non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on

Discus and support non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; this didnt happen until today, same headset i’ve used before , but it will only play party audio through my headset, and plays everything else from my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AdultMan37, May 4, 2024.

1. AdultMan37
    AdultMan37 Guest

non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on

this didnt happen until today, same headset i’ve used before , but it will only play party audio through my headset, and plays everything else from my tv. i have been messing with audio settings for like 30 minutes at this point trying to fix it, i’ve disconnected the controller, i’ve restarted my console, i’ve adjusted my headset in the auxiliary jack, nothing fixes it

:)

AdultMan37, May 4, 2024
  2. ItsDeftty Win User

Headset problem

Hello there Kai, if you have a tv + speakers and want to use a headset instead you simply need to go to settings > volume & audio output > hdmi audio > headset format. If that does not sork you can go into additional options and check the ‘’mute speaker audio when headset attached’’ and party output to headset instead of speakers.

Hope you have an amazing rest of your day!

Best regards

Defty
  3. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Headset Echoing

If using headset for game audio and chat, mute the TV or any device your game and chat audio is coming through and make sure 'chat' is set to output through headset only. If you have your tv volume up in the background while you're on the headset there
    will probably be echoing especially if you have your party audio set to output through your TV.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Switch from headset to TV speaker

5. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Mic Sensitivity Issues

Hi RyanWill,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the mic/headset audio. I understand that is really frustrating for you and your party.

Is this through your Xbox console, or are you playing with PC? Are all the headsets being used Wireless? The mic should not pick up the sounds coming from the headset.

Check to make sure you don't have the chat / audio coming from the TV / Monitor as well as the headset, which can provide feedback to your party.

Here's how to manage your sound settings and turn off audio from your TV or Monitor:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Navigate to your profile, then select Settings
    3. Under General, navigate to Volume & audio output
    4. Under Advanced, select Additional options
    5. Under Party chat output select Headset
    From there you can check the box that says "Mute speaker audio when headset is attached" or check other settings from the Volume options drop downs. I personally have my Chat mixer setting at "Reduce the volume of other sounds by 50%"
  6. Sovereign Lazio Win User

Is there any way to play chat through "headset and television" like on the 360?

I really hope Microsoft sees this thread and updates the Xbox One's audio settings so that your own voice comes through both the tv speakers and the headset. As a new Youtuber I am very disappointed that I cannot record my own voice on my videos without
    splitting and splicing wires from my headset and controller so that my voice is transmitted through my tv speakers and recorded along with my game and party chat audio from friends. I am using an Elgato Game Capture Card and it only records audio that comes
    through your tv speakers. Since the Xbox One only allows my voice to come through my headset and not my tv speakers I am unable to record my own voice. So this method of splitting wires and using the Kinect microphone causes a reduced quality and an increased
    echo to my voice audio, making my videos have an overall horrible sound to them. By having my voice audio go through both my headset and tv speakers I would be able to record my voice with good quality. If Microsoft truly cares about it's consumers and making
    the Xbox One an "all in one" media center with social media support then it really needs to make the change in allowing players to have their voice chat audio go through both the headset and tv speakers in its next update.
Thema:

1. non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on - Similar Threads - non party audio

2. Customer service non existent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Customer service non existent: It's impossible to get through to anyone to speak about my Xbox headset that's in warranty and has broken after less than two months use, I've tried going through all of the automated channels and...
  3. How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?: So I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon it worked the First Day I managed to make an account and download some free games but the next day it wouldn’t connect so I’m going to return it but...
  4. Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.: I am not insider, but, I think this is the appropriate place to ask technically problems? I am in LA area, a few days ago, I noticed my wish list is empty. I am pretty sure I didn't remove it...
  5. Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc: i use a Bluetooth headset that is plugged into my pc. It works perfectly fine when i use mouse and keyboard and if i use a ps5 controller. the second i plug an xbox series x controller into my pc...
  6. I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online: Is there a fix to this problem because its only been happening for a couple of weeks 109232d6-04d6-46f5-8ea2-81e94af44506
  7. Why are my non friends not receiving my messages?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my non friends not receiving my messages?: Hi all, I play a lot of Warframe, and with that I do a lot of buying and selling of items in the game. This means that I have to message a lot of people on Xbox for certain questions. Over the...
  8. Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...

in XboX Insiders
    Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...: www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-cloud-gaming-select-titles “We’re excited to share that later this year, it’s our intent to roll out the ability for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play, from the...
  9. If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with...: If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with my friend on xbox ed975e6e-9914-47ca-8bf9-88b2248c10d8
  10. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...