller into my pc...
  5. I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online: Is there a fix to this problem because its only been happening for a couple of weeks 109232d6-04d6-46f5-8ea2-81e94af44506
  6. Why are my non friends not receiving my messages?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my non friends not receiving my messages?: Hi all, I play a lot of Warframe, and with that I do a lot of buying and selling of items in the game. This means that I have to message a lot of people on Xbox for certain questions. Over the...
  7. Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...

in XboX Insiders
    Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...: www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-cloud-gaming-select-titles “We’re excited to share that later this year, it’s our intent to roll out the ability for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play, from the...
  8. If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with...: If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with my friend on xbox ed975e6e-9914-47ca-8bf9-88b2248c10d8
  9. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...
  10. Restricting non-friends playing on minecraft iOS

in XBoX Accessibility
    Restricting non-friends playing on minecraft iOS: Recently, I discovered that my son has been playing Minecraft on his iPad with some strangers. I don't know how to restrict that. When I login to Minecraft from the iPad the page asks me to log...